[Game] The Mix Factor 4: Live Show #11 - The Grand Final

Comments

• EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alien Beat Club
    *Standing Ovation*

First of all thank you Donkeyboy for joining us and creating an amazing song with these guys. That was great and I loved your vocals in this song. You have come so far and this song represented how far you have come. I am just so impressed and I am sure your fans (Jack :p) was aswell. I wish you so much luck in the voting later on guys and I just want you to know that I love you and I have started listening to your music. Just incredible artists!!
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well guys, what a very clever combo for a duet performance. The song and the performance did remind me of the late 80's and everybody knows that I love nostalgia moments so credit to Niall for this one. It was a whole lot better as well and when you brought Donkeyboy on stage by halfway, it just got even better. Whatever happens, you have done a brilliant job. Well done on a terrific performance and song.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Thanks so much for coming to duet with ABC Donkeyboy. I understand what Niall is trying to do here and in one way it was a really interesting duet and I really enjoyed the song. The genre and performance really suited you guys. But I’m afraid it didn’t really work for me because your tone is really different to this, especially as you’re a mixed group with deep voices, especially the boys so it’s hard to imagine. The song has a bit of a vintage feel which is wonderful and makes my heart go all soft. But in terms of suitability, I’m a bit disappointed. I know your fans (ahem Jack) won’t be pleased with my comments but I do hope more people vote based off that wonderful first performance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alien Beat Club

It's really great to have Donkeyboy on stage doing a duet with you as in many ways they're very similar to you and the type of band that you would aspire to be like, so I think this duet worked really well in that respect. I felt that it let you show off all your individual vocal well as a group, and your merges with Donkeyboy were really great. This also had quite a retro vibe to it which is something different to what we usually see to you but I think it worked really well. I know you've had a fanbase carrying you through to the final and I really hope they continue to vote to take you through to the second part of the final as I've got some really brilliant songs lined up for you, and particularly want to show everyone your winners song!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the grand final but some of the judges seem intent on giving constructive criticism still. It's a good thing though, as it can help mentors improve. Anyway, good comments for Alien Beat Club once more, can our underdogs make it into the final two?

It's time for everyone's favourite girl group again folks! Singing Heartless together with A*M*E, it's Fifth Harmony!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5ti8L3g6N4
    Note: A*M*E will sing the rap bits, full arrangement below:
    Lauren: I can hear the beat of your bass, hear the beat of your bass
    Got me running excited
    Come on over, gimme a taste
    Come on, gimme a taste
    Yeah you set me on fire

Camilla: Turn the lights down low
    Won't you find me in the darkness?
    Be my Romeo
    Baby don't you be so heartless

All Fifth Harmony: 'Cos I've been counting down the hours on the clock waiting for you tonight
    Boy don't leave me lying here
    Slowly going out of my mind
    You don't know what you do, what you do when you turn up the light
    Don't you leave me in the darkness
    No don't you be so heartless

A*M*E: You got my heart running faster than Usain boy
    You got this hole that I just can't get out my brain boy
    You seem to light me up
    With you I always feel on top
    Yeah, you got my heart running faster than Usain boy

Dinah: Got me all excited
    Won't you find me in the darkness?
    Normani: And you elevate me higher
    Baby don't you be so heartless

Ally: 'Cos I've been counting down the hours on the clock waiting for you tonight
    All Fifth Harmony: Boy don't leave me lying here
    Slowly going out of my mind
    Fifth Harmony and A*M*E: You don't know what you do, what you do when you turn up the light

A*M*E: I know what I want and you seem right
    Playing hard to get, no it's not right
    All these girls, yeah they're after you
    All these girls, yeah, including me too
    Uhuh, you're above the rest
    Can't compare, yeah you are the best
    Be mine if I get them all
    Me and you - unforgettable...

Fifth Harmony and A*M*E: You don't know what you do, what you do when you turn up the light
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Back now :D

Fifth Harmony and A*M*E
    *Standing Ovation*

First off thanks for coming A*M*E. Girls I have had this song saved in case I ever mentor you, and that was just amazing. A great person to duet with and it suited you so well. Rap was great from A*M*E and all of your vocals together were just magnificent. I m just in love with you in and out of this competition. I just want you to know yet again that I really do love you and I wish you so much look int he voting ad I really hope you get in the final 2 because you truly deserve to be there!!!
    Forum Member
    *standing ovation*

Oh my god – I can’t believe I’m meeting AME here – hi! Play the Game Boy anyone? :D Sorry I couldn’t resist…:o I absolutely loved this track. I find the fact that she’s singing a song with you girls even more interesting. In terms of suitability, it’s perfect I think both the tone and genre are spot on. I think the rap is really refreshing because you girls haven’t done anything in the realms of hip hop yet. It’s a funky, catchy, energetic song and I think out of all three acts – you’re guaranteed a spot in the final two (mainly because of Penguin’s multiple voting :p). No, but seriously well done – I’ve enjoyed both performances. If last week was magical, this week would be pretty damn good!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fifth Harmony

I thought this performance was definitely something quite different to what you usually do, but I really wanted to give you lots of different types of performances to show why you deserve to win this final instead of just giving you four songs that are all pretty much the same, which would be pretty dull. I thought your particular vocals sounded great on this song, and it was brilliant having A*M*E duet with you, who I must say made a great addition! The rapping in particular helped to add an extra dimension to the performance - could we see A*M*E becoming the sixth member, and Fifth Harmony becoming Sixth Harmony? Anyway, another great performance and I hope you've showed people why you really deserve to make the next part of the final, as I've got some brilliant last performances for you and it would be devastating if I wasn't able to use them!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Standing Ovation*

Ahhh, I've heard of this song being used before which was on Voice Factor 2 Live Show 1 (not sure how Jack will feel about that, lol.). But nonetheless, it was a great upbeat song and with you girls, you know how to pull it off with your uptempo style. But with A*M*E added in the mix, wow sparks were flying! That's also the second time you've been able to get me dancing in my chair, so I have a really great feeling about you five. I hope you do very well with the votes tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great comments for Fifth Harmony once again, are they well on their way to the title of Mix Factor Champions?

We have one more duet to listen to before the lines open. Please welcome the amazing Marie Digby duetting on The First Picture of Earth with the equally amazing Bella Ferraro!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9Ym0q8UHS0
    Staging: Imagine a forest (i.e. dancers dressed in leaves), and lots of fog (dry ice) on stage and a giant staircase leading to the back of the stage, and Bella slowly descending down it.
    Bella: Ooh
    Air feels cold but warm on the asphalt
    Watching a moth circle a flame
    I lay my rose on grandfather’s coffin
    There etched in stone I saw my name

The Forest (dancers) start to move.

Bella + a mysterious voice: Like the first picture of
    Bella (by herself): earth
    Bella + mysterious voice: Like the first picture of earth

Bella introduces Marie Digby to the audiences and Marie slowly descends down the stair

Marie: Born the same, taught to be enemies
    If you call that love
    I don’t believe
    Marie + Bella: Heads bowed down,
    kneeled with their eyes closed
    One fix on the sun
    Marie: trying to get in
    Marie + Bella: Like the first picture of earth
    Like the first picture of earth

Marie + Bella harmonize together while the forest dancers all move up the stairs, leaving Bella and Marie by themselves.

Marie + Bella (Bella does higher harmonies): Like the first picture of earth
    Like the first picture of earth
    Bella: Like the first picture of earth
    Marie: Like the first picture of earth
    Forum Member
    Bella and Marie
    *Standing Ovation*

First, thank you so much for coming and performing Marie. You were amazing. Bella that really was just incredible. It was haunting, and I just loved your vocals in that performance because combined with Marie it was magnificent and just. I have no words Bella. I really don`t know how I am going to vote tonight because all of you ave been amazing. I just want you to know that you are amazing, and if you don`t get in the final 2 you will do great anyway. All I can say is good luck my beaut!!!
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the comments! Back now so can post my comment for Bella :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bella Ferraro

Roxie must have a never ending repertoire of quirky girl songs with all these great songs for you Bella :eek: Anyway, I thought this was once again a really great performance, the song itself had a really epic quality to it which was really nice and made for a really engaging performance. It was a really great choice to have Marie Digby duet with Bella as well as I think they're really similar as both artists and singers, and their voices merged really well. Another great performance from you Bella, and even though you're now in direct competition with my groups, I wish you the best of luck in the voting!
    Forum Member
    *standing ovation + cries*

Thank you so much to Marie for taking the time to duet with Bella. Wasn’t that just incredible? This song is magical. It’s got this wonderful ethereal quality. Your voice is the story-telling type and with this song, it’s kind that can really send you to another world. It’s also got those spine-tingling minor runs and suits Bella’s tone – both the highs and lows. I said at the beginning of this competition that I never really understood what the fuss was about XF Oz’s Bella and that it was all about Angel Tupai, but I’ve come to a realisation throughout this competition that I really love your voice, it’s so mystical and beautiful. I get it. You’re absolutely terrific. Oh I'm getting all mushed up again...:cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Standing Ovation*

Oh my word...that for me has to be the performance of the Series! The first part with you was a magical moment, but when Marie came on stage to join you, I felt like I was watching a movie with haunting voices and ambiances being heard. This was absolute top class I was seeing here. After this performance, I am coming out as your biggest fan as I have always been since the beginning. You NEED to be in the final two...oh and #TeamBella! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Incredible comments for Bella, what an amazing performance too! Could this quirky Australian girl be the winner of The Mix Factor's fourth series?

The summary post for part one of the final should be up soon. :)
    Forum Member
    I cannot call this at all tonight. Think it will be really close!!! :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same here, although there are many kinds of "close" as I have witnessed whilst hosting several games.
    Forum Member
    I know and thanks Soppy. At least I have one fan on Team Bella now! :D (Jack's on ABC and Pingu's on Fifth Harmony).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All right, you've seen the three flawless Mix Factor finalists perform two of their four songs now. Unfortunately, we've come at the point where we are going to have to say goodbye to one of them. Who's going to decide which act ends up in 3rd place? I'm afraid that task lies entirely with you, the DS public. By voting for your favourite, you can make sure that they will sing their other songs and possibly win the competition.

Here's a reminder of the performances so far:
    Favourite Theme
    Alien Beat Club - Up Up Up by Givers [Lost In Space]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0vzHSPmTfE
    Note: Up Up Up is the general direction you to need to go in to get to space!

Fifth Harmony - Glowing by Nikki Williams
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lES1SB9SqQw

Bella Ferraro - Child by Natalie Holmes [Summer Songs]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFsWsvPFc9Q
    Note: Song was released on 18th August 2013 according to iTunes and YouTube.

Celebrity Duet
    Alien Beat Club - Ambitions with Donkeyboy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8ek0Q24-oE [/B]
    Note: Please try and imagine the male vocal part for ABC not being as high as in this video! Full arrangement can be found here.

Fifth Harmony - Heartless with A*M*E
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5ti8L3g6N4[/B]
    Note: A*M*E will sing the rap bits, full arrangement can be found here.

Bella Ferraro - The First Picture of Earth with Marie Digby
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9Ym0q8UHS0
    Note: Staging and arrangement can be found here.
    To VOTE, please rank all the acts that have performed tonight from 3 down to to 1, assigning 3 points to your favourite act, down to 1 point for your least favorite act. Mentors can vote as well, and they are also allowed (and encouraged) to vote for their own acts. Just send me your rankings in a PM and I will add them to the scoreboard.

The lines will remain open until 19:45
    , which is when they will be frozen. After I have announced which act has finished in 3rd place, the final will continue. You only have 35 minutes to vote for this part, so be quick about it! I might extend the voting window if I don't get enough votes though, so keep checking the thread.

As always, feel free to discuss this amazing final or the series in general on this thread with me and the judges. :)
    Forum Member
    You have my votes Rick :)

Oh and Rick, have you done the chance factor page fully yet? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking at the comments and using my mathematical brain, I can just about picture how the top 3 rankings are looking right now.

I know, I'm such a geek, aren't I? :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually don't know how I'm going to vote :eek: I'll wait a bit then decide :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    Looking at the comments and using my mathematical brain, I can just about picture how the top 3 rankings are looking right now.

I know, I'm such a geek, aren't I? :p

Too bad there's already a public vote that has changed the scoreboard from what you think it is. :p
    Forum Member
    _NiallDEE_ wrote: »
    I actually don't know how I'm going to vote :eek: I'll wait a bit then decide :p

You can always sideline your groups and give Bella a 3. :D