Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does Deirdre have to act like a simpleton all the time now, is it meant to be comedy? Also, how could Gail eat a stew that was cooked by some man she hardly knows in his grotty flat, especially when he said he had put: bits of everything into it, surely she wasn't that hungry?:confused:
  • Options
    NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So again, Gary gets work but before he has even started what does he do? Goes straight to the pub to celebrate of course, again. It wasn't that long ago they couldn't even afford a tin of beans and Izzy stole from the charity money, Gary does some odd jobs and is rolling in it.
  • Options
    JackKlugmanJackKlugman Posts: 5,362
    Forum Member
    So again, Gary gets work but before he has even started what does he do? Goes straight to the pub to celebrate of course, again. It wasn't that long ago they couldn't even afford a tin of beans and Izzy stole from the charity money, Gary does some odd jobs and is rolling in it.

He had the promise of a few hours here and there. With Izzy and the factory money I fully expect them to have a deposit for a house in a few weeks and expensive holidays within six months.

The writers on the soap seem to really be disconnected with reality
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why does Deirdre have to act like a simpleton all the time now, is it meant to be comedy? Also, how could Gail eat a stew that was cooked by some man she hardly knows in his grotty flat, especially when he said he had put: bits of everything into it, surely she wasn't that hungry?:confused:

It's amazing what you'll eat when you're horny :D
  • Options
    chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's amazing what you'll eat when you're horny :D
    Really? Well, I never knew that!!

Carla got the paper work sorted out very quickly for Peter to sign himself off the Directors' list, etc., without, seemingly, giving him the opportunity to get legal advice on the wisdom or otherwise of being, in effect, thrown out. At least it now seems to be recognised as a PLC (piddling little company), rather than a partnership.

So if both Directors have to sign, presumably someone new will have to be appointed? Well we all know that this will be forgotten by the scriptwriters, and nobody will be.

All that said, I tend to listen on auto-pilot, (like the rest of us, no doubt), so I might have missed something.

I suppose that Peter will now be Peter again rather than Mr Barlow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    chestfield wrote: »

I suppose that Peter will now be Peter again rather than Mr Barlow.

Inmate Barlow with any luck. He can share a cell with karl
  • Options
    FionnBFionnB Posts: 448
    Forum Member
    He had the promise of a few hours here and there. With Izzy and the factory money I fully expect them to have a deposit for a house in a few weeks and expensive holidays within six months.

The writers on the soap seem to really be disconnected with reality

And who is supposed to look after Jake when Gary gets his few hours work here and there?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    FionnB wrote: »
    And who is supposed to look after Jake when Gary gets his few hours work here and there?

Emily. Either that or he can carry the baby on his back
  • Options
    MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emily. Either that or he can carry the baby on his back

Which will be a damn sight safer than when Jake careers around on his precarious perch on Izzy's lap.
  • Options
    ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last night I watched a young Jane Danson as Monica being hanged in "The Grand" then immediately after I watched her as Leanne in "Corrie". Quite bizarre!
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen Monday's first ep. So Leanne is outside Nick's flat shouting and laying claim to all her little foibles besides prostitution. Who suddenly steps out? Kal's mother! Now she knows everything about Leanne (Gail & Kylie discussing the one-night-stand in loud voices and in full detail deva vu) More she's behind you pantomime.

Nick - how did he get the sign changed so quickly and isn't it about time he was sectioned?

Someone. Please. Come and take him away. :o
  • Options
    tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Just seen Monday's first ep. So Leanne is outside Nick's flat shouting and laying claim to all her little foibles besides prostitution. Who suddenly steps out? Kal's mother! Now she knows everything about Leanne (Gail & Kylie discussing the one-night-stand in loud voices and in full detail deva vu) More she's behind you pantomime.

Nick - how did he get the sign changed so quickly and isn't it about time he was sectioned?

Someone. Please. Come and take him away. :o

That was just ridiculous. First of all, why on earth would anyone shout out her misdemeanours to anyone who might hear? Then what the heck was Kal's mother doing there, and what a strange coincidence that she turned up at the exact moment Leanne was loudly confessing her misdeeds!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was just ridiculous. First of all, why on earth would anyone shout out her misdemeanours to anyone who might hear? Then what the heck was Kal's mother doing there, and what a strange coincidence that she turned up at the exact moment Leanne was loudly confessing her misdeeds!

Corrie is very badly SL'd and very badly written. It's become increasingly insulting to the viewers. It's only worth watching these days to see how much more ludicrous it can get.
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corrie is very badly SL'd and very badly written. It's become increasingly insulting to the viewers. It's only worth watching these days to see how much more ludicrous it can get.

I regularly tune in and watch, but moreso now to watch for any glaring errors, SOR's etc....I find this thread far more interesting sometimes than the actual show! :)
  • Options
    cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

.... or in the futile hope that it will return to old form..... :(
  • Options
    warleywitchwarleywitch Posts: 2,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I regularly tune in and watch, but moreso now to watch for any glaring errors, SOR's etc....I find this thread far more interesting sometimes than the actual show! :)

I agree. I enjoy this CS forum but I wish I could say the same for the show itself. I've gone past caring about it now. I hope I'm still alive when the current producer goes. I think I'll put a little flag out if I'm still here. The show's gone into the realms of fairyland ...nothing much realistic about it . And that awful nagging whining pairDAvid and Kylie whose carping at their daft mother is driving me nuts!
  • Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    Meldrewman wrote: »
    Which will be a damn sight safer than when Jake careers around on his precarious perch on Izzy's lap.

This really made me laugh for some reason :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So do I! Corrie don't seem to care any more. Also I think they've lost their way. Clearly they don't want to be like EE but they've too far. The comedy element is naff and the SLs etc are just crap. Furthermore, Corrie seem determined to keep unpopular characters like Michelle & Fiz whilst dumping other characters who are fine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think that it is safe to say that the show has very little bearing on reality.

You have a 82 year old woman running the informal street creche, having the energy to look after lots of new borns and toddlers. As well as a factory that is able to produce cheaper quality knickers than China and pay the staff well enough that they can get bladdered every dinner hour.

An attractive girl like Maria chasing a troll like Tyrone and another orange one chasing a middle aged drunk.

What we need is Army boy going down the Job Center and being treated like filth and sanctioned for no reason and Izzy loosing her job, and then being assessed by ATOS and being declared "cured"

Shine a light on the policies of the hated Government >:(
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Popped into the thread tonight and slightly disappointed no one has posted!

Am so used to reading posts after an episode! :)
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fortunately Eileen will never have a problem in relation to bedroom tax. She billets more people than a Polish plumbers gaff.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Steve is on an airport run. Lloyd is abroad on holiday. That just leaves Eileen training Michael on the switchboard in the taxi office. So how come both Eileen and Michael can be found sitting in Roy's cafe a short time later casually drinking tea? Who is looking after the switchboard? Of the 24 hours in a day I wonder how many it stays open.

The idea of David getting Gail to believe the TV was dishonestly obtained makes no sense either.
    Gail must be aware that the TV had been a legitimate purchase made by Michael. She saw it arriving in the taxi. It was new and sealed in original packaging and the taxi driver couldn't miss witnessing the purchase being made by Michael. And in all likelihood the taxi driver would have assisted in fetching it from the shop.
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve is on an airport run. Lloyd is abroad on holiday. That just leaves Eileen training Michael on the switchboard in the taxi office. So how come both Eileen and Michael can be found sitting in Roy's cafe a short time later casually drinking tea? Who is looking after the switchboard? Of the 24 hours in a day I wonder how many it stays open.

I thought that as well, so I rang up StreetCars, and Fat Brenda answered :D

However, besides Lloyd and Steve, do they have any other drivers?
  • Options
    FionnBFionnB Posts: 448
    Forum Member
    Popped into the thread tonight and slightly disappointed no one has posted!

Am so used to reading posts after an episode! :)

In that case I highly recommend checking out the 'Coronation Street Catch Up' in the Mirror online after each episode - it's hilarious.
  • Options
    MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FionnB wrote: »
    In that case I highly recommend checking out the 'Coronation Street Catch Up' in the Mirror online after each episode - it's hilarious.

That's SO funny (almost as funny as we are on here! ;-)) - Thank You!!!
This discussion has been closed.