Options

Lesher Haughton

jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Really looking forward to seeing this young lady this evening. She has a great voice.

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lesher was the star of the night without doubt, and especially as she has so little experience. Hope we see much more of her.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked HER a lot (seemed quite shy and sweet) but wasn't keen on her voice - she was trying too hard and often sounded squeaky, shrieky, screechy.

Over-praised. Not my cup of tea. Preferred Celestine and Laverne.
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was screechy agreed. Potential but run of the mill and shouty at times
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which one was Lesher?
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1fab wrote: »
    Which one was Lesher?

Iesha, quite young, works at her local cinema, had a Whitney Houston look going on.
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    Iesha, quite young, works at her local cinema, had a Whitney Houston look going on.

Oh, yes - I liked her, but her voice was a bit high for my liking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Celestine is a class act, and has been on our screens before as she won the BBC talent show 'Star for a night' about 12 years ago singing 'Feeling good' and i thought she was going to be a real star then.
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Celestine is a class act, and has been on our screens before as she won the BBC talent show 'Star for a night' about 12 years ago singing 'Feeling good' and i thought she was going to be a real star then.

Obviously not that brilliant if 12 years later she's still hawking herself on talent shows
  • Options
    ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    Look, there are more talent shows than you can feasibly shake an armful of sticks at these days. Who hasn't won one?

Yes, they can all sing. But Adele is a very good example. She can sing AND even a tone-deaf wombat could identify her straight away as...Adele! Who amongst this lot has a distinctive voice? A REALLY distinctive voice? Yes, one or other will win but that's not worth a brass farthing. Just ask Leanne Mitchell.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Obviously not that brilliant if 12 years later she's still hawking herself on talent shows

There are many good artists that dont make it the first time around, and she is already doing very well anyway.
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    Look, there are more talent shows than you can feasibly shake an armful of sticks at these days. Who hasn't won one?

Yes, they can all sing. But Adele is a very good example. She can sing AND even a tone-deaf wombat could identify her straight away as...Adele! Who amongst this lot has a distinctive voice? A REALLY distinctive voice? Yes, one or other will win but that's not worth a brass farthing. Just ask Leanne Mitchell.

this

only act that has stood out at all so far imo has been anna mcluckie and I am still to be convinced by her

there have been a few others that have reasonable voices but there are 100s if not 1000s of acts singing in clubs all over the country as good if not better

its a little disturbing how some FMs get carried away and start proclaiming nothing more than above average karaoke singers as some sort of special talents
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As with anything it is all about personal taste at the end of the day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As with anything it is all about personal taste at the end of the day.

this isn't about taste tbh , its about people bigging up average singers , and given the breadth of music knowledge you say you have, you must realise that most of these acts are nothing more than run of the mill and have very little star quality if any
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course there are many artists up and down the country that are as good and sometimes better than some you see on this show, and X Factor. I also listen to radio stations such as Solar radio and Colourful where you hear many very good artists that never have chance to get heard. It's just that the 48 or so that we see on here have been fortunate enough to get picked out of thousands of entries.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    -Sid- wrote: »
    I liked HER a lot (seemed quite shy and sweet) but wasn't keen on her voice - she was trying too hard and often sounded squeaky, shrieky, screechy.

Over-praised. Not my cup of tea. Preferred Celestine and Laverne.
    Once again, I find myself agreeing with you, Sid. After hearing Sam Bailey singing the same song in The X Factor, I was unimpressed with this girl's version. I really don't like those very high, squeaky voices. I prefer a voice with a bit more substance and a kinder (to the ears) tone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some bookis have Iesher as favourite to win. Still lots of contestants to see yet though. I think that she will do well.
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    its a little disturbing how some FMs get carried away and start proclaiming nothing more than above average karaoke singers as some sort of special talents

I'm interested...which singers and which FMs do you have in mind here?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wazzyboy wrote: »
    I'm interested...which singers and which FMs do you have in mind here?

it was a general observation having been active on this forum and the XF forum over the last couple of years
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it was a general observation having been active on this forum and the XF forum over the last couple of years

I've be been active in this one but not XF as I don' t watch that.

My understanding broadly is that XF is known for including many " joke acts" whose vocal ability is limited, I haven' t seen too much of that on The Voice?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wazzyboy wrote: »
    I've be been active in this one but not XF as I don' t watch that.

My understanding broadly is that XF is known for including many " joke acts" whose vocal ability is limited, I haven' t seen too much of that on The Voice?

tbh the overall quality once we get to the final stages isn't too different , the auditions are generally a higher standard on the voice tho I think
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tbh the overall quality once we get to the final stages isn't too different , the auditions are generally a higher standard on the voice tho I think

That is why i much prefer The Voice to X Factor as the overall standard is better from start to finish of the series, and there is a better diversity of genres of music as well.
  • Options
    FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iesher is my favourite so far