Sun newspaper hit by criticism after 'Satan boy' article

13»

Comments

• sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jazzyjack wrote: »
    The 'story' isn't the problem, it's the fact that it involves a clearly identified 4 year old boy who is going to be seriously damaged by it in one way or another.

Really? :D

I'd be willing to bet that he'll be loving the attention and is running round his playgroup telling kids to be nice to him or he'll put a curse on them or similar.
  • tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sodavlac wrote: »
    Really? :D

I'd be willing to bet that he'll be loving the attention and is running round his playgroup telling kids to be nice to him or he'll put a curse on them or similar.

Of course and he is in a position (developmentally and emotionally) to decide how to process this just like an adult. He is also in a position to decide how he wants to be burned by his parents, paraded by his parents and address any issues that might present by other children and their parents in the light of this.
  • MudboxMudbox Posts: 10,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    burned by the sun.
  • Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    If the devil exists I'm sure he's a major shareholder in The Sun - in which case, won't they know about the veracity of the mother's claims? Must be true then. Hail Boyelzebub!

Or in the other scenario....shocking, disgusting, appalling, etc, etc.
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last week my five year old had what looked like massive hicky on his forehead, turned out he'd held the hoover hose to it..maybe I should run to the papers about it!
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    I doubt the boy held the hairdryer to his chest, I have a feeling the appalling mother did it herself. :(
    Surely any doctor or GP worth their salt would identify as a hairdryer burn and not some shite about Devil markings? :confused:
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As there is obviously no such thing as the devil the whole story is ridiculous. It's the sort of crap you'd expect in the Star or Daily Sport. Pathetic. And the mother looks like a fat Janine from Eastenders :o

*waits for a religious nut to say the devil is real *
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully The S*n will go bust through being fined for producing the illegal free copies that had no imprint.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Someone got paid to write that and it probably took like five minutes.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shackfan wrote: »
    As there is obviously no such thing as the devil the whole story is ridiculous. It's the sort of crap you'd expect in the Star or Daily Sport. Pathetic. And the mother looks like a fat Janine from Eastenders :o

The devil is real.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    The devil is real.

Of course 😉
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course 😉

I'm glad you agree.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad you agree.

Well I'm guessing you're joking anyway........ Though if you ARE a religious nut then maybe you actually believe the devil DOES exist :o
  • DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

My last boss believed that demons were real. I think I managed to convince him that ghosts aren't, but he clung to the idea of demons.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you know what the Devil's greatest trick was?
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mudbox wrote: »
    you know what the Devil's greatest trick was?

I do. ;-)
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't decide which paper is worse, the Mail or the Sun
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    they could combine and become Um Snail.
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The devil is real.

If you truly believe that and at the same time were making ignorant comments about science in the thread about dinosaur extinction then I am afraid words fail me.

Are you a creationist?

If you were joking I do apologise though. :D