Options

The Bill (Drama Pace)

Comments

• Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The episode, Two Way Burn is a perfect example of how dark and gritty The Bill can be. I watched this episode this afternoon and it's absolutely brilliant. The story is so tragic, but the writing and acting is very strong. I love Mickey and Kate as a team.

The Bill really is on strong form in this period. The episodes have maintained an extremely high standard post Beech.

Yeah i really enjoyed that one.
  • Options
    Sam_Williams1Sam_Williams1 Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    Ahhhhh The Bill takes me back, absolutely loved it, mainly for the ladies! Especially Vicky Hagen and Beth Cordingly's Character?

Some great storylines and episodes. In particular the serial killer storyline, and the sun hill fire. Great TV!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vicky Hagans a babe :blush:
  • Options
    darrenh2011darrenh2011 Posts: 2,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Series 17 starts tomorrow

DRAMA: The Bill
    On: Drama (166)
    Date: Wednesday 28th May 2014 (starting tomorrow afternoon)
    Time: 12:00 to 13:00 (1 hour long)

Appropriate Action.
    There's friction at Sun Hill when Cryer is more concerned than Webb about a missing girl. Cryer begins to uncover the truth, but will he get a result in time?
    (Widescreen, Subtitles, 4 Star)

Starring: Eric Richard, John McArdle, Matt Healy, Alex Walkinshaw, Jane Wall, Chris Simmons
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Garfields got a stint in Home and Away as a Doctor for the London episodes, he turned up today :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you can see at the start of series 17 Cryer is looking out of place among the young ones and his days were numbered from here
  • Options
    Bonesy84Bonesy84 Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    you can see at the start of series 17 Cryer is looking out of place among the young ones and his days were numbered from here

Yeah i noticed that coming up to the end of an era
  • Options
    highlander1969highlander1969 Posts: 6,832
    Forum Member
    Bonesy84 wrote: »
    Yeah i noticed that coming up to the end of an era

Yep, the seeds were being sown for 'Uncle' Bob's eventual departure from the series.

Still not warming to Riley and Singh and I could never make up my mind if I ever liked Cullen! :confused:

Great to see Kate Spears giving it the Lily Allen look a few years before Lily Allen was invented!! :D ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    good episode on today found it very strange they left in some of the stuff like perverts poofs and benders in it without censoring it as the "next time on the bill" had the bender line censored
  • Options
    Forum Member
    good episode on today found it very strange they left in some of the stuff like perverts poofs and benders in it without censoring it as the "next time on the bill" had the bender line censored

I'm playing catch up. I'm a couple of episodes behind. The edits are all over the place with Drama and also Watch.
    The episode 'Denial' (Watch) edited out a scene with Jim Carver confronting dodgy wife beater DC Facer when he was brought to Sunhill. It was a good scene and gave an added insight to Jim's downward spiral to alcoholism.
    It would be good to see the repeats unedited.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the Drama episodes are back to being 44 minutes
  • Options
    PsychoTherapistPsychoTherapist Posts: 2,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the Drama episodes are back to being 44 minutes

Don't worry, for some reason "PC Smith" was a shorter episode anyway, at 44 minutes there's probably only about 20 seconds missing from it.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Michele Austin who appeared in today's episode and the three subsequent ones later returned in 2003 as PC Yvonne Hemmingway
  • Options
    iGeek2014iGeek2014 Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been watching The Bill over on Watch HD but we're over a "series" behind so I think I'll be investing in Drama for hereon in.

I must admit now Law & Order: UK is being rested by ITV I live in the (vain) hope it's brought back... Watching these older episodes show how top notch it was in the late 1990s.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    iGeek2014 wrote: »
    I've been watching The Bill over on Watch HD but we're over a "series" behind so I think I'll be investing in Drama for hereon in.

Don't give up on the Watch episodes. You'd miss the end of the Jim Carver alcohol storyline. It's well worth sticking with.
    Watch are a good few months behind the Drama episodes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    judging by where the cuts are in this episode is this another 44 minute episode ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Don't give up on the Watch episodes. You'd miss the end of the Jim Carver alcohol storyline. It's well worth sticking with.
    Watch are a good few months behind the Drama episodes.

I'm watching on Watch as well, i'm waiting for Eddie Santini's trial. I'm enjoying Jim Carver's storylines though, the bit where they put a drunk Jim into the back of a police van to sober up, and the van goes to a call at a pub, when they open up the back and a drunk Jim gets out and goes straight into the pub, really had me laughing, brilliant stuff, plus the actor playing Jim really portrays him really well.

I liked The Bill back then but i wasnt a die hard fan, yet here i am 15 years later recording it every day, and probably enjoying it more than some modern programs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On: Watch (214)
    Date: Friday 25th July 2014 (starting in 48 days)
    Time: 09:40 to 11:00 (1 hour and 20 minutes long)

The Trial of Eddie Santini.
    PC Eddie Santini appears at the Old Bailey charged with murder in this extended episode.
    (4 Star)

Starring: Michael Higgs, Caroline Catz, Samantha Robson, Sharon Maughan
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    On: Watch (214)
    Date: Friday 25th July 2014 (starting in 48 days)
    Time: 09:40 to 11:00 (1 hour and 20 minutes long)

The Trial of Eddie Santini.
    PC Eddie Santini appears at the Old Bailey charged with murder in this extended episode.
    (4 Star)

Starring: Michael Higgs, Caroline Catz, Samantha Robson, Sharon Maughan

Thanks :):):) , its a shame cus ive missed the main episodes of Eddie Santini, i only started watching it on Watch the last Month, i really liked his character, i remember it first time around, and i bought it on DVD, i enjoyed seeing how he would get himself out of sticky situations. Brilliant storyline imo
  • Options
    Forum Member
    rhumble wrote: »
    I'm watching on Watch as well, i'm waiting for Eddie Santini's trial. I'm enjoying Jim Carver's storylines though, the bit where they put a drunk Jim into the back of a police van to sober up, and the van goes to a call at a pub, when they open up the back and a drunk Jim gets out and goes straight into the pub, really had me laughing, brilliant stuff, plus the actor playing Jim really portrays him really well.

That was so funny! And if memory serves me correctly, when Tony, Reg and co. are putting him into the van at the station, Tony comments "He weighs a ton, like an elephant" :D Mark Wingett who played Jim is a great actor and really pulled off the alcohol storyline.I
    rhumble wrote: »
    Thanks :):):) , its a shame cus ive missed the main episodes of Eddie Santini, i only started watching it on Watch the last Month, i really liked his character, i remember it first time around, and i bought it on DVD, i enjoyed seeing how he would get himself out of sticky situations. Brilliant storyline imo

Santini was another fantastic character.. a goodie or a baddie?? Probably a baddie with charm! Another of my fave storylines. But Gabrielle "Tucker from Grange Hill" Kent was the best ever Bill baddie. :o
  • Options
    Bonesy84Bonesy84 Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    =highlander1969;73023447 But Gabrielle "Tucker from Grange Hill" Kent was the best ever Bill baddie. :o

I thought it was ridiculous mind you at the time the programme was getting rather silly
  • Options
    millysshawmillysshaw Posts: 2,464
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My hubby has just come back from a trip to Norfolk, one of the trips out during the week was a boat trip, the captain was a certain PC Stamp. He asked my husband if he wanted to come, he said said no I will stay with the coach. He did not recognise him at first just thought he looked familiar. It was only when the passengers came back and said they got his autograph. He was my favourite copper.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Bill - Home And Away Drama channel muted and changed the music on the ending can someone with this episode on dvd tell me whats being said please
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've finally got round to watching the pilot episode Woodentop

Strange to see Jim Carver and June Ackland looking so young and the whole style is very different.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    new title sequence and opening from today onwards