2»

Comments

• Options
    DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    No it isn't.
    Geographically, yes it is. Meterologically, the 1st June was the first day of Summer. As I've said many a time,
    although essentially both dates are correct, I always go by the geographical start dates of the seasons, so
    as far as I'm concerned, Summer started today and continues through to 22nd September.

Even if I worked for the Met Office, my personal view on this subject would be no different.
  • Options
    jimbo1962jimbo1962 Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    programmes on the telly about Stonehenge.........its gotta be 21st June.
  • Options
    paulsh1paulsh1 Posts: 2,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still light !!
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,630
    Forum Member
    DJGM wrote: »
    Geographically, yes it is.
    But not "the official start of summer" which is what negates the original assertion;
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    It's not lazy, it's a cheap tactic to get more views so people don't just skip the thread thinking the op spoke the blindingly obvious.

True. Maybe I should construct my replies to these threads with half sentences.

How are you?
    Answer. I am.
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I finally changed the battery in a clock of mine, carry on.:D
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jimbo1962 wrote:
    programmes on the telly about Stonehenge.
    I saw that programme, really interesting, can't help thinking those stones are in the wrong places.:D
  • Options
    _ben_ben Posts: 5,758
    Forum Member
    Croctacus wrote: »
    I got up for a wee just after 4am and it was proper daylight. I hate waking up so early cos I don't get back to sleep.

I've been woken up by sunlight streaming through my curtains at 4am for weeks now, in fact looking to the north I don't think the sky ever gets completely dark at this time of year.
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I put an extra covering on the window in our bedroom to make it dark as I'm normally off to bed by 10 and it's still quite light outside. I've slept much better since doing that.