Options

Eastenders 08/03/2011 - Shirley takes matters into her own hands.. Episode Discussion

Comments

• Options
    lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shirley should marry him, then take out the jack when he's in the pit.
  • Options
    _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What did you guys think of today's episode? Personally I thought it was the best episode since christmas and a great exit for Glenda-9/10
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    URGH. I absolutely bloody loathe whenever soaps do the whole "that **** slept with MY man, I must take revenge on HER" thing, it's so utterly misogynistic. Why on earth should Glenda get the worse treatment when it's not as if she was ever friends with Shirley or Jane, they barely knew each other, yet somehow her actions are worse and deserve more 'punishment' than THE MEN who supposedly loved Jane and Shirley and cheated on them! How is that not the worse offense!?

Of course, they can kick Glenda and then take 'their man' back in the end. It makes me feel quite sick, really, how women are their own worst enemies in soaps.

And yes, Jane is a nice person, but let's face it, her 'class' is basically that she's pure and true and even though Ian is unrelentingly horrible and careless with her, has cheated on her multiple times, she'll always forgive him and she'd never truly cheat on him with Masood. Because she's good. And Glenda's a '****'.

Yeah. Right.
  • Options
    Hollo and GonchHollo and Gonch Posts: 4,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that was the best episode for quite a while. It actually had some structure and direction to it.

I love Linda Henry and I'm glad that she's becoming more of an integral character.
  • Options
    walford-e20walford-e20 Posts: 6,554
    Forum Member
    Another good episode tonight. Except for Heather. I still think Ben needs work though, the acting isn't really convincing me at the moment.

Why do I get the feeling that Shirley will forgive Phil? :(
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    lovinluka wrote: »
    URGH. I absolutely bloody loathe whenever soaps do the whole "that **** slept with MY man, I must take revenge on HER" thing, it's so utterly misogynistic. Why on earth should Glenda get the worse treatment when it's not as if she was ever friends with Shirley or Jane, they barely knew each other, yet somehow her actions are worse and deserve more 'punishment' than THE MEN who supposedly loved Jane and Shirley and cheated on them! How is that not the worse offense!?

Of course, they can kick Glenda and then take 'their man' back in the end. It makes me feel quite sick, really, how women are their own worst enemies in soaps.

And yes, Jane is a nice person, but let's face it, her 'class' is basically that she's pure and true and even though Ian is unrelentingly horrible and careless with her, has cheated on her multiple times, she'll always forgive him and she'd never truly cheat on him with Masood. Because she's good. And Glenda's a '****'.

Yeah. Right.

Post of the day-I totally agree. well said
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Post of the day-I totally agree. well said

*tips hat* I'm glad I'm not the only one annoyed by this! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    *tips hat* I'm glad I'm not the only one annoyed by this! :)

I have to say that I enjoyed the episode though :D
    Felt sorry for Glenda.

Also shirley stole from Roxy so it's a bit rich of her to take the moral high ground :D
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah. Right.

Great post. How depressing that the single woman is classed as the **** while you just know the married/committed men are going to be forgiven.

The fact that it's International Women's Day was clearly lost on the Eastenders producers and writers!
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,292
    Forum Member
    It's Women's Day? :confused: what does that mean? I thought it was Pancake Day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »

noone told heather that :D
  • Options
    _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought they wanted viewers too feel sorry for Glenda, not for her to be percieved as a ****?
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member

Yeah. Right.

More kudos for this post, absolutely agree.
  • Options
    TakeachancexTakeachancex Posts: 8,029
    Forum Member

Yeah. Right.

Great post! Completely agree.
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Not seen this ep yet, just glanced through this thread to see if it was worth the bother, sounds great! Going to give it a go now.. I wish EE would be consistent, as when it's good it's really good and I love it.
  • Options
    JJ28JJ28 Posts: 985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »

I find it really sad that you don't know the difference!If you're a woman you should be ashamed.

xx
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    MCRicken wrote: »
    KILL THEM SHIRLEY!!!!
    She's all talk
    What A Slap
    But she didn't kill him:confused:
    Oh sod off Glenda
    Poor Glenda
    Yay, go Shirley, for once.
    To Australia:)
    Yoshi Fan wrote: »
    Philth really is a vile pig. Shirley deserves better.
    I agree with your first statement
    Jane and Shirley need to grow a pair and dump these 2 losers :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    You could hardly call Philth a loser. He always wins;)
    _drak wrote: »
    Shirley's been deluding herself since the start. She's no Kathy/Lisa, just a stopover until the next one...
    Not even that:o
    Bit of a let down really thought Shirley was gonna kick-Ass!!
    She promised to kill him and she was all hot air:rolleyes:
    Gold_Fish wrote: »
    Poor Shirley.
    my arris

Why do I get the feeling that Shirley will forgive Phil? :(
    She has no where else to go and Philth always wins. She will tell him that she will kill him if he cheats again:yawn:

Anyway it was an above average episode:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved this episode, best one for a while. It's such a shame Glenda's leaving, she's the best Mitchell by far, I really hope she returns in future.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was quite a gripping episode.

Wish Glenda had left the chippie covered in chip fat or something. Shirley let her off too lightly!
  • Options
    mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »

Wish Glenda had left the chippie covered in chip fat or something. Shirley let her off too lightly!

Then Shirley should have been covered in chip fat when she boinked Kevin behind denise's back, and jane when she slept with grant behind ian's. Hypocrites.

I was kinda disgusted with Shirley tonight. I hope glenda returns.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

And Philthy should have been covered in grease from the arches- why should glenda take all the blame
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Philthy should have been covered in grease from the arches- why should glenda take all the blame

I wasn't aware I'd suggested that? It's not about choosing, it's possible that I wanted to see both Phil and Glenda suffer.

I cheered when Shirley slapped Phil. Hope she kicks him out her life for good.
    Then Shirley should have been covered in chip fat when she boinked Kevin behind denise's back, and jane when she slept with grant behind ian's. Hypocrites.

I was kinda disgusted with Shirley tonight. I hope glenda returns.

Must admit, I didn't watch Eastenders when those things happened, so I was unaware of them until now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't aware I'd suggested that? It's not about choosing, it's possible that I wanted to see both Phil and Glenda suffer.

I cheered when Shirley slapped Phil. Hope she kicks him out her life for good.

Must admit, I didn't watch Eastenders when those things happened, so I was unaware of them until now.

sorry for jumping to conclusions- I just get sick and tired of the female getting all the blame, and seen as the predatory '''man stealer" while they get off scot free
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorry for jumping to conclusions- I just get sick and tired of the female getting all the blame, and seen as the predatory '''man stealer" while they get off scot free

No probs :)

It's not that I really sympathise with Shirley. She picked a bad egg and she knows it. And if she takes Phil back then she deserves everything she gets.

But I dislike women such as Glenda too, who deliberately seek out attached men. So much for sisterly solidarity.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How selfish was Heather when Shirley said she was leaving. All she thought about was herself!