Options

Michael McIntyre MUST Come Back Next Year

ThisGenerationThisGeneration Posts: 357
Forum Member
He's been the best thing about this series - if he gets the boot from Cowell/ITV I (and many others) will be fuming. :mad:

If anyone should go it should definately be Amanda Holden - she's just awful and so full of herself. :mad:

Comments

• Options
    rated_2000rated_2000 Posts: 2,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ive gotten used to him as the week went on and the hoff too.

wasnt keen on either to start

be smart of cowell to keep the panel the same now the viewers have got used to them
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I absolutely adore Michael McIntyre. It made all the difference having him there instead of Piers Morgan and I hope he sticks around for many years.
  • Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Michael but I don't like the whole 'sell your soul' for ridiculous amounts of money from Simon to do as Simon says.
    I would prefer him to break away as I wouldn't want him associated with so much controversy.
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    He was certainly the best thing about this series. Seems like he's coming back, according to Simon on BGMT (although we know what he can be like...).
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's a good personality, but he needs to be a firmer judge. Too much rubbish got through thanks to his decisions.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    He's the closest to a 'left-field' panelist this type of show has had, and it's a bit better for it. Sure he must have ripped the p*ss out of stuff like this in past stand up performances. To take things to the next level though, I'd like to see a guest spot judge, who's that comedian with the specs, swears a lot, from our great city of Glasgow.........?
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's the closest to a 'left-field' panelist this type of show has had, and it's a bit better for it. Sure he must have ripped the p*ss out of stuff like this in past stand up performances. To take things to the next level though, I'd like to see a guest spot judge, who's that comedian with the specs, swears a lot, from our great city of Glasgow.........?

Frankie Boyle? I think he'd be a bit of a risk for a family show. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hahaha:D I would LOVE to see that!!
  • Options
    MrRightMrRight Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought he was great during the auditions but it went a bit wrong when it came to the decisions.
    Some of his & the other judges' reactions to the acts they laughably put through to the semis were harsh & uncomfortable to watch.

Overall, for his first series he was really good more often than not he makes me laugh & hopefully he'll feel more confident to stand up to the producers & make stronger decisions in the next series.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, he brought something fresh and funny to the panel. The feedback from the others is stuff we've heard a hundred times before.
  • Options
    George7George7 Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, certainly bring back MM next year. I thought he was great on the show. Also, I warmed to The Hoff as the show went on and wouldn't mind seeing him again next year. However, I can't say the same for SC.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    They should definitely keep Michael and Cowell shouldn't bother coming back :p
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think BGT has reached it's expiration date now. Though I agree that Michael has been pretty much the only good thing about this series. I've loved him!
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I definitely think he should stay. It's The Hoff they need to get rid of next year. He was getting on my nerves.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    I hope that both Michael and The Hoff are back next year :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope that both Michael and The Hoff are back next year :)

Me too - but at the expense of the blonde airhead sitting in between em! :rolleyes::mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    Loved Michael this year, hope he will be back. I always thought that Alan Carr would be a good judge, but I guess he's tied down to Channel 4.
  • Options
    ValerianValerian Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :

I'd pay good money to witness that. It would maybe put an end to all these primary school kids with their pushy parents showing up. :eek::D
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love him as a judge! When it was reported he was signed I was :confused::confused::confused: but he has certainly made a pretty dull series entertaining :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I totally agree. Michael McIntyre made this series and David Hasselhoff was fun too.
    Amanda Holden was downright rude when Jai won and the more we see of her the more she is becoming SImon's yesman, a bit like Cheryl Cole.
    I didnt like that Simon came back for the semi finals and final.
    The auditions were fun to watch this year.
  • Options
    LucyDTrymLucyDTrym Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    XDarkEyesX wrote: »
    I absolutely adore Michael McIntyre. It made all the difference having him there instead of Piers Morgan and I hope he sticks around for many years.

Yes I like him and the hoff too lol.
  • Options
    calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they were both good on the panel.. they kept their cheery faces throughout.. whereas Simon sat with his "I know it all fed up look" move over Simon.. you have big big competition..
  • Options
    kate1kate1 Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Michael has been fantastic, because he adds the comedy factor in. I dont think we really need Simon anymore. Infact I would like to see Michael on the X Factor. Hes not up his own ass, a genuinely funny nice guy, without any hangups
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand why MM was on the show. He has a career.
  • Options
    mike1948mike1948 Posts: 2,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Moth wrote: »
    I don't understand why MM was on the show. He has a career.

The money!