Fiona on Susanna...

Comments

• missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    nancy1975 wrote: »
    Well on Susannah, I have to wonder why some knives were suddenly out this last week with some well timed negativity in the popular press, including that tweet by an MP. I mean, I wasn't a fan, but I didn't think that was really on in a Final week, she and Kevin got to the final because a lot of people wanted them there, and I don't think it was a time for vitriol, for any of the finalists.

But on what had been going on beforehand, it seemed most weeks of the series from what I have seen, it was Susanna being covered, being photographed on her way to rehearsals, big interview spreads, mentioned by columnists, whereas the other finalists didn't seem to have much in the way of coverage that I could see. (I saw very little or nothing of the other three aside from ITT). It was almost like Susanna and to a lesser degree Kevin were trying to orchestrate a Team Cola kind of momentum, but maybe it came across a bit forced by the end, and bitchy commentators bit back. She also does not have Hollin's charm, who was genuinely funny. I think any momentum they had, was down to Kevin for the most part.

Nancy, there were daily photos in coffee shops, out with the child, smooching with Aljaz and other planted snippets for Abbey in the Mail for weeks before the final, and a lot of features in other papers and magasines in the immediate run-up, so Susanna really wasn't the only one running a carefully orchestrated PR campaign. The only difference was that Kevin had a lot more positive marketing in the early stages of Strictly particularly by the programme itself than any other pro which helped their momentum early on but Abbey's media onslaught was better timed at the end and very slick.
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bungitin wrote: »
    Sorry I had to cite this with suggested backstage competition: :)

'Murder on the dance floor'

A lot does go on backstage.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    totally agree - I like Abbey but she did the pr rounds - front pages
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lucy mane wrote: »

Miffed (somewhat annoyed or peeved)? Or just disappointed (just like anyone might be)?
  • multisyncmultisync Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    whilst she may be considered an overly ambitious woman who let her disappointment show on a number of occasions during the scoring for example it must be remembered she is a 43 yr old mum of 3 and as such did extremely well overall.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    >:( I have just read the article - how spiteful so very spiteful - in it she bemoans (quite rightly) how badly poor Nat was treated - but then goes on to claim the most spiteful claims about Suzanna allowing the opportunity for people to post horrible comments about Suzanna putting her in an exactly the same position as Nat - well done Fiona what a lovely classy thing to do - I understand that you cannot like everyone fine - perhaps your fellow contestants should now open up about you..And spilling all to the Daily Telegraph the paper that hates the BBC - Suzanna works for the BBC something Ms Fullerton you might not be doing too much of in the future - I thought that you were classy and I rooted for you and Anton - how wrong - toally classless>:(
  • multisyncmultisync Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Miffed (somewhat annoyed or peeved)? Or just disappointed (just like anyone might be)?

or just tired..
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    multisync wrote: »
    or just tired..
    Indeed.

And sometimes that tiredness comes through in volumes when a glamorous woman is photographed with very little make-up, and hair a bit untidy (a classic tabloid trick)
  • dd23dd23 Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    I think it may also be fair to consider the source paper in all this. The Telegraph (and The Mail for that matter)are hardly known for their general approval of anything at all to do with the BBC.
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember when Fiona starred as Alice (in Wonderland) and I thought she was lovely. But then I guess age and experience had not by then tarnished her outlook on life.

It's one thing having one's likes and dislikes.

But when it comes to professional life, as Thumper said in Bambi "if yer can't say nothin' nice, don't say nothin' at all".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The article is on the Daily Mail site - so Fiona gets to spread her spite - well done - I genuinely feel for Suzanna on this one - to find out that other contestants were muttering behind her back - come Fullerofherself - spill - who else joined your gang? I hope that mark Benton was not involved that would break my heart! Is Fullerof herself doing the tour?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She completely pathetic and as someone else said, hilariously bitter.

SHOCK HORROR, Susanna was being nice to her fans and REPLYING to them on Twitter. Fiona could have done this too if she'd wanted. She does after all have approx 180,000 fewer followers than Susanna. Maybe the encouraging tweets of support simply weren't there to respond to.

SHOCK HORROR, a successful woman with a demanding job and a large family of young children is better at dancing than someone who can spend all their time practising and still be pretty appalling.

In my opinion she was pretty lucky to get on the show at all. Who on earth had heard of her? Living on her "fame" from a single scene in a Bond film from nearly 30 years ago.

Pathetic woman. Hope she sinks back to obscurity where she belongs.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She completely pathetic and as someone else said, hilariously bitter.

SHOCK HORROR, Susanna was being nice to her fans and REPLYING to them on Twitter. Fiona could have done this too if she'd wanted. She does after all have approx 180,000 fewer followers than Susanna. Maybe the encouraging tweets of support simply weren't there to respond to.

SHOCK HORROR, a successful woman with a demanding job and a large family of young children is better at dancing than someone who can spend all their time practising and still be pretty appalling.

In my opinion she was pretty lucky to get on the show at all. Who on earth had heard of her? Living on her "fame" from a single scene in a Bond film from nearly 30 years ago.

Pathetic woman. Hope she sinks back to obscurity where she belongs.

Yes, she was only in one scene wasn't she? Not really a true Bond girl in the way say Jane Seymour or Honor Blackman were. Completely ridiculous that she calls herself one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fiona did a weekly column in the Telegraph until she was voted out and in week one she said what a lovely, warm personality Abbey had and also that Susanna was a bit too steely and determined so I don't think it's sour grapes, just the fact she didn't take to her.
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, she was only in one scene wasn't she? Not really a true Bond girl in the way say Jane Seymour or Honor Blackman were. Completely ridiculous that she calls herself one.

To be fair, Strictly calls her it.

In the same way as someone with a top 10 single x number of years ago is a Pop Princess or someone who once peaked round a door in a crowd scene in a big film is a Star of Screen - and all the other overblown job descriptions that get trotted out every Saturday.
  • fermynfermyn Posts: 2,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fiona's gone right down in my estimation after that. I doubt that Susanna is a huge admirer of women in their 50s who put on the saccherine 'little-girl-lost' act either. I worked with one and she was a right b**** too.
  • Chilli DragonChilli Dragon Posts: 24,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's funny how people (especially other women) cannot stand women with ambition. Gabby Logan got similar jibes too. Susanna wasn't my favourite but there is nothing wrong with wanting to win and being upset that you haven't.
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its rich coming from fiona.

Did she mention that she was once in a bond film? Utterly pathetic

what a claim to fame.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's funny how people (especially other women) cannot stand women with ambition. Gabby Logan got similar jibes too. Susanna wasn't my favourite but there is nothing wrong with wanting to win and being upset that you haven't.

I haven't found the ambitious women an issue, and I've met a fair few in my working life, it's the ones who would step over their Grannies to get the goal that wind me up. Ambition is wanting to make the best of your talents and opportunities and to be the best you can be, nothing wrong with that.
  • ElanElan Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    I just wrote in another thread with this link I find those comments rude and unnecessary and not what appeared on Saturday night.
  • BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Posy wrote: »
    rather shocked by this, think it says more about Fiona than anything else to be honest

Me too! I didn't mind who won and thought this group got on well together. In fact, Claudia made a remark about this group being a lovely group, unlike some.

True or not, Fiona doesn't come out well writing this. Leaves a bitter taste after what was one of the best finals in years. :(
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is she telling us anything we don't already know? I'm glad Susanna is cashing in - more fool her if she doesn't! The only bit that touched me was the bit about Sophie crumbling after being eliminated. She looked so composed in front of the camera - such a professional but the enormity of what had happened was bound to hit her sooner or later.
  • gorlagongorlagon Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet the Telegraph's sub-ed danced around the room and broke out the champagne when they saw that remark. Quite possibly, there were significantly more words (so the Susanna remark was less noticeable) in Fiona's original draft, but you can bet your bottom dollar there was no way the sub-ed's red pen would have got rid of that little pearl.

Deary me.
  • missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    My sympathies with Susanna in all this too. I have no doubt she must be hard work at times (aren't most people in showbiz?) but however hard she works at self promotion, she hasn't tried to do it by bitching about others (at least not in public). Not classy, Fiona, and not clever!