Options

Films you wanna see based on famous people (living or dead)

LMLM Posts: 63,510
Forum Member
✭✭
Are there any films that haven't been done or films that could be done better to be based on particular famous people?

I would love one about the life of Marilyn monroe. I know there's one coming out at the end of the year but it's only about her time in the UK. I would like one about her entire life.

I would love one based on Dusty Springfield. She had a very interesting closted life. Plus, she's an Soul Icon. A flm has been in development since 2004 but no script has never materalised.

Comments

• Options
    mirrorimagemirrorimage Posts: 4,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was reading today of an upcoming movie about Edmund Hillary's ascent of Everest which could be good.
  • Options
    richard craniumrichard cranium Posts: 4,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has there been a serious attempt at a Elvis bio-pic ?

...or James Dean ?
  • Options
    _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

...or James Dean ?

James Franco played James Dean in a biopic, not sure about elvis

We can probably expect a winehouse biopic soon...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The winehouse one is in talks but whenever anyone dies, they assume a film will be made

I mean a Michael Jackson was promised. Even Anna Nicole Smith one was planned. The Anna nicole one went ahead but it was a cheap barely watched television film with poor acting. She had an interesting life that was fit for the big screen so i hope they do a big screen one for Anna Nicole,

An Elvis one was done but as a mini series. Jonathan Rhys Meyers (The Tudors) won a golden globe for his portrayal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A Princess Diana one would be amazing as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jon bon jovi, michael jackson, clint eastwood, samuel l jackson,
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A "Proper" film about the life of Bruce Lee would be good.
    That film "Dragon" starring Jason Scott Lee was just rubbish.
  • Options
    GrimmGhostGrimmGhost Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I think biopics about film actors to be superfluous at best. I'd rather watch a biopic about someone more historically significant.

A dual biopic film of King George III and George Washington, could be titled 'The Two Georges'.

A biopic of Mohammad, the 7th century religious leader warlord, would make for an interesting film but will never be made for the backlash would be too great.

Charles Dickens
  • Options
    widgerwidger Posts: 722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I though that Mike Myers was due to play Keith Mooon in a biopic which would be interesting if the film ever makes it out of development hell.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member

...or James Dean ?

there's a great two-part bio of elvis directed by john carpenter and starring kurt russel.
    i'd love to see a film about tim richmond (stock car racer who sadly died of AIDS, and was a major inspiration for days of thunder with tom cruise). there's a great documentary about him called "Tim Richmond: To the Limit" which was produced as part of the "30 for 30" series for ESPN.
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    I'd like to see a film about Chuck Yeager the legendary WW2 fighter ace and test pilot. He did appear in The Right Stuff but I'd really like to see a film concentrating on him.
  • Options
    Mark AMark A Posts: 7,692
    Forum Member
    I'd like to see Mother Teresa taking on the Taliban with twin Uzis.

Regards

Mark
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A bio about Laurel and Hardy i would be intrigued by (dont know if one exists)
    Maybe Hitchcock.
  • Options
    RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madonna The Opera, directed by Ken Russell (while we've still got him :cry:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    i remember hearing a while back that a biopic of Bob Marley was happening.

I would love for that be made!!
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Are there any films that haven't been done or films that could be done better to be based on particular famous people?

I would love one about the life of Marilyn monroe. I know there's one coming out at the end of the year but it's only about her time in the UK. I would like one about her entire life.

I would love one based on Dusty Springfield. She had a very interesting closted life. Plus, she's an Soul Icon. A flm has been in development since 2004 but no script has never materalised.

Yeah with Nicole Kidman as the lead, I'd pass.
  • Options
    ShaiyaShaiya Posts: 3,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diego Maradona

Saddam Hussein

Michael Jackson

Al Pacino
  • Options
    ShaunIOWShaunIOW Posts: 11,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Admiral Horatio Lord Nelson

Jacques de Molay

Charlemagne

Alfred The Great

Henry V

General Douglas Haig

Walter Raleigh

Sir Francis Drake
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would love a Dusty Springfield one.
  • Options
    SarlaccSarlacc Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    Pretty morbid but H. H. Holmes -
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._H._Holmes
  • Options
    Mr PerksMr Perks Posts: 1,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A biopic of Aleister Crowley would be fun. The problem of authenticity being already solved with his habitual self-mythologising, I doubt if anyone knows the real story.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah with Nicole Kidman as the lead, I'd pass.

She isn't the lead. She was considered the lead about 5 years ago but it was never confirmed

Kristin Chenoweth has been linked to the role as of this year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope the Aretha one ever happens. Aretha herself has been supportive over it. Halle Berry was considered for the role at one point. But Aretha said herself she would rather Fantasia Barrino play her.
  • Options
    paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member

I've always wanted to see a film about the life of one of my distant relatives - Col Fredrick Spencer Chapman. He was an Explorer and mountaineer during the 1930's - the first man to climb Mt Chomolhari, first man to start an English School in Tibet, Was a member of the British Antarctic Air Expedition. Ended up surviving 3 days in a gale alone while in Greenland.

During the war he was alone living amongst natives undertaking guerilla warfare against the Japanese - they sent an entire division to hunt him down - since he was so busy destroying trucks, trains and the like the Japs thought there was a 200 British troops in the Jungle - in reality there was 4 of them whittled down to 1 eventually - which is why he found himself alone for over 2 years.

He was captured twice; once by Chinese bandits and once by the Japanese - escaping from the latter only because they were surprised he went to University with a Japanese prince.

He ended the war taking the surrender of Japanese forces.

After the war he went caravanning from Cape Town to Uganda with his wife and three small boys in 1953.

As well as the DSO and bar he has been awarded the Arctic Medal (1931), Gill Memorial Medal (Royal Geographical Society, 1941), Mungo Park Medal (Royal Scottish Geographical Society, 1948), Sunday Times Special Award and Gold Medal (1949), and the Lawrence of Arabia Memorial Medal (Royal Central Asian Society, 1950).
    Only thing is as a teacher some might think it was a rip off Indiana Jones - except he was like Indiana Jones (except a botanist and naturalist rather than archeologist)

see http://tibet.prm.ox.ac.uk/tibet_Frederick_Spencer_Chapman.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1223995/The-man-army-How-Cambridge-educated-botanist-fought-year-war-4-000-Japanese-troops.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/oct/21/great-birdwatching-war-hero

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Freddie-Spencer-Chapman/188863660239?v=info
  • Options
    Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    Marlene Dietrich - apparently there is one in the works with Gwyneth Paltrow set to play her. Personally I think Uma Thurman would be much better

Judy Garland - the tv movie was fantastic but a big screen movie would be much better.

Joan Crawford - a proper one and not a hatchet fest like mommie dearest

Bette Davis - how has this not happened yet?