Doctors Discussion Thread (Part 5)

Comments

• dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,271
    Forum Member
    At least Doctors will be the second most watched though ;)

I know...how dare it! :p
    True:)
    Well i will let them have it for 1 week only:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why does Mandy feel the need to shout at everyone?! :confused: and, do this lot actually work or see more than one patient a day?! :D
  • Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do they actually HAVE any patients? Any doctor appears to wander into reception and be free to see any randomer who has floated in off the streets.

Why do these people not have to battle with a bitch of a receptionist for an appointment in 3 weeks' time like the rest of us?
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Do they actually HAVE any patients? Any doctor appears to wander into reception and be free to see any randomer who has floated in off the streets.

Why do these people not have to battle with a bitch of a receptionist for an appointment in 3 weeks' time like the rest of us?

They will then drop everything to follow you to your home if they forget something. There they will spend several hours sorting out any domestic problems you have. When they leave they will give you their mobile number and tell you to call anytime.
    'Tis fantasy Doctors :D

I missed todays, don't think I'll bother to catch up due to it being about Mandy' Freya and Cherry.
  • susan24susan24 Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I felt quite sad today watching Freya, knowing what will happen next week.

What the heck have they done to Cherry?? She was never this stupid, simpering, demanding, annoying little madam that she is now. I used to like her with Simon, she was a good friend to him and she was always laughing. Now, I despair. And so, I think does Jimmi.

And please, Mandy is the worst new character they've ever introduced. She isn't horrible or annoying. She isn't anything really and that is the problem. And her voice drives me mad.

Sorry to be negative, I do like Doctors, but it could be doing better right now.
  • Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,345
    Forum Member
    susan24 wrote: »

What is happening next week, please 'spoil' it for me.;)
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    susan24 wrote: »

What the heck have they done to Cherry?? She was never this stupid, simpering, demanding, annoying little madam that she is now. I used to like her with Simon, she was a good friend to him and she was always laughing. Now, I despair. And so, I think does Jimmi.

And please, Mandy is the worst new character they've ever introduced. She isn't horrible or annoying. She isn't anything really and that is the problem. And her voice drives me mad.

Sorry to be negative, I do like Doctors, but it could be doing better right now.

That's the problem for me with Mandy too, she's just a 'nothing' character, can't take to her at all.

And the new practice manager hasn't really taken to Freya has he? Can't say I blame him TBH. I can see all this Auntie business ending very badly for her.
    Forum Member
    lotty27 wrote: »
    That's the problem for me with Mandy too, she's just a 'nothing' character, can't take to her at all.

And the new practice manager hasn't really taken to Freya has he? Can't say I blame him TBH. I can see all this Auntie business ending very badly for her.
    Yeah it's as if Mandy is just a 'Guest' Character.

He hasn't but i wonder why? well....
    Next Monday Freya is involved in a HUGE House explosion and either her or kevin dies but we have to wait 3 weeks for the outcome as Doctors takes a summer break:eek:
    Forum Member
    Very enjoyable episode i thought

Freya...Tut..Tut..Tut why does she insist on lying all the time?
    The truth always has a habit of coming out and of course her Auntie is hardly the best person to keep secrets:D
    Is it really worth it in the end?

The storyline with the Loan shark was quite good and im sure there's plenty up and down the country in the same position as her however Mandy should't get involved. She's only a nurse for goodness sakes.

Howard really likes Kevin doesn't he.
    I wonder if we could find out that he's gay and likes him?

I see Kevin is in love again:D

Jimmi and Cherry having another argument and Karen falls off the ladder. Just another normal day at The Mill:D

9/10:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Todays episode was ok, did anyone else notice Jenny Platt aka Violet from Corrie playing the woman being beaten by her partner and hassled by the loan shark? nice to see her on screen again.
  • los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    Todays episode was ok, did anyone else notice Jenny Platt aka Violet from Corrie playing the woman being beaten by her partner and hassled by the loan shark? nice to see her on screen again.

I knew she looked familiar! She was great!
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »
    Yeah it's as if Mandy is just a 'Guest' Character.

He hasn't but i wonder why? well....
    Next Monday Freya is involved in a HUGE House explosion and either her or kevin dies but we have to wait 3 weeks for the outcome as Doctors takes a summer break:eek:

I groaned when Mandy got put on the new credits as I knew she wouldn't be going anywhere soon :( (nothing against the actress but the character is so boring!)

As to the spoiler: :eek::eek:
    one time I'd have definitely wanted Kevin to be the one who dies but now I'm not so sure, Freya's been getting on my nerves lately whereas I've quite enjoyed Kevin, especially all full of self-importance with his clipboard today :D Anyway, they might just be teasing us and neither die!

Great to see her again wasn't it? I enjoyed her performance but do wonder where she's been since she left Corrie? She shouldn't be out of work. I'll never forget her character Violet giving birth with her tights on in the Rovers :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    I thought 'Howard' was quite good today, the story line with Daniel and Karen is stupid... and will someone please shake some sense into Cherry?
  • FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm quite glad Howard is shaking up things at the surgeries and nearly 2 weeks in and no sign of an old friend anywhere
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm quite glad Howard is shaking up things at the surgeries and nearly 2 weeks in and no sign of an old friend anywhere

Ahaha that's good to hear. I have pretty much given up on Doctors. Am now at work full time so never see it in the week & cant find any time to catch up. Added to the coming 3 week break I really cant be bothered. Shame really.

And re:spoiler for Mon 18th -(huge, so click with care)
    I think it must be Freya who is dead as Simon Rivers is still filming
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    Was that Cully Barnaby as the nasty boss lady today? Nice to see she has a nice regular job rather than itinerant actor/librarian:p:D

I think Howard is turning out to be a good egg. And he seems to have the measure of Daniel:D:D I see lots of fun ahead;)
  • Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahaha that's good to hear. I have pretty much given up on Doctors. Am now at work full time so never see it in the week & cant find any time to catch up. Added to the coming 3 week break I really cant be bothered. Shame really.

And re:spoiler for Mon 18th -(huge, so click with care)
    I think it must be Freya who is dead as Simon Rivers is still filming
    And Lu Corfield appears to be on Twitter 24/7 :D
  • will2510will2510 Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An alternative to blogging.... :D
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,686
    Forum Member

Ha! True, and refuses to comment whether departure rumours are true too......
  • Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,345
    Forum Member
    I do believe that Howard has a soft spot after today's story of the the Tax Man. I think he found it hard to make a decision for the right TM and when he found out the problems tried to sort it out for them. Maybe Julia left some 'Soft Heart Aura's on office chair and he has caught the bug!!
    As for Cherry she is a real and I want to give her a big shake and sort her out once and for all. Poor Jimmi must be going through hell with her at the mo.
    Forum Member
    That James Character=Very sexy i want to see more of him:o

Jack has got a tan on his nice 6pack:o

Im really warming to Howard now. Really enjoyed his scenes today and he isn't going to give Daniel a free ride is he:D

I love the whole Immie/Jack thing because they are like real brothers and sisters. Yes they argue but they love eachother really.

8/10 :)
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,557
    Forum Member
    Sprites wrote: »
    Heya :) I have been viewing the thread but I've never really had much time to post more than a total of... one... time. :p

I thought exactly this!

I haven't enjoyed this week's episodes of Doctors. I think all of the episodes have felt a bit incomplete and unfinished, as if there should be a bit more to the story but instead you simply get the end credits. Maybe that's just me, though. Hoping for a better week next week.

I like Howard, seems like he could be a really good character in the next few months but I thought that with Freya and yet we had no luck. :p

Hello, welcome to the thread/forum. :)

I agree with you, last week was pretty poor.

Howard is alright so far though I am finding him and Daniel's quest to save money in any way they can disturbing, especially on things like latex gloves and how they say a latex glove is a latex glove. Hmmm, I think how they are made can make a difference. Some of them say suitable for medical use and some say they don't I've noticed.

As for buying from China, well I remember a few years ago baby food ended up being contaminated and some babies died over there and I do worry in general that China cuts corners when it comes to a lot of things they produce/manufacture and I wouldn't be surprised if the powers that be here don't pick such things up enough.

Products made in the EU often have a logo to indicate they have passed European regulations but I don't see that on all products so are all products made to that level in general?
  • allthingsukallthingsuk Posts: 6,035
    Forum Member
    Has Jimmi's OCD returned? Seems very obsessed with his running.

Just noticed that it was Craig Vye on yesterday. Don't like him as an actor - used to cringe when he was Hollyoaks.
  • My Sweet LifeMy Sweet Life Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else astounded by Cherry and Jimmi's massive, yet virtually empty kitchen/diner? It's so big and empty you can hear their voices echo.
  • allthingsukallthingsuk Posts: 6,035
    Forum Member
    Also noticed that Ben Roberts is a guest on tomorrow's episode. Used to play Ch. Insp Derek Conway in The Bill. Should be good.
This discussion has been closed.