Ball boy assault or feigning injury? - League Cup

Comments

• denddend Posts: 2,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whole thing is a farce and its going to rumble on. Hazard will get a ban for this, just a matter of the length. Could be a long one.

Sky showing clips of all the Swansea ball boys taking their time in the lead up to this, and showing lampard and other players complaining to the ref. Clearly something said to the ball boys to slow it down. And as others have said, looks like the ball boy isnt a "boy", could well be 18+ by his twitter(or around that age)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    kendoguk wrote: »
    Aye that's the one, compete idiot if you ask me how he can sit there and defend it

That's the guy on sports news? He needs to be told to commentate you have to give a balanced view. That's all he did was moan about Chelsea.:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dragonic wrote: »
    For winning fair and square?

Not their fault if an employee decides to act like a total idiot and fall on the ball.

No - for beating us :mad: - good luck to 'em but I'll be rooting for Bradford City all the way
  • far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    He didn't kick the ball boy, he kicked the ball!
  • Astra 1AAstra 1A Posts: 1,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ball boy suggested here he intended to time waste if he got the ball:

https://twitter.com/CHARLIEM0RGAN/status/294135719700602881

Check the link, he did exactly what 'Chloe' suggested.

Disgusting antics, Swansea need to punished for the conduct of their staff on top of any multi match ban for Hazard.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 429
    Forum Member
    O'Neill wrote: »
    Replay shows he clearly kicked the ball boy, not the ball, how can this be defended, seriously??

He's lying on the ball, moving it around to prevent Hazard getting to it, so Hazard kicks at the ball. The ball then pops out the other side. Job done.
  • CoenCoen Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    The same would have happened at any other ground in the country.

If you have a been a ballboy for the club you support you occassionally do things like that.

Exactly, ball boys have been wasting time for years at grounds up and down the country. Time wasting by ball boys is hardly a new development, I've seen it happen loads. Home crowds will often cheer them when they do it if it's blatant enough. It's never been singled out as an issue before because, well, it isnt really an issue - it only wastes a few seconds and usually the refs pick up on it anyway.

It's just unusual for a player to react to it in the way Hazard did...
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    Good luck proving he intended to kick him in the ribs. The ball boy was laying on the ball and his twitter post suggesting he intended to time waste tonight would suggest it was intentional.

Hazard kicked him in the ribs. Intentional or not, that's what he did. He should have just waited for the kid to give him the ball, no matter how long he took over it, or ask the ref to sort it out.
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Cryolemon wrote: »
    Again, it doesn't matter. He clearly kicked him in the ribs. If someone reports it the police will get involved. If the ball boy is under 16 (hard to tell to be honest, from the pictures he could be anything from 15 to about 25) then Hazard could go to prison.

One of his tweets says his 18th is in August, so he's 17.

https://twitter.com/CHARLIEM0RGAN/status/293355026229911553
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Not the first time a chelsea player attacks a youngster at the football.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx7wJq0BgP0
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So is it just me who thought the whole thing was funny as f**k? :D
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    far2cool wrote: »

Are you blind?

Put some glasses on and watch it again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder if the ball boy is gonna get a call from a claims company "Have YOU been booted in the ribs by Premier League footballer? No win no fee"
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    Jesus, if players were booted every time they wasted time or cheated, every game in the premiership would end up with about two players left on the field at full time!

Yeah but players don't lay on the ground with the ball under them, do they? The chelsea player's defence is he was trying to recover the ball from under a ball boy who was wasting time, by the kids own admission.

And regardless, I still think the ball boy milked it for all it was worth. He even gestured at the referee.
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    far2cool wrote: »

Watch the replay, it's pretty clear.
    Yeah but players don't lay on the ground with the ball under them, do they?

They have done before.
  • far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    Are you blind?

Put some glasses on and watch it again.

I'm not, and I've seen it many times.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »

FINALLY - the voice of reason :D:D:D
  • O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    Groundhog wrote: »
    He's lying on the ball, moving it around to prevent Hazard getting to it, so Hazard kicks at the ball. The ball then pops out the other side. Job done.

Kicks the ball boy to get to the ball in my opinion, it'll be interesting to see what action the FA take.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AbMan51 wrote: »
    And why not? Yes the ballboy is a bit of a **** going by his twitter, but Hazard did NOT need to kick him. If Hazard acted with more professionalism and risen above the kid's antics then the ballboy would be the one being labelled as a wrong doer...atleast by eagle eyed football forum types as and the media wouldn't even bother mentioning it.

The ball boy played his part, but Hazard made it a billion times worse.
    Mr Teacake wrote: »
    Most ball boys time waste given the opportunity, doesn't mean you can go kicking them in the ribs.

That latest long distance shot clearly shows the lad trying to block Hazzard from getting the ball and then he dives on the ball and lies on it for a few valuable seconds . The player and his team mates were already frustrated by. Allmthe ball boys wasting time at every opportunity .

Also the TV side shot clearly shows the ball flying out the other side so he clearly got a good contact on the ball and in my opinion the player had no intention of catching the lad .
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hazard kicked at the ball, im sorry if it doesnt suit the media's hysterical frenzy.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know if this has been posted, but this angle clearly shows Hazard punted the ball out from underneath him, and the ball boy's subsequent play acting .. yes, it was a stupid, stupid thing to do, and he deserved the red, but the more I see this, coupled with reading his tweet from earlier on, the more I find myself landing on Hazard's side ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_1yNLpQI7M
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alexis07 wrote: »
    That latest long distance shot clearly shows the lad trying to block Hazzard from getting the ball and then he dives on the ball and lies on it for a few valuable seconds . The player and his team mates were already frustrated by. Allmthe ball boys wasting time at every opportunity .

Also the TV side shot clearly shows the ball flying out the other side so he clearly got a good contact on the ball and in my opinion the player had no intention of catching the lad .

Bingo
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously Hazard was a petulant fool and the red card was warranted. There would be far more uproar over the actions of the ball-boy himself though, had he been affiliated with Chelsea. And that's wrong. He and/or the club should be held accountable for him acting like a complete knob.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    homer2012 wrote: »
    All ball boys timewaste when instructed too.

Hazard was a fool and it could cost him the rest if the season and alot of money

Worse than that, it could cost him his job and career. How corrupt is this game getting now? That lad knew exactly what he was doing, and is now a local hero. :(
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Jamesp84 wrote: »

Yup, this thread is almost as funny too! :D

Lighten up guys no one died.