If Ashleigh wins it will be for all the wrong reasons...

Comments

• BIGM0MMABIGM0MMA Posts: 1,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hunkydory wrote: »
    dont take that to heart janis it just means to agree to have a different opinion :)

I'm glad you have the patience hunkydory.
  • JanisElizabethJanisElizabeth Posts: 12,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BIGM0MMA wrote: »
    I'm glad you have the patience :D

Just wondering if you are a fan of Steven as you seem to never actually listen to what anyone else says unless they agree with you!
  • xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    vote to save isn't it.
    Depends who is in the final how the vote sways.

Thing is with ashleigh her fans are very passionate & determined. It has grew massively compared to most house mates whose popularity whether bad or good has stayed very similar since the start.
    Issue is if she is up against Christopher say in the final 2 she has a lot of haters Ashleigh or people not fussed about her either way. They will send vote to Christopher. Christopher is universally liked really so i cant see her winning tbh
    I do think Christopher has won it. Nice guy but he has done the least in there. We see very little of him but with fakes like mark or helen & gang maybe not so bad.
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good for you. The problem is a lot of people only like a housemate because they don't like another. In turn that develops a mentality of so and so fans don't like so and so & they are just saying that because he said that blah blah blah....

The comment you have just replied to is a prime example. So again, fair play to you for liking a housemate without an ulterior motive.

Do me a favour Big Momma - read through this thread - all of it.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1983074&highlight=
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Don't be ridiculous patsy. That would involve actually listening to what other people say, allowing them their opinions and responding in a sensible manner. ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well I read the first reply that basically excuses her behaviour - because she is 18. This is also done in a rather sexist manner, inferring its not the same as when an older man does the same thing. I thought she was an adult? No? Then the member tells us she has anger issues. Next, its curly up looking pretty on the sofa with a cuddly toy blah blah blah... All very interesting so far I'm sure you'll agree. Then they go on to say how she might grow up one day which is not a reason for liking anyone as far as I'm concerned.

Then we have someone who says they don't particularly like Ashleigh but they hate Helen more. Hmm....

Swiftly follow by this cracker: "Yes and some people on this forum really need to realize some people don't only vote on a like or dislike of certain housemates they vote on the bigger picture. Bigger picture being for some Helens head will get even bigger still if Ashleigh goes. And some people are fed up with bb being the Helen show since day one also about her final pass too". I think I might be seeing a pattern emerging here.

To be honest with you I gave up after the post: "The girl has morals. She would never get into a swimming pool with a member of the opposite sex and will gladly call out any debauched hussy that does".

That's funny, I'm sure she was in the pool with Winston. Ill no doubt safely assume that the rest is as contradictory and as biased as that. It is essentially written by members who have a penchant of hating on Helen.

So excuse me for noting taking your direction & reading "all of it". Ill assume that's necessary to pick out one or two juicy titbits in 10 pages that you will no doubt try to back up your argument with & claim how all Ashleigh fans think the same, when quite clearly they do not.

Thanks anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I read the first reply that basically excuses her behaviour - because she is 18. This is also done in a rather sexist manner, inferring its not the same as when an older man does the same thing. I thought she was an adult? No? Then the member tells us she has anger issues. Next, its curly up looking pretty on the sofa with a cuddly toy blah blah blah... All very interesting so far I'm sure you'll agree. Then they go on to say how she might grow up one day which is not a reason for liking anyone as far as I'm concerned.

Then we have someone who says they don't particularly like Ashleigh but they hate Helen more. Hmm....

Swiftly follow by this cracker: "Yes and some people on this forum really need to realize some people don't only vote on a like or dislike of certain housemates they vote on the bigger picture. Bigger picture being for some Helens head will get even bigger still if Ashleigh goes. And some people are fed up with bb being the Helen show since day one also about her final pass too". I think I might be seeing a pattern emerging here.

To be honest with you I gave up after the post: "The girl has morals. She would never get into a swimming pool with a member of the opposite sex and will gladly call out any debauched hussy that does".

That's funny, I'm sure she was in the pool with Winston. Ill no doubt safely assume that the rest is as contradictory and as biased as that. It is essentially written by members who have a penchant of hating on Helen.

So excuse me for noting taking your direction & reading "all of it". Ill assume that's necessary to pick out one or two juicy titbits in 10 pages that you will no doubt try to back up your argument with & claim how all Ashleigh fans think the same, when quite clearly they do not.

Thanks anyway.

This is the point some of us have been trying to make which you have now just admitted. You have pretty much been saying that anyone who likes Ashleigh only likes her because she hates Helen. Now you're saying not all Ashleigh fans think the same. Which is it? :confused:
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the point some of us have been trying to make which you have now just admitted. You have pretty much been saying that anyone who likes Ashleigh only likes her because she hates Helen. Now you're saying not all Ashleigh fans think the same. Which is it? :confused:

What did I say about debating skils? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wazzyboy wrote: »
    What did I say about debating skils? :)

I think you might have had a point :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What's the difference between "pretty much" saying something & actually saying it? Just out of curiosity of course. In this case it seems as if 2+2=5.

Just relax, enjoy using the forum & recognise that you will come across people with different opinions - some of which you won't agree with :o

Strange I know, but true nontheless :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks anyway.

I've no notion of it. It's case closed as far as I'm concerned. For weeks you've been whining on about people ONLY liking Ashleigh because they hate Helen. I, rather helpfully, linked a thread 10 pages long of discussion about why people like Ashleigh. By your own admission, you're not interested. So stop asking the question and stop saying that it's ONLY because people hate Helen - because it patently is not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally can't stand Ashleigh, just happen to dislike Helen more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally can't stand Ashleigh, just happen to dislike Helen more.

No problem with that. I'm just pointing out that people who like Ashleigh do so because they hate Helen. She's nothing more than a vehicle for those people who will spend spend spend to keep her in - just to annoy Helen.

Thats the part that baffles me and why I say Ashleigh would win for all the wrong reasons. Not because of the person that she is.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No problem with that. I'm just pointing out that people who like Ashleigh do so because they hate Helen. She's nothing more than a vehicle for those people who will spend spend spend to keep her in - just to annoy Helen.

Thats the part that baffles me and why I say Ashleigh would win for all the wrong reasons. Not because of the person that she is.

I'd say your application to be the spokesperson for Ashleigh fans has been a massive failure . ;-)
  • DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So because I have an option which i always back up with evidence, I'm a troll because you don't agree with it? Fantastic logic.

Evidence? What evidence? A forum full of members telling you that your assumptions are actually inaccurate cos they are the ones that actually know their own minds and what they're thinking??

Now that is what I call fantastic logic :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say your application to be the spokesperson for Ashleigh fans has been a massive failure . ;-)

Oh well, I'll still sleep very well tonight thank you.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are no obvious winners in there
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    There are no obvious winners in there

I agree, it's all very open at the moment :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks anyway.

And another thing, BIGMOMMA; having reviewed the thread and your review of the thread, what you did was you looked at the first page (only) you picked posts from those who admitted they DON'T like Ashleigh and skipped those from posters who said they do. I don't think I've ever seen a more dismal fail on DS.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    And another thing, BIGMOMMA; having reviewed the thread and your review of the thread, what you did was you looked at the first page (only) you picked posts from those who admitted they DON'T like Ashleigh and skipped those from posters who said they do. I don't think I've ever seen a more dismal fail on DS.

And dont forget many deleted posts Patsy
  • SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ashleigh to win.

(and no, not because of Helen at all... I actually don't care about Helen.)
  • DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Satanel wrote: »
    Ashleigh to win.

Ahh but that there is why you like Ashleigh then! :D You're forbidden to like her for any other reason. The statistics and evidence don't lie ;-);-);-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    Satanel wrote: »
    Ashleigh to win.

Prepare to be accused of lying.
    Ahh but that there is why you like Ashleigh then! :D You're forbidden to like her for any other reason. The statistics and evidence don't lie ;-);-);-)

Yup in a nutshell. Momma's statistical analysis shows that it's impossible to like Ashleigh for any other reason. All youre reasoning will be shot down or deleted from the thread.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will be for all the right reasons, but not necessarily in the right order.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a joke! Who are you to say people like Ashleigh just because she hates Helen :/ i like her for many other reasons, she has her own mind and i dont find her as deperate or fake as the others.. Her not liking Helen is just a bonus