Raquelos. wrote: »
    What do I win? :-)

Me for a week. Bad luck :)
  • vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wns_195 wrote: »
    Of course I'm not.

Do you believe that women should have more rights or less then? Be 'elpful. Innit, blood.
  • Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    vosne wrote: »
    Me for a week. Bad luck :)

Lol whoo whoo :-D

Nice to see you back by the way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wns_195 wrote: »
    Of course I'm not.

So you believe men should have more rights than women?

That makes you a patriarch and sexist.
  • fleabeefleabee Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doop wrote: »

Or they could believe that women deserve more rights, and they are a matriarch and sexist.

But I expect you're right :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member

What rights do men have that women don't?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol whoo whoo :-D

Nice to see you back by the way.

Ta *curtseyflail*
  • batgirlbatgirl Posts: 42,248
    Forum Member
    spotty_cat wrote: »
    I would say yes but it's impossible for women to do some jobs as well as a man, eg: jobs involving strength.

I think it's about equality of opportunity, not equality of outcome. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fleabee wrote: »
    Or they could believe that women deserve more rights, and they are a matriarch and sexist.

But I expect you're right :p

Yep, I`m pretty sure I`m right, though often wonder how men would feel if the tables were reversed and we lived in a matriarchal society instead of a patriarchal one.

It comes down to power and privilege with many men they just don`t want their authority or positions to be challenged they want control over women its as simple as that.
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Meilie wrote: »

Not many in the UK.
    I wouldn't expect an 8 month pregnant man to do that either. The preventing factor is pregnancy not gender.

Ridiculous post. How about talking about the art of the possible. Last time I looked very few men have managed to get pregnant.
    fleabee wrote: »
    Of course. Only a complete idiot would vote no and think that men and women are not equal.

Both genders may have equal opportunity, but we are not equal in the way we think, i.e. how the brain works differently between the sexes.

And men are definitely not equal to women in terms of sexual pleasure generally speaking. An average woman has more erogenous zones than your average bloke.
  • Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    There needs to be a yes and no choice on this poll.

I am a feminist in as much as I obviously think women should have equality regarding voting, pay (if the do exactly the same job) etc. That should go without saying in this day and age.

However, I am not a feminist who believes women can do all a man can do and probably better.

Both sexes have strengths and weaknesses and those with any common sense play to those strengths, regardless of gender.

When I hear women saying they wouldn't let a man change a tyre because they can do it just as well, it makes my blood boil! Most of us struggle when a lid on a jar is firmly in place, so how the hell are we supposed to be able to tighten the nuts on a tyre as well as a man can? And that's if we've managed to get them off in the first place!!!! 😄
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meilie wrote: »

Wages is still the main one.
    Jobs themselves are getting better, the Royal Navy are now converting submarines to let women work on them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jra wrote: »

And men are definitely not equal to women in terms of sexual pleasure generally speaking. An average woman has more erogenous zones than your average bloke.

You managed to get a sexual reference into this thread. Well done.
    Forum Member
    Two different questions there.

Do I think all people should be treated equally, of course. Do I want to have anything to do with humourless swivel-eyed feminists, no.

I'm with you 100%😊
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Safi74 wrote: »

I am a feminist in as much as I obviously think women should have equality regarding voting, pay (if the do exactly the same job) etc. That should go without saying in this day and age.

However, I am not a feminist who believes women can do all a man can do and probably better.

Both sexes have strengths and weaknesses and those with any common sense play to those strengths, regardless of gender. A

When I hear women saying they wouldn't let a man change a tyre because they can do it just as well, it makes my blood boil! Most of us struggle when a lid on a jar is firmly in place, so how the hell are we supposed to be able to tighten the nuts on a tyre as well as a man can? And that's if we've managed to get them off in the first place!!!! 😄

I'm pretty sure a car tyre has been changed by an average strength woman at some point in history somewhere on planet Earth. My Mum for example. Ergo, your post is cobblers - other than referring to your own physical abilities of course.
  • Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ridiculous post. How about talking about the art of the possible. Last time I looked very few men have managed to get pregnant.

It's a ridiculous concept but what she is saying is that it is not the gender that is getting in the way in that example but the pregnancy. It makes sense, even if not in a literal way.

... What has this got to do with anything?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone has different skills, gender should never matter. My OH is shit at DIY, anything that involves construction or mechanics, I do. However he is a better cook, and does the ironing better than me. But if he or I was to say that those roles I've said were fixed to one gender, we'd be arseholes. Thankfully we are not :D
  • AllyourKittyAllyourKitty Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I`m not quite fond of patriarchs or their supporters for that matter.

Here we go! Man the barricades it's gender wars, down with the Patriarchy!
    Forum Member

Oh dear, the clue to the point I was making is in the second sentence.

Last time I looked most women aren't 8 months pregnant.
    Forum Member
    Bex_123 wrote: »
    It's a ridiculous concept but what she is saying is that it is not the gender that is getting in the way in that example but the pregnancy. It makes sense, even if not in a literal way.

Precisely :-)

My mistake though I didn't take into account the DS overliteral contingent
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not especially.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Safi74 wrote: »

Both sexes have strengths and weaknesses and those with any common sense play to those strengths, regardless of gender.

Agreed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here we go! Man the barricades it's gender wars, down with the Patriarchy!

There should be no gender wars, this is purely about women having equal rights and equal power balance in society and gender roles being more fluid instead of one gender trying to outdo the other.
    Forum Member
    vosne wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure a car tyre has been changed by an average strength woman at some point in history somewhere on planet Earth. My Mum for example. Ergo, your post is cobblers - other than referring to your own physical abilities of course.

Did I say women can't do it? No. What is wrong with accepting both sexes have different strengths and weaknesses? I know I'd much rather travel on tyres done up by a man than a woman. Even better if they were done up by a machine as it would be stronger still than a man.

Just an aside, why did you have to be so rude in your reply? Disagree, that's fine. After all, isn't discussion what we are all here for? DS would be pretty boring without it. But resorting to insults, that just weakens your argument and is unnecessary.