Tickets (Part 2)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    drop happening now - go, go, go. Appears to be small though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see how they manage the day passes at the park and Excel – and control the crowds.

Say the unreserved ‘day pass’ section at the Sitting Volleyball is full and then three people leave who were sitting together (or even just disappear to the loo/get a sandwich).

A family of four is first in the queue, behind them is a person on their own and next after them is a couple and fourth is a party of 3. And then the original occupants come back 5 mins later.

Who is going to decide who gets the 3 empty seats assuming the family of four want to stay together – it could lead to disputes if its busy?

Maybe they have some ingenious system planned?!

Well Wimbledon & other tournaments have managed tennis queues for years succesfully. If you leave you simply join the end of the queue for readmittance. Stewards check what seats are available , offer them to people at front of queue , if they decline then to next in queue, where necessary steward may ask existing seated people to move seats to accomodate a family group , if the queue is not too long then the person who left for 5 minutes may get back into their seat. I suspect that if one parent takes say one child out just for a loo visit then a common sense approach would be adopted by the steward in letting them back in.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still trying to get Orbit tickets
    Forum Member
    Just got PAT18 tickets which includes the T44 400m. Will Oscar Pistorius be running? On the London 2012 site, his profile page says he is running the 100m and the 4x100m relay. Will he run the 200m and 400m at the Garmes?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    Mzuppit wrote: »
    Just got PAT18 tickets which includes the T44 400m. Will Oscar Pistorius be running? On the London 2012 site, his profile page says he is running the 100m and the 4x100m relay. Will he run the 200m and 400m at the Garmes?

Where are you looking? It says he is entered into the following events:

Mens 100m T44

Mens 200m T44

Mens 400m T44

Mens 4x100m Relay T42/T46

http://www.london2012.com/paralympics/athlete/pistorius-oscar-5503322/
  • andrewj123andrewj123 Posts: 709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Managed to get myself some swimming tickets for the day I am not volunteering so very happy that I can actually SEE some action rather than hearing it from outside :D
    Forum Member
    Bungle73 wrote: »
    Where are you looking? It says he is entered into the following events:

Mens 100m T44

Mens 200m T44

Mens 400m T44

Mens 4x100m Relay T42/T46

http://www.london2012.com/paralympics/athlete/pistorius-oscar-5503322/
    Thanks!! Saw it on this: http://www.london2012.com/athlete/pistorius-oscar-1085895/events

Just realised that it was the Olympics page, not paralympics.
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andrewj123 wrote: »
    Managed to get myself some swimming tickets for the day I am not volunteering so very happy that I can actually SEE some action rather than hearing it from outside :D

you working in the domain of the olympic park

enjoy :)
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where is the nearest ticket collection office at Stratford? I want to collect my orbit ticket today.

EDIT: Never mind, i found it!
  • rosalynnrosalynn Posts: 4,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got my elusive Wheelchair Basketball tickets! The Ben Marsh tracker told me and surprisingly they didn't even come up on my auto-refresh London 2012 ticket search page, so I think I was VERY lucky!
  • carnivalistcarnivalist Posts: 4,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long is it useful to wait on the "Requesting tickets" page? I've only gone to the purchasing page when the wait has been relatively short. The one time it took a while it produced the tickets not found page. I assume it is one of the vagaries of the system that it searches for tickets that aren't there and gets stuck in a loop.

Has anyone any idea of the reasons why the page does this?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    Loads have gone on sale go go go
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just collected my tickets for tomorrow and next Monday. Even though it's miserable weather, i could feel the excitement slowly coming back to the park again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was quite a buzz when I was there at the weekend, too - lots of Paralympians and team members floating around - really excited :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rosalynn wrote: »
    There was quite a buzz when I was there at the weekend, too - lots of Paralympians and team members floating around - really excited :)

I'm excited for the Athletics. I hope the rain has moved on and it's a nice clear day tomorrow, i have a park day pass (excluding venues) and a orbit ticket. I hope it's not too cloudy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    Am I able to collect tickets from all Paralympic venues regardless of whether or not my event is there? For example, would I be able to collect Athletics tickets from Royal Artillery Barracks and if so at what times or is there not a box office there? Thanks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    I got my Wheelchair Basketball tickets delivered yesterday (yay!!) but I can't find my seat numbers on them. Can anyone help with this? It's at the North Greenwich Arena, wasn't sure if because I got the £15 tickets that maybe it's a first come first served in getting the good seats. :)
    Forum Member
    MadCatLady wrote: »
    I got my Wheelchair Basketball tickets delivered yesterday (yay!!) but I can't find my seat numbers on them. Can anyone help with this? It's at the North Greenwich Arena, wasn't sure if because I got the £15 tickets that maybe it's a first come first served in getting the good seats. :)

I can't imagine it's sit where you like at a large venue like that. All my Olympic Park event tickets have a bit near the top that says Entry Point, Block, Row, Your Seat (no.). Look for something like that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So excited now - Excel day pass for Friday and athletics tickets row 3 for Saturday morning! Plus a decently priced family room booked in a local hotel hurrah!! And I just want to reiterate my thanks to everyone on here who helped with hints and tips for tickets. I'd have never got them otherwise.
    Forum Member
    I can't imagine it's sit where you like at a large venue like that. All my Olympic Park event tickets have a bit near the top that says Entry Point, Block, Row, Your Seat (no.). Look for something like that.

I haven't got any of that, I have the date, start time, event, location and then it says General Admission. Down the bottom it says my name, account, price, category, session and GA Reference. At the top on the right (near the barcode) there is a number and letter but they are the same on each of the tickets. I'm just a bit confused. :o
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    indeed :D:D you at morning or evening session? i am at both

where you sitting:)

i'm going to the evening session, row 13 block 139 :)
    Forum Member
    MadCatLady wrote: »
    I haven't got any of that, I have the date, start time, event, location and then it says General Admission. Down the bottom it says my name, account, price, category, session and GA Reference
    If it says "General Admission" then maybe it is sit where you like then? Maybe someone else knows? :confused:
    At the top on the right (near the barcode) there is a number and letter but they are the same on each of the tickets. I'm just a bit confused. :o
    I've got that on mine too, "Entry Code" with a number and letter above it. No idea what that means, but it's probably info for the officials and not Joe Public.
    Forum Member
    If it says "General Admission" then maybe it is sit where you like then? Maybe someone else knows? :confused:

I've got that on mine too, "Entry Code" with a number and letter above it. No idea what that means, but it's probably info for the officials and not Joe Public.

Ok thanks for your help. :) I'm just slightly panicky as everyone else is talking about block numbers and rows and I haven't got any of those. My friends are normally in charge of these type of things so I'm scared something will go wrong. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I ordered Wheelchair Basketball tickets, category A, too - will let you know if I can see any information once the website lets me view them. Haven't got the physical tickets yet though. Have you looked under 'My Account' on the London 2012 site? I agree that if it says 'General Admission' it'll probably sit where you like (to a point).
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    i'm going to the evening session, row 13 block 139 :)

nice :)