Such A Annoying Winner!

MadeInHarryMadeInHarry Posts: 825
Forum Member
✭✭
I mean this pretty much shows everyone voted for who the person was and not the song.

The song was so average. It just reminded me off a shitty James Bond track. I personally feel everyone is saying a well known act should enter the Eurovison for the UK. Do I agree? Kind of, if a band like The Vamps entered with a good catchy song. We could do well as much as I hate boybands. The world love a boyband or let's enter a female dressed as a man with a average song and see how we do.

Comments

• WeeblesWobbleWeeblesWobble Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting
  • achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't be bitter. <3
  • Damien.Damien. Posts: 18,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That song was fantastic and sung to perfection. If she'd shaved the beard, I think it still would have won.
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must admit I didn't get the "statement" the winner was supposed to be making. That's not to say I didn't think he/she didn't deserve to win, it was among the best entries this year.
    But I did feel kind of out of the loop with regards to all the love and admiration she appeared to be getting, even Graham seemed completely over the moon that she'd won, I've never seen him so enthusiastic.
  • MadeInHarryMadeInHarry Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People the song was completely average. It sounded like a cheap rip off version of Skyfall. The song was good yes. But most of the songs were completely shit, this year was a shit year for songs. About 10 songs were better and more catchy than that song itself.
  • EuanDesuEuanDesu Posts: 2,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that it was the person people voted, not the song.
  • barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    She won for political reasons.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EuanDesu wrote: »
    I agree that it was the person people voted, not the song.

Thank you. It was so obviously too because she had ALOT of hype before about her with the beard and being a drag artist. She wasn't really making a statement, don't even get me started on Russia and UKraine.
  • TUCTUC Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    Thank you. It was so obviously too because she had ALOT of hype before about her with the beard and being a drug artist. /QUOTE]

A drug artist. Well that's a different allegation to most of the rest of the posts!:)
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do wonder how well it would have done if it had been sung by Tom Neuwirth rather than his alter ego
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The song was good but there were a lot better performed on the night - Netherlands obviously.

And the way everytime she got a 12 there was this over the top crying just turned me right off her. It just seemed over emotive and hyped.
  • mattlambmattlamb Posts: 4,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I mean this pretty much shows everyone voted for who the person was and not the song.

The song was so average. It just reminded me off a shitty James Bond track. I personally feel everyone is saying a well known act should enter the Eurovison for the UK. Do I agree? Kind of, if a band like The Vamps entered with a good catchy song. We could do well as much as I hate boybands. The world love a boyband or let's enter a female dressed as a man with a average song and see how we do.

To be fair, Denmark's act and song was very boy-band like. They did badly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I agrer. NL was actually a good song, so was Spain, but things like Poland? They basically got votes for the girl stripping. I mean yeah there song was catchy.
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mattlamb wrote: »

9th isn't bad at all
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zeb Atlas wrote: »
    The song was good but there were a lot better performed on the night - Netherlands obviously.

And the way everytime she got a 12 there was this over the top crying just turned me right off her. It just seemed over emotive and hyped.

Most fake crying you will ever see. Pathetic
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mattlamb wrote: »

Denmarks was a poor Bruno Mars rip off, also they need to have the whole boyband look. They didn't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    9th isn't bad at all

Ah, didn't realise they finished that high. My mistake
  • BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Another extremely poor winner!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barrcode88 wrote: »
    She won for political reasons.

you know the politics of said act?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    personally i preferred netherlands, thought it was a better song, that's was my opinion and not necessarily everyone elses, guess what, i'm not whinging or crying, i got to hear some good tunes.
  • Banana RamaBanana Rama Posts: 3,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i am sad that netherlands didn't win, it would of made refreshing change to the kind of songs that normally win...
  • BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    i am sad that netherlands didn't win, it would of made refreshing change to the kind of songs that normally win...

100% agree
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm definitely not crying. Definitely whinging though
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would have preferred Holland to win as well. It was a well performed song.
  • BethnalGreenBethnalGreen Posts: 12,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hated all of the top rated songs and I am a regular and die hard fan - so angry right now and if I am honest I can see the beginning of the end for the contest. It has gone from one bad extreme to the other. We have gone from the block voting and Eastern Europe debate to now the Scandinavians locking up the contest and showing favourtism. I have had enough of it to be honest. >:(:(