Being Human - New Series Discussion **[SPOILERS IN TAGS]**

Comments

• cobaltmalecobaltmale Posts: 21,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I enjoyed that better than last week's. Choc full of little surprises and lots of development.

I think Hugh is very sweet too - I'd more than kiss him!

G
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Gaz22 wrote: »
    Looks like Annie can be got at. :eek:

Whoever it was stopped her from disappearing and basically set Saul up to get at her. I doubt it was the werewolf hunters so it looks like the whole trio are in trouble.

Yes it's the people from the 'other side' after Annie, who else can control the doors to the afterlife?

I must say they're not doing much to make the other side sound very pleasant, sounds like it's run by the Cenobites.
    Forum Member
    funkycub wrote: »
    Nina is the next one in the test cubicle I guess, like the guy you died last week.

Shame I like Nina and George

Aye, given that they're equally moral, they could have given Mitchell some moaning in stereo.

Oh how long do Werewolves live for, Nina intimated that it was shortening her life.
    It's not that bad, 5 or 6 hours a month she has to lock herself away.
  • †¤AzumiMiyako¤††¤AzumiMiyako¤† Posts: 3,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I missed the very end :( my laptop completely spazzed out and crashed. I could hear it though.

I thought the Saul and door thing was a bit silly tbh. The voice seemed comical to me :( reminded me of the voice at the end of Thriller.
    Forum Member
    I missed the very end :( my laptop completely spazzed out and crashed. I could hear it though.

I thought the Saul and door thing was a bit silly tbh. The voice seemed comical to me :( reminded me of the voice at the end of Thriller.

I suppose working on the other side must be pretty boring, like working at good inwards, but doors don't get held up in traffic.
    Don't blame them for having a bit of a giggle with it, if it's like working in a warehouse :)
  • Hello.Hello. Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't decide if I'm enjoying this series or not yet. I did enjoy series 1.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terry Wogan! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,196
    Forum Member
    I am thinking that the ones on the other side of the door are nervous and scared of what Annie might become and are trying to get her over to the other side before she can realise her own powers :confused:

And poor Nina...! :( Did anyone else shout at the TV "NoooooOOOOooooOOOoooo!!!" when that creepy bald guy who spouts scripture rocked up behind her - leave her alone!!! :mad:
  • Paper DollPaper Doll Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems a bit confused on the ghost thing, they said last week that although people could see her they couldn't touch her as it would be all "squishy" and this week she's touching and kissing people.

Less comedy than the last series it seems and thankfully Tovey seems to have ditched the halting delivery which was probably his idea of what a nerd is like but was extremely annoying, pity they didn't get rid of the Irish vampire's fingerless gloves as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a ghost as well imo. That's why he can touch her.
    Forum Member
    viewaskew wrote: »
    I am thinking that the ones on the other side of the door are nervous and scared of what Annie might become and are trying to get her over to the other side before she can realise her own powers :confused:

And poor Nina...! :( Did anyone else shout at the TV "NoooooOOOOooooOOOoooo!!!" when that creepy bald guy who spouts scripture rocked up behind her - leave her alone!!! :mad:

That (Annie's powers) would be an interesting development, don't think that'll be where we're going though.

No, some of us save our talking to the TV for people like Piers Morgan, mostly expletives :)
  • BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    viewaskew wrote: »
    I am thinking that the ones on the other side of the door are nervous and scared of what Annie might become and are trying to get her over to the other side before she can realise her own powers :confused:...

It has got to be something like that to go to all that bother!
  • ppaupyppaupy Posts: 2,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chocdoc wrote: »

Yes i just said that to OH too..im sure he is a ghost.

Just had a thought...he can eat and drink so not a ghost??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    Tonight's episode was a lot better than the first one, but I think they could trim them down a bit; perhaps to 30 - 45 minutes, because there's quite a lot of filler which was dull.

But now... I want to keep watching which is a good thing.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Terry wogan one of the dead??
    Forum Member
    Chocdoc wrote: »

Saul kissed her, he wasn't a ghost, they just allowed him to come back to get Annie.
    Doesn't rule out Hugh been a ghost though, we wouldn't be expecting it.

OK anyone know what the writers have said about Annie's form/substance?
    Someone said it was confidence in an earlier post.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,196
    Forum Member
    That (Annie's powers) would be an interesting development, don't think that'll be where we're going though.

No, some of us save our talking to the TV for people like Piers Morgan, mostly expletives :)

I'd love to see that - Annie being able to cross over to the other side and kick their arses then being able to come back :p

Really hope that Nina doesnt get sucked in by the God-Squad people and end up as a greasy spot in a decompression chamber! :(

I like the look of the impending Vampire-Human war thing brewing as well! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awww. Poor Annie :(

I thought that was terrific, really got me hooked again now. I wondered whether there'd be any consequence to Annie not going through the door. They're really pushing the 'men with sticks' motif as well, very creepy.

Sad for Nina & George, although can't really blame her.

And yay for Hugh. Think he's my favourite new character.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Saul kissed her, he wasn't a ghost, they just allowed him to come back to get Annie.
    Doesn't rule out Hugh been a ghost though, we wouldn't be expecting it.

OK anyone know what the writers have said about Annie's form/substance?
    Someone said it was confidence in an earlier post.

I think TPB allowed her to be visible and solid so that they could try to trap her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure if I enjoyed that episode or not :( Some parts of it were fab, ie the parts with Annie/Saul and Hugh but the parts with Mitchell bored me a bit tonight :confused:
  • CoronisCoronis Posts: 24,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was :( I understand why Nina left. Her speech to Mitchell was well raw. Wow, when love turns to hate it's time to leave....She felt if she stayed there what was left of her humanity would go. Chilling moment when the Professor made his move, I was just getting used to her as part of the cast. :(

As for war, yup tis inevitable. Humanity and vamps living side by side not going to happen. :eek: Hope the Coroner got to see his grandchildren one last time before the end...

I was wondering what the consequences of Annie's decision were, it looks really bad. Ghosts taunting her through the radio, tv and newspapers I imagine. Was heartbreaking to see her revert to being invisible, back to the start. I felt that it was sort of a way the ghosts were getting back at her for not getting through the door a second time. Am I the only one who found Saul being spoken to through the tv and paper funny/creepy?
  • FoggerFogger Posts: 3,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh just how fantastic is this series?!

Loved every second of that, even the bits I didn't understand. :D

My wish to stalk Mr Tovey for the rest of his natural life hasn't diminished at all. :D

So beats the mindless crap that fills the rest of the week.

Edit: Lovely cinematography as well: The use of barely saturated colour (almost black and white) for the right moody shots - just wouldn't work in bright daylight colour.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Fogger wrote: »
    Oh just how fantastic is this series?!

Loved every second of that, even the bits I didn't understand. :D

My wish to stalk Mr Tovey for the rest of his natural life hasn't diminished at all. :D

So beats the mindless crap that fills the rest of the week.

Edit: Lovely cinematography as well: The use of barely saturated colour (almost black and white) for the right moody shots - just wouldn't work in bright daylight colour.

I agree on the filiming, parts of it were brilliantly shot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewokwicket wrote: »
    I agree on the filiming, parts of it were brilliantly shot.

Sadly that means expensive. So hopefully there will be another series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    Is Terry wogan one of the dead??

That was the only bit that didn't come as a surprise! :D
This discussion has been closed.