Options

EastEnders - Ronnie Mitchell/Samantha Womack Appreciation Thread (Part 7)

Comments

• Options
    liliroselilirose Posts: 10,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't have so much of a problem with her missing for a bit. As you say it will make people that care for her, worry about her safety and her mental state.

But the writing for when she is found, needs to be really spot on and show her in a very unstable state, rather than her calm, making it seem like the reason she left was because she didn't want to get caught.
    Again I was reading Sue Osman's story and she went missing too. Her husband found her at her son's grave.

My fear is that they will have her disappear and then have her return and hand herself in.
    I would rather her being extremely unstable, found with her wrists cut or something like that. Police to show up but clearly see, that she is not in fit state to stand trial and send her to a mental institution instead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I struggle to see how they would have continued with this storyline for a year possibly two.
    It is stale already. They would have turned Ronnie into a complete villain. There is no way you can play the mental instability for that long. Realistically Ronnie wouldn't have been able to seemingly keep it together for that amount of time. Even what we have now, three months is too long. Maybe that is why Ronnie has very little screen time considering the role she has in the storyline.
    If they were to show her as much as they should have done, there is no way the swap could have lasted for as long as it has been.
    But this is their mistake, because by not showing her it doesn't make it more believable that she is able to keep going.
    It is such a cop out.

We will never know, but what they were planning to do was perhaps have Ronnie bond with Tommy. A year or so down the line some sort of medical situation arises and Tommy needs treatment, or somebody starts suspecting something, hears Ronnie on a baby monitor or at James’ grave. Want to expose her. Ronnie goes on the run. And then she gets caught after almost causing the baby to die. :yawn::rolleyes:
    I can totally see B.K going that way with Ronnie. In his eyes she was going to be the villain.
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    didn't BK turn a character in HO evil which the audience hated?

I guess he looked at Ronnie and thought with some of the things Santer made her do was "evil" deep down. I don't think he has done any research on her character at all and then DTC seemed to have been "pushed" out the door quicker then you can say "I'm leaving to join Santer at his new company"!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I think I heard something about HO, maybe in these forums.
    I don't watch the other soaps myself, so don't know much about his time pre EE. He was in Corrie too, wasn't he.
    It seems like most people agree that he was good in HO, but clearly he hasn't been up to the task in EE.
    But then again, EE is a much bigger task and nothing compared to HO. The two have completely different audiences.
    He will probably be gone by March 2012 but I couldn't care less whether he stayed or not.
    It doesn't make a difference to me, because even if he goes it’s too late for Ronnie.:( As for EE I am past caring now tbh.
  • Options
    ChelseaxxxChelseaxxx Posts: 5,274
    Forum Member
    i am raging btw coz sam isnt up for best actress or even sexiest female ?????x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have watched EE since day one, bar holidays and an stint in 2006 I switched off (reaalllllly boring) but apart from 2006 there has always been characters that make it worth watching even when my favourite character is not in the show.

But all the new characters haven't been developed enough that I simply don't care about them, or existing characters treated reall shoddy - Chryed have been awful for over a year now for example.

The writing is really putting me off characters like Phil and Ian.

Dot is boring right now

Pat is better off in New Zealand!

Even charatcers that were slated on here like Minty and Garry I actually quite liked because they made a good team.

At the moment, I can't say I will stick with EE after Sam goes. Something major like a shakeup needs to happen starting in the producing and writers room.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chelseaxxx wrote: »

Sam is too sexy for that award. In fact Sexy is an insult to Sam shes "beautiful" instead :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam is not nominated because she quit.

I know Sam would never join another soap (because of location) but it would be funny if she joined Corrie and won a best actress award!!
  • Options
    MarcoRossiMarcoRossi Posts: 1,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_abbott wrote: »
    Sam is too sexy for that award. In fact Sexy is an insult to Sam shes "beautiful" instead :D

She is indeed beautiful, but even if there was a most beautiful actress award, she'd still not win, because her beauty is more "model" type with those sharp features etc rather than "homely" beautiful like Tanya
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MarcoRossi wrote: »
    She is indeed beautiful, but even if there was a most beautiful actress award, she'd still not win, because her beauty is more "model" type with those sharp features etc rather than "homely" beautiful like Tanya

The sexy award is a teen award for girls that you find in the local night club. I.e Nothing special :D
  • Options
    ChelseaxxxChelseaxxx Posts: 5,274
    Forum Member
    So if you quit you don't get nominated even if your the best actress on the show ?x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So if you quit you don't get nominated even if your the best actress on the show ?x

not normally but I have a feeling there is bad blood behind teh scenes ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really mixed feelings on Ronnie tonight, I actually REALLY liked the scene where she was talking to phil. It reminded me of old Mitchell times and I just for some reason really liked it :o BUT I HATED the bit where she left Glenda with Phil. I really love Glenda and it was so unfair :(:( at least Glenda's trying to find out what's wrong with her rather then doing a Roxy and ignoring it :(
  • Options
    TakeachancexTakeachancex Posts: 8,029
    Forum Member
    Lauren__ wrote: »
    Really mixed feelings on Ronnie tonight, I actually REALLY liked the scene where she was talking to phil. It reminded me of old Mitchell times and I just for some reason really liked it :o BUT I HATED the bit where she left Glenda with Phil. I really love Glenda and it was so unfair :(:( at least Glenda's trying to find out what's wrong with her rather then doing a Roxy and ignoring it :(

Omg i felt exactly the same !!! The scene with Ronnie and Phil was actually a really lovely one :o Like you said, it reminded me of the good old Mitchell days - when Phil said "is everything alright with you and Jack ?" it came across quite caring actually. I always loved Phil and Ronnie scenes.. just a shame this one was about driving Glenda out.

Glenda and Ronnie scenes were great tonight - again like you say, at least she's actually trying to work out what is wrong with her daughter. I think it is clear that she genuinely cares for her now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Omg i felt exactly the same !!! The scene with Ronnie and Phil was actually a really lovely one :o Like you said, it reminded me of the good old Mitchell days - when Phil said "is everything alright with you and Jack ?" it came across quite caring actually. I always loved Phil and Ronnie scenes.. just a shame this one was about driving Glenda out.

Glenda and Ronnie scenes were great tonight - again like you say, at least she's actually trying to work out what is wrong with her daughter. I think it is clear that she genuinely cares for her now.

I feel the same, it reminded me of 07/08 with peggy/phil/ben/ronnie/roxy in the vic :( I really will miss Glenda. I think it's clear she is actually trying to help Ronnie now, even if her "all babies look the same" line was abit odd. I liked that she picked up on what Ronnie said about Tommy too, it makes me more gutted she won't be around for the reveal
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she came end of July Lily? 24th? so she may be on screen for most of July. I think end of contrtacts is an odd afair as it depends how quick and smooth filming goes as I remember that Liam Bergin had to film more scenes after he left becaise Sam was trapped abroad so who knows!

Yes you're right, my fault. Her first episode was on the 24th of July.:)
    Bwt I watched the trailer today. It really was fantastic. Great entrance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked this episode. Didn't expect so much Jack and Ronnie scenes. Loved Jack and Dot. I am glad we are seeing him interact with his family more. Loved Ronnie and Glenda and Phil and Ronnie scenes. I also liked the fact that we saw some proper scenes with Phil and Ben.:)

Sam/Ronnie's hair looked different again tonight. Her fringe was a bit shorter and her hair had a different shade.
  • Options
    nickymongernickymonger Posts: 11,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    didn't BK turn a character in HO evil which the audience hated?

I guess he looked at Ronnie and thought with some of the things Santer made her do was "evil" deep down. I don't think he has done any research on her character at all and then DTC seemed to have been "pushed" out the door quicker then you can say "I'm leaving to join Santer at his new company"!

I liked the character of Louise until he destroyed her!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lilirose wrote: »
    Yeah I think I heard something about HO, maybe in these forums.
    I don't watch the other soaps myself, so don't know much about his time pre EE. He was in Corrie too, wasn't he.
    It seems like most people agree that he was good in HO, but clearly he hasn't been up to the task in EE.
    But then again, EE is a much bigger task and nothing compared to HO. The two have completely different audiences.
    He will probably be gone by March 2012 but I couldn't care less whether he stayed or not.
    It doesn't make a difference to me, because even if he goes it’s too late for Ronnie.:( As for EE I am past caring now tbh.

He did have some great storylines on Hollyoaks. But some were still OTT and a bit "fantasy". But you can get away with that more on Hollyoaks, as it has always been full of dream sequences and attracts teenagers as an audience.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No offense to Sam, but she isn't young enough to be in the running for sexiest female. It is people like Helen Flanagan who win that category. They definately don't stand a chance with Jessie and Zoe up. they are too old. Is Jodie up? She's the person they most have a chance with. But Eastenders really don't have many sexy females in their 20s, which is recently who win. It will probably be a Hollyoaks cast member or a Corrie female.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No offense to Sam, but she isn't young enough to be in the running for sexiest female. It is people like Helen Flanagan who win that category. They definately don't stand a chance with Jessie and Zoe up. they are too old. Is Jodie up? She's the person they most have a chance with. But Eastenders really don't have many sexy females in their 20s, which is recently who win. It will probably be a Hollyoaks cast member or a Corrie female.

Not that is an award that matters, but EE doesn't stand a chance. They dodn't have any young sexy females. The other soaps are full of them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's the girl who plays Jodie, Zoe Lucker and Rita Simons from EE.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have read posts in WW forums especially, and I really don’t understand why people in there say that Roxy will shun Ronnie and will never forgive her or want anything to do with her.:confused:
    That makes no sense to me tbh. I know she will be angry and shocked, but imo she has no reason to abandon her sister. What Ronnie has done is horrible, but Ronnie is not a criminal. Why would Roxy turn her back on her after everything Ronnie has been through?
    Either I am being biased or some people really hate Ronnie and fail to see things for what they are.
    Roxy and Ronnie have a strong bond. Who was the first person Roxy run to the other day when she found out about Glenda?

Blood is thicker than water. I really see no reason why Roxy will never forgive Ronnie and completely forget her. Tot he contrary actually especially considering that Ronnie will return Tommy to Kat, unharmed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I honestly believe that they knew Sam was leaving after she came back from Kenya. I think Ronnie was meant to snatch Tommy away and leave the square with him - thats what they meant by a 2 year storyline. Maybe Sam had agreed to film a short stint in 2012 to finish the story off originally. We will never know now.

Absolutely true I heard they knew in the summer she was leaving
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she will go missing for a while - 6 weeks so then there is real audience or character worry. Its only because she will be missing is why characters like Jack and Roxy will worry about her - they are bound to be mad at her at first. There is no point her gone for a week as that would be too quick.

I think she came end of July Lily? 24th? so she may be on screen for most of July. I think end of contrtacts is an odd afair as it depends how quick and smooth filming goes as I remember that Liam Bergin had to film more scenes after he left becaise Sam was trapped abroad so who knows!

WHat EE should do is have Ronnie section herself and gets taken to a room which she has to share with Joe Wicks :D Then when she returns shes a member of Scientology and starts believing in UFO's :D

THe aliens made me take Tommy :D

Even that storyline will be better than the crap we will be served up with. It just seems that collectively the characters of Archie, Glenda and Ronnie have been wasted in the past year when so much more could have been done.

I think her being away longer than a week would detract from her mental stability storyline. I could only see her running away to a dark corner to "grieve" or running to be with her babies, at Danielle's or Jame's grave. You spread that over a week, have an episode focussed on her state when found and the next episode focussed on the sectioning/ taken to a mental institution. you can then spend a week or two talking about the fallout on the square, with Jack/Roxy refusing to have anything to do with her. Now you are in May. We could then have Jack/Roxy go to see her and the institution "explaining" her side and we see her strapped to bed/ crouching/in a bad way. Then we have Jack/Roxy go back and explain to Alfie that Ronnie is "deranged". You spend the next few weeks focussing on Roxy/Michael fallout side, Jack/other kids whilst they struggle with the fallout/seeing her so badly/guilt at them not being there vs anger at what she put them through. We also have Kat pushing forward with wanting Ronnie to be punished vs Alfie maybe trying to explain what happened. Then have Kat go to the hosiptal and see her in a bad way, whereby the hospital explains to Kat what a state she is in. And the last scene we have of her is some manic scene of her screaming for her babies, strappped to the bed or something. Kat comes back shocked and we hear that there will be no trial as Ronnie is not considered to be in a fit state to stand trial and thus she will remain in the mental institution. I could see them spreading this out over 5 weeks to 8 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.