Options

The Bill (Drama Pace)

Comments

• Options
    Bonesy84Bonesy84 Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    I thought some of them where in the wrong aspect ratio from what I read somewhere else :confused:
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Huw Higginson aka George Garfield turned as a prisoner in an episode of Da Vinci's Demons a couple of weeks ago
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched Behind Enemy Lines earlier - a solid enough episode. I enjoyed seeing Chandler and Conway working together, and Kate is turning into a good character. I liked seeing Mickey's concern for her.

The scenes of the raid lacked tension though and I thought the episode dragged a little bit. I think the episode could have been condensed down to an hour quite easily.
  • Options
    PsychoTherapistPsychoTherapist Posts: 2,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see the episodes are back at their near-uncut levels, albeit shorter running. Less than 30 seconds being removed now.
  • Options
    sweetazkandisweetazkandi Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I take it back. I amrgoriyghkt enjoying thesatesr eps altgought other than Chandler, Spears and McAllister I don't like the new characters :) is this the lead up to the Polly and Dave affair?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I see the episodes are back at their near-uncut levels, albeit shorter running. Less than 30 seconds being removed now.

nice one for the update :)
  • Options
    allthingsukallthingsuk Posts: 6,035
    Forum Member
    Surprisingly, I've been enjoying these post-Don Beech episodes a lot. But also surprisingly, I prefer the CID episodes to the Uniform episodes, whereas before the Don Beech scandal, it was the reverse and some of the CID episodes were rubbish.

The dynamic between Meadows/Lennox/Cullen/Chandler is fascinating, Mickey/Kate Spears make a good team, and Debbie is showing potential. Vik Singh and Paul Riley are a bit rubbish. I really like Cullen though...very understated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really not liking Debbie McAllister.... far too arrogant and up herself
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    is this the lead up to the Polly and Dave affair?

It starts tomorrow
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bonesy84 wrote: »
    nice one for the update :)

Although after saying that, today's episode had over 1 minute and a half missing, lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Although after saying that, today's episode had over 1 minute and a half missing, lol.

oh drama like messing with these episodes don't they :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anyone know how far off the Britanniamania episodes we are now :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know how far off the Britanniamania episodes we are now :confused:

They were originally broadcast in August 2001 starting with episode 1616

Tomorrow's episode The Night Before was shown in December 2000 and is episode 1559

So there's a gap of 57 episode, at 5 episodes a week the Britanniamania won't be on for just over another 11 weeks (round about the end of July)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    They were originally broadcast in August 2001 starting with episode 1616

Tomorrow's episode The Night Before was shown in December 2000 and is episode 1559

So there's a gap of 57 episode, at 5 episodes a week the Britanniamania won't be on for just over another 11 weeks (round about the end of July)

OK thanks for that :)
  • Options
    darrenh2011darrenh2011 Posts: 2,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh drama like messing with these episodes don't they :p

take out the break bumpers that are on the dvds and your pretty much bang on
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    take out the break bumpers that are on the dvds and your pretty much bang on

Minus about 30 seconds, on average. Or as was the case with "Bad for your Health, Part 2" - over 1 minute 40 seconds cut out. I took the break bumpers into account when I calculated how much was cut.
  • Options
    darrenh2011darrenh2011 Posts: 2,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can someone take a look at the episode from Series 16 - No Mans Land i'm playing back a recording from Drama and it doesn't seem to have any closing credits can anyone tell me if the dvd is the same please
  • Options
    Forum Member
    can someone take a look at the episode from Series 16 - No Mans Land i'm playing back a recording from Drama and it doesn't seem to have any closing credits can anyone tell me if the dvd is the same please

I think that was commented on at the time in this thread I seem to remember it ending abruptly
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just catching up on my recordings this weekend - I just watched Sorted. I think this episode is brilliant. Nick Klein is a really good, believable character, and I think the actor playing him is very strong. I really enjoyed the storyline with him trying to balance the professional with his spare time.

Cryer is on top form in this episode too - loved his scenes with Nick and the antagonism between him and Debbie. The battle between the old fashioned way of policing versus modern pro active policing is really starting to emerge now with Chandler in charge, and I'm loving the tension.

Nice to see the Don Beech scandal still looming over the station as well, with Conway warning Cryer to keep a close eye on his troops. Sometimes The Bill can quickly move on from certain plots, but the Don scandal is still having an effect on the station which is good to see.
  • Options
    Ken TunKen Tun Posts: 1,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They don't always get it right. On Thursday (noon) we had Nick Klein in a hospital bed having been knocking at death's door following a traffic accident, yet on Friday he was out and about on duty, organising a Christmas disco without a bruise in sight and no mention made of his recent traumas. And yes, I checked the episodes were consecutive on original broadcast.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched Behind Enemy Lines earlier - a solid enough episode. I enjoyed seeing Chandler and Conway working together, and Kate is turning into a good character. I liked seeing Mickey's concern for her.

The scenes of the raid lacked tension though and I thought the episode dragged a little bit. I think the episode could have been condensed down to an hour quite easily.

Just watched that one also, Dwight was Jasons dad from Corrie :D

Anyone have any problems with the Carnival one ?, as it went back near the end for me, when Danny Glaze was taken onto the roof, and the shot rang out from the copper, it jumped back to when Gary knocked on the door, and continued to the finish :p
  • Options
    Ken TunKen Tun Posts: 1,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't know about the DVD but the credits were cut on Drama because the next episode "Time To Kill" was being omitted for some reason and the credits would have included 'coming next...' probably leading to more enquiries and complaints.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ken Tun wrote: »
    They don't always get it right. On Thursday (noon) we had Nick Klein in a hospital bed having been knocking at death's door following a traffic accident, yet on Friday he was out and about on duty, organising a Christmas disco without a bruise in sight and no mention made of his recent traumas. And yes, I checked the episodes were consecutive on original broadcast.

It doesn't neccessarily follow that the events of the second episode took place immediately after those of the first one
  • Options
    allthingsukallthingsuk Posts: 6,035
    Forum Member
    Just catching up on my recordings this weekend - I just watched Sorted. I think this episode is brilliant. Nick Klein is a really good, believable character, and I think the actor playing him is very strong. I really enjoyed the storyline with him trying to balance the professional with his spare time.

Cryer is on top form in this episode too - loved his scenes with Nick and the antagonism between him and Debbie. The battle between the old fashioned way of policing versus modern pro active policing is really starting to emerge now with Chandler in charge, and I'm loving the tension.

Nice to see the Don Beech scandal still looming over the station as well, with Conway warning Cryer to keep a close eye on his troops. Sometimes The Bill can quickly move on from certain plots, but the Don scandal is still having an effect on the station which is good to see.

Agree completely. I like the very different tone TB took on after Don Beech...it is a little bit darker and grittier than it used to be, but there's still a couple of doses of humour. The conflict between Chandler and Conway/Meadows/Monroe/Cryer is excellent to watch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree completely. I like the very different tone TB took on after Don Beech...it is a little bit darker and grittier than it used to be, but there's still a couple of doses of humour. The conflict between Chandler and Conway/Meadows/Monroe/Cryer is excellent to watch.

The episode, Two Way Burn is a perfect example of how dark and gritty The Bill can be. I watched this episode this afternoon and it's absolutely brilliant. The story is so tragic, but the writing and acting is very strong. I love Mickey and Kate as a team.

The Bill really is on strong form in this period. The episodes have maintained an extremely high standard post Beech.