Options

Basball 2014 ESPN/BT Sport?

fosteritefosterite Posts: 99
Forum Member
Does anyone know if Baseball is returning to either channel in 2014. Need to know as I will subscribe to MLB.TV if the answer is no. Thanks for any info in advance.

Comments

• Options
    grassmarketgrassmarket Posts: 33,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have presumed that yes, but so far there have been no pre-season games, which they usually show. What else are they going to fill their schedules with? They have about 5 college basketball games a day at the moment, but that finishes at the end of the month.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I have now found out that they plan to have the same level of coverage this season as they did last season from August 1st when BT Sport launched... Good news. first preseason game Monday 17th and first BBT Tuesday 18th. This was meant to of been tweeted sometime ago. I will try to find a TV guide to confirm. Hopefully, good news indeed.
  • Options
    apaulapaul Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    There's baseball on the schedule from 17 March. A lot of the Red Sox, unsurprisingly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Where did you find the schedule. I can only find one week in advance on the website.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fosterite wrote: »
    Where did you find the schedule. I can only find one week in advance on the website.

Maybe here?

http://www.locatetv.com/uk/listings/espn-hd#07-Mar-2014
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks I have saved the link onto my favourites.
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    the early spring training games were never shown on NASN or ESPN America either , they usually waited for later games when the leading players were starting to more or less play the full games rather than the couple of innings most do at first
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    out of interest, ESPN is on BT on the Sky Platform, but not Freeview
  • Options
    fluffedfluffed Posts: 1,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting. I've subbed to mlb.tv anyway, as I only really want to watch NYY games. Not watched more than a few minutes of a pre season game yet though, by the 4th inning I don't know who any of the players are!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    fluffed wrote: »
    Interesting. I've subbed to mlb.tv anyway, as I only really want to watch NYY games. Not watched more than a few minutes of a pre season game yet though, by the 4th inning I don't know who any of the players are!

almost exactly same as me

I hate it when we get a Yankees game on ESPN and its the other teams feed they using as I like the YES commentators
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep that's another benefit, imagine 3 hours of listening to that annoying CWS commentator (He gone!, Here come the good guys, etc etc). On Fox games, I usually switch comms to radio, unless there's a big delay, I can't stand Buck and the other guy. Though it is mildly amusing listening to them announce Yankee HR's like someone has died, where a Boston single get greeted like the second coming. Umm, I digress!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I see that both the games in Australia are being broadcast live on ESPN. Looking good for extensive coverage again. Roll on Saturday Week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, watching Cards v Boston. The pitcher with shirt number 70 has just walked a run in on a balk. Back to the minors for you, matey.
  • Options
    MeicYMeicY Posts: 2,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    out of interest, ESPN is on BT on the Sky Platform, but not Freeview

I sorta-see what you're saying - on DTT you can only get BT Sport 1 and 2. On Sky and Virgin you can get BT Sport 1 and 2 and ESPN plus HD versions of the same.

Interestingly, LocateTV says tonight's game is between Boston Red Sox and Arizona Cardinals! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    12 Hours of live Baseball on ESPN from 1800pm on Monday 31st of March. And of course the opening SNB at 0100am Monday 31st. Let the good times roll.:);-):cool::p
  • Options
    apaulapaul Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    Never seen a bee delay before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yankee fans probably all remember the Joba "Bug Game” in Cleveland:/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    fluffed wrote: »
    Yankee fans probably all remember the Joba "Bug Game” in Cleveland:/

yep

always felt that cost us the game and the series

are we gonna just continue this thread as the MLB thread for the season or should we start a new one ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    been quite a turnaround this spring in how the pineda-montero trade between the Yankees and mariners is looking

everyone thought the Yankees had made a huge mistake trading away Montero when pineda ended up injured and still hasn't started a game for them

this spring tho the experiment to move Montero to first base has failed after he turned up to spring training overweight and hes been put down to the minors. pineda on the other hand has been impressive so far and looks a certainty to have a place in the starting rotation now.

still too soon to take anything for granted but the yanks might still come out on the right side of that trade
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    are we gonna just continue this thread as the MLB thread for the season or should we start a new one ?

May as well keep this one?

Excited for Saturday already, even though It's not a game I'd normally watch, it's baseball that means something again! And a reasonable time on a weekend too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    just a few hours til the season starts

wonder how this timing is going to go down with American viewers as its something like a 4am start time on the east coast, 1am in LA.

looking forward to seeing Kershaw , hes been outstanding the last couple of years and hasn't even reached what are usually the best years for a pitcher
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kershaw is human after all , gives up a run in the opener
  • Options
    MeicYMeicY Posts: 2,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice watching baseball at breakfast.

If we are to keep this thread, could the mods please add the missing E to the thread title? My inner OCD is itching.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    solid start to the season by the dodgers, even if the bullpen made things interesting. two pretty good starts from their pitchers , still got greinke to get fully fit as well

they gonna be tough to beat in the NL west
  • Options
    soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judging by the Opening Day games so far it is going to be a very long season, and low scoring lol