Crazy Nexus 4 Prices On Ebay

konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
Forum Member
Last completed sale was for £221 (used). I guess this could be due to them being out of stock direct from Google and still being a desirable phone. For existing Nexus 4 owners looking to upgrade cheaply to the 5 this could be all about timing. Once the Nexus 5 is out (and assuming it's a bargain like the 4 was) I'm sure ebay will be swamped with used Nexus 4s, driving down prices. But ebay can be a tricky place to sell a mobile. Decisions....

Comments

• MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »
    Last completed sale was for £221 (used). I guess this could be due to them being out of stock direct from Google and still being a desirable phone. For existing Nexus 4 owners looking to upgrade cheaply to the 5 this could be all about timing. Once the Nexus 5 is out (and assuming it's a bargain like the 4 was) I'm sure ebay will be swamped with used Nexus 4s, driving down prices. But ebay can be a tricky place to sell a mobile. Decisions....

I wouldn't consider £221 to be a crazy price......unless i'm missing something?
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    For a used one? Considering even at original price it was only £279 brand new and to sell at £221 represents just a £58 'loss'! Of course, if the phone had been bought very recently that loss turns into a £22 profit! These prices seem to be far in excess of the relative prices that, for instance, a used iPhone 5 sells for compared to the new price and iPhones have always been the phones that keep their value better than any other on the market.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Google-Nexus-4-16GB-Phone-LG-Unlocked-New-Sealed-/321035727719?pt=UK_Mobile_Phones&hash=item4abf387367
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's very tempting. I managed to sell my Galaxy Nexus for a little under the original price of the Nexus 4.

But I think I might skip the next Nexus as I did with the Nexus S. I'm very happy with my Nexus 4 and not too keen on the landscape Nexus logo. :o
  • pi r squaredpi r squared Posts: 4,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I'm...not too keen on the landscape Nexus logo. :o
    I like it on the new Nexus 7. I guess the jury's out on how it will look on a predominantly portrait device until we see a few more pics "in the flesh", but realistically how often do you look at the back of your phone?
  • JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    ive only had my nexus 4 for 3 weeks and its brilliant ..id never sell it and wish id bought another as mine is 16 gb and i wanted an 8 gb one for a member of my family