Chelsea Vs Man City, Who do you want to win in the FA Cup?

Lawro2Lawro2 Posts: 1,219
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Chelsea Vs Man City, Who are you rooting for?

Kick Off 17:15

Chelsea Vs Man City, Who do you want to win? 56 votes

Chelsea
26% 15 votes
Man City
32% 18 votes
Frankly My Dear, I Don't Give A Damn
41% 23 votes

Comments

• DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chelsea as I have them on my coupon
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read that as 'who do you want to win the FA Cup'. In which case, neither! But for the match, I would say Chelsea.
  • Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,620
    Forum Member
    Neither, however i'd love to see a replay in this tie.
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh that's a tough one, will need some time to think about that.

All right, after careful deliberation, I'm going to say Chelsea. :)
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Im always behind whichever team Mourinho is managing (unless they are playing Man Utd or it affects Man Utd) so in this case its obviously Chelsea.
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im not really bothered, but if I have to pick one of them, then it will be Chelsea.
  • TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't care much for Mourinho's ruthless cynacism when anaesthetising a game of football at times, so I've gone for City.

That said, the league win at City wasn't that cynical and was more a fascinating tactical duel that Chelsea won, albeit still narrowly.

But to see a rampant City tear into Chelsea would be equally entertaining if not more so, as it would really test Mourinho's tactical flexibility.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although I'm not a fan of cup replays, I wouldn't mind one this time purely to increase the potential fixture pileup for both clubs, which could hurt them in the title race.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care because I dislike both teams, but if I had to pick then City.
  • victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Man City
  • bamberbamber Posts: 1,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    draw.
  • DirtyBarrySpeedDirtyBarrySpeed Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see Man City win as Mourinho is getting just a bit too cocky for his own good.
  • JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,660
    Forum Member
    Fantastic couple of goals from Man City tonight.
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joooe wrote: »
    Fantastic couple of goals from Man City tonight.

Yes got to love offside goals
  • Richie1001Richie1001 Posts: 8,217
    Forum Member
    Luiz stopped to appeal for the offside there - if he'd kept running he may have been able to keep that one out.
  • JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,660
    Forum Member
    codeblue wrote: »
    That's clutching at straws a bit. It was right in line.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »

NEITHER one was offside
    stupid commentator saying LOOK AT HIS ARM ..... no idiot you look at his FEET!!!

and that second was was NOT an offside, as it was a chelsea player who got a touch on it first!

ibyouarewrong
  • super-eaglesuper-eagle Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was boys vs men. Looks like City are back in business.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems Mourinho can play chess but not draughts.

City pressed tonight unlike the league game and Jose's master plan needed rewriting once they'd scored. Yet having to take the initiative and forcing the issue didn't suit the Chelsea team and he didn't change it.

Nice to see the City manager learn from that last game. Other teams will probably take a lot from it too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheSloth wrote: »
    Seems Mourinho can play chess but not draughts.

City pressed tonight unlike the league game and Jose's master plan needed rewriting once they'd scored. Yet having to take the initiative and forcing the issue didn't suit the Chelsea team and he didn't change it.

Nice to see the City manager learn from that last game. Other teams will probably take a lot from it too.

It wasn't a master plan. Even Ferguson used to park the bus and hit City on the counter attack. Mourinho is not phenomenon, his tactics are very old and not something he invented.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wasn't a master plan. Even Ferguson used to park the bus and hit City on the counter attack. Mourinho is not phenomenon, his tactics are very old and not something he invented.

The fact it worked against a team that was stuffing visiting rivals out of sight prior to that MAKES it a master plan I'm afraid. If it was that archaic, the City manager should be sacked for gross incompetence for not countering it.

An they hardly parked the bus. They were organised, disciplined and chose their moments to attack City carefully. The front players were always looking to counter and were hustling City off the ball high up the pitch to do so.

At least City went away, watched the DVD and did something about it.
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's the thing with Mourinho, if his plan A doesn't go well he struggles with Plan B. I still remember John Terry up front at 2-0 down.
  • jclock66jclock66 Posts: 2,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's the thing with Mourinho, if his plan A doesn't go well he struggles with Plan B. I still remember John Terry up front at 2-0 down.

I still remember Robert Huth up front.

What a tactical genius.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheSloth wrote: »
    The fact it worked against a team that was stuffing visiting rivals out of sight prior to that MAKES it a master plan I'm afraid. If it was that archaic, the City manager should be sacked for gross incompetence for not countering it.

An they hardly parked the bus. They were organised, disciplined and chose their moments to attack City carefully. The front players were always looking to counter and were hustling City off the ball high up the pitch to do so.

At least City went away, watched the DVD and did something about it.

Erm yes they parked the bus. That's what they are so good at. Get 10 men behind the ball in their own half and hit the opponent on the counter attack when the ball is recovered.

City played in the way they play every week, they don't have to watch no DVD's or study the opponent in depth. They have a style of play that does't change.
  • Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,459
    Forum Member
    Every city player on the pitch especially those involved in the defeat in the league stood up and put a top notch performance.

Everything including tactics were spot on.

But hope someone has a word with Jovetic, no need to dive when he looks like like he has a lot to add and probably more to come.