Options

Anyone else NOT watch the olympics?

QuayStQuaySt Posts: 93
Forum Member
I managed to avoid seeing any of the olympics and just curious if anyone else did the same.

Comments

• Options
    PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I caught glimpses of the gymnastics and weight lifting. So, no I guess I didn't succeed :)
  • Options
    johnnybgoode83johnnybgoode83 Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

:D
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    I watched it, lots towards the beginning and less towards the end.
  • Options
    bart4858bart4858 Posts: 11,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    QuaySt wrote: »
    I managed to avoid seeing any of the olympics and just curious if anyone else did the same.

Only bits of the opening/closing ceremonies on-line. No actual sport except when I turned on the TV and saw a few minutes of the men's marathon, just as the winner crossed the line.

But then... I also went to a demonstration of Super Hi Vision TV last week (the one that's 16 times better than HD). And most of the program was to do with the Olympics. So not completely my choice...
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    I barely watched anything else.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only watched the Opening Ceremony.

The Olympics just doesn't appeal to me. The only major sporting event I'd watch would be the World Cup.
  • Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Opening and closing ceremonies and the unavoidable bits on the news programmes. Other than that I avoided the various BBC Olympics channels like the proverbial plague.
  • Options
    nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched about 9.63 seconds of it, but only as part of an article on the BBC website. ;)
  • Options
    TungstenTungsten Posts: 2,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Never mind, there's always next year's.
  • Options
    riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a single event! The only glimpses I got of them was when flicking through channels or when I couldn't avoid news reports!

I have no interest in them whatsoever!
  • Options
    ste1969ste1969 Posts: 1,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i can't wait when does it start
  • Options
    ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    ste1969 wrote: »
    i can't wait when does it start

bugger...nick my gag would you ? :p
  • Options
    BlackmantaBlackmanta Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    Managed to totally avoid it apart from the tedious news reports.

Last night we had a fat-boy curry, bottle of wine and watched a recording of Ice Cold in Alex to celebrate the end of it.
  • Options
    tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    oh shit have i missed it dam and blast
  • Options
    wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    Have the Olympics been on?? :confused:
  • Options
    spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phew ...... wont have to spend loadsa time deliberately not watching those 24 channels ...... avoiding them entirely for 2 weeks has left me a physical wreck.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    I've pretty much done nothing bu sit on my arse for two weeks and watch sports. It's been pretty good.
  • Options
    HazelKeelanHazelKeelan Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a single event! The only glimpses I got of them was when flicking through channels or when I couldn't avoid news reports!

I have no interest in them whatsoever!

what do you want, a medal? :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    Missed the whole thing.
  • Options
    WhothamanWhothaman Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    Watched as much as I could. Thought it was great, even the opening and closing ceremonies.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apart from the odd radio report while in the car, I didn't watch/see/listen to any of it. I even stopped listening to radio 5 when travelling to and from work.

It's the first olympics where I've deliberately avoided them, and I'm really glad I did. Don't feel as if I missed anything at all.

I did watch the thing about the two rowers with Dr Who in it- excellent TV. Far better than the modern , money is everything, non-event we've just spent billions we don't have on.
  • Options
    HazelKeelanHazelKeelan Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from the odd radio report while in the car, I didn't watch/see/listen to any of it. I even stopped listening to radio 5 when travelling to and from work.

It's the first olympics where I've deliberately avoided them, and I'm really glad I did. Don't feel as if I missed anything at all.

I did watch the thing about the two rowers with Dr Who in it- excellent TV. Far better than the modern , money is everything, non-event we've just spent billions we don't have on.

Hahahahaha. Really really really convincing.
  • Options
    DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Missed the opening ceremony, I fell asleep (tired not bored), caught highlights on the 6am news each day, and watched the closing ceremony. I had many, many friends posting updates on Facebook that I didn't need to watch!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,667
    Forum Member

Yup, not one minute.
  • Options
    rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did Linford Christie win anthing?