Options

Brandon flowers - sold out in minutes

Comments

• Options
    Hutchy_MuseHutchy_Muse Posts: 7,087
    Forum Member
    GreenOpal wrote: »
    There's the train though, I've travelled by train from Dublin to Belfast.

From late night?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,262
    Forum Member
    Phil, thanks for that. Was an interesting read. Must have taken ages to write! One thing I don't understand though is how can ticket touts sell tickets before they have even arrived? I would never, ever buy from a ticket tout. I'm too wary.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MJ_lives wrote: »
    Phil, thanks for that. Was an interesting read. Must have taken ages to write! One thing I don't understand though is how can ticket touts sell tickets before they have even arrived? I would never, ever buy from a ticket tout. I'm too wary.

They sell the tickets to you - as in, you hand over your money. But of course they can only send you the ticket once they have it, which may be months later, which makes it even more risky.

I heard a story of a girl who bought a ticket off ebay months before the gig. She was really excited that she was able to go. However, about a week before the event she had still not recieved her ticket. Her mum contacted the seller to ask about the tickets, only to find out that he had completely forgotten about them and had sold the tickets privately to someone else. They might have got a refund, but its the fact that the girl had been looking forward to this gig for months, and was suddenly told that she couldnt go a week beforehand.

So yeah, I try and stick to Ticketmaster/seetickets etc. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's the train though, I've travelled by train from Dublin to Belfast.

The train is awful. And the football final is on that weekend, it'll be packed trying to get anywhere near Dublin.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    neon tiger wrote: »
    The train is awful. And the football final is on that weekend, it'll be packed trying to get anywhere near Dublin.

If it was a choice between going on an awful train or not going at all, I'd choose the train everytime....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it was a choice between going on an awful train or not going at all, I'd choose the train everytime....

I would too, but I would have to stay overnight and I can't afford that. I should mention that I'm 15 :p
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well Brandon Flowers will be on Alan Carr: Chatty Man tonight performing so we can finally get to see what he's like live as a solo artist and which Killers members will be alongside him performing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Well Brandon Flowers will be on Alan Carr: Chatty Man tonight performing so we can finally get to see what he's like live as a solo artist and which Killers members will be alongside him performing.

And we'll also see how hard it is for Alan to refrain himself from jumping on that sexy motherbitch ;)

It'll be a hard task.

But it's going to be one of his best shows, methinkg. Alan Carr, Katy Perry AND Paul O'Grady?! I'm killed.
  • Options
    CoenCoen Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member

I don't think any of the other members of The Killers are involved in his tour, the backing band he's touring with are apparently current or former members of a band called Ambulance Ltd that The Killers toured with when they were first starting out.
  • Options
    marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What did everyone think of his performance on alan carr?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    marc822 wrote: »
    What did everyone think of his performance on alan carr?

Enjoyed it but I think he needs to lose the backing singers.

BTW are people wanting London tickets aware that a second date has been added for October 19th?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    Got two tickets (unreserved seating/standing on the upper balcony) for myself and the girlfriend to go see him at Leeds O2 Academy. Should be a great night. I was also pleasantly surprised by the 22.50 price tag (not incl. service charge etc.). I thought it would have been a slightly higher base price but, hey, I'm not goint to complain anytime soon :D

Just gotta learn all the songs now before the gig for my karaoke performance to the rest of the audience haha!
  • Options
    TommyGavin76TommyGavin76 Posts: 17,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got two tickets (unreserved seating/standing on the upper balcony) for myself and the girlfriend to go see him at Leeds O2 Academy. Should be a great night. I was also pleasantly surprised by the 22.50 price tag (not incl. service charge etc.). I thought it would have been a slightly higher base price but, hey, I'm not goint to complain anytime soon :D

Just gotta learn all the songs now before the gig for my karaoke performance to the rest of the audience haha!

It shows what's happened to gig ticket prices that we're grateful to pay less than £30.
  • Options
    jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    Managed to get my 2 tickets for Manchester Academy at about 8.58, luckily. Would have been absolutely gutted had I not managed it; am actually quite surprised at how quickly they sold out.

Why were you surprised?Its ticket touts that buy them in huge numbers as soon as they are available.They then turn up on ebay
  • Options
    astoundedastounded Posts: 2,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really do like the first single off of his new album. One of the best songs I've heard in a while.
  • Options
    wildmovieguywildmovieguy Posts: 8,342
    Forum Member
    I am excited to go just because it will be a unique experience, his first solo album and the first tour from it.

I do have one other ticket and if i can't find anyone to go with i will be selling a special Brandon Flowers ticket package. That includes the ticket, the CD album, an A4 sized paper photo of Brandon and a 10 minute meet and greet with me prior to the show all for £80.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    It shows what's happened to gig ticket prices that we're grateful to pay less than £30.

Indeed! Nowadays I wouldn't be surprised to pay £30/£40+ for a ticket that only has a half decent view :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    I had tix to see him at relentless garage on wednesday night and he was absolutley amazing. The crowd were singing and dancing and brandon looked genuinely pleased, his vocals were spot on and after a few listens to the album I can honestly say that its amazing.:):)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got my London tickets in the presale, I'm glad there was one because I wouldn't have been able to get online at the normale release time.
  • Options
    wildmovieguywildmovieguy Posts: 8,342
    Forum Member
    Do you think it will be hard to meet him afterwards?
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know who the support act is for Brandon Flowers UK tour?
  • Options
    marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think you will get to meet him. but if anyone knows what hotel he will be staying in please let me know.
  • Options
    Nicola37Nicola37 Posts: 2,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know who the support act is for Brandon Flowers UK tour?

It's a US band called Transfer.
    You can check them out on their website http://transferband.com/

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    marc822 wrote: »
    I dont think you will get to meet him. but if anyone knows what hotel he will be staying in please let me know.

Oh my god leave the poor guy alone! He is human as well you know!
  • Options
    If_U_Seek_AmyIf_U_Seek_Amy Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MJ_lives wrote: »
    Oh my god leave the poor guy alone! He is human as well you know!

And he seems like a very private person...he comes across as very shy until he's on stage!