Options

What number does a SKY box dial?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    RTD wrote: »
    I don't wish to be pedantic but the calls to Sky 08442 are only free after 6pm and weekends, unless you have paid £5.00 per month for Sky Talk Freetime.

Apparently you can call 151 to the Sky Centre for free at any time (from a Sky Talk phone), but I have not been able to confirm this.

I've not heard the 151 thing before, but it's amazing how many people who actually work at Sky swear blind it's free to call from sky talk no matter what time of the day, even if you're on the free (freetime) package.
  • Options
    HeinzHeinz Posts: 7,210
    Forum Member
    I know we're totally off-topic here but, YES : ALL calls, even to 4-digit service numbers, are listed on my bills along with their geographical location . . .

e.g. Callback calls to Sky are listed as "National FreeFone", when I call my bank it's listed as "Dublin FreeFone", when I call to check my Credit Card balance it's listed as "Midlands FreeFone" - all three are 1-800 numbers.
    Ireland is clearly different but Freephone numbers should not be itemised on UK bills - the reason is to protect children who have used Childline's freephone number.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    TSx wrote: »
    I've not heard the 151 thing before, but it's amazing how many people who actually work at Sky swear blind it's free to call from sky talk no matter what time of the day, even if you're on the free (freetime) package.

I was caught out by Sky telling me it was free to ring them with Sky Talk during the day, I only found out when I got my bill.

I have dialled 151 to see what happens as far as charging goes.
  • Options
    StuartPlymouthStuartPlymouth Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heinz wrote: »
    Ireland is clearly different but Freephone numbers should not be itemised on UK bills - the reason is to protect children who have used Childline's freephone number.
    In the UK you can ask for all calls to be listed on an itemised bill, regardless of whether they are charged or not.

I've always used this facility with many different service providers, so I can assure you that there is no rule preventing it which involves ChildLine or anything else! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,518
    Forum Member
    In the UK you can ask for all calls to be listed on an itemised bill, regardless of whether they are charged or not.

I've always used this facility with many different service providers, so I can assure you that there is no rule preventing it which involves ChildLine or anything else! :rolleyes:

And have you ever seen a ChildLine call on your bill? - because as stated they don't appear for obvious reasons, even if other 0800 numbers do.
  • Options
    StuartPlymouthStuartPlymouth Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And have you ever seen a ChildLine call on your bill? - because as stated they don't appear for obvious reasons, even if other 0800 numbers do.
    As there are no children in the house, there would be no reason for it to appear on my bill.

However, Heinz mentioned that no free calls were shown on UK bills, and citing ChildLine as the reason.

His statement was wrong.