Would you be celebrating the deaths of these people?

Comments

• grauniadgrauniad Posts: 7,954
    Forum Member
    Sorry, wrong thread.
  • tellywatcher73tellywatcher73 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't really care but it would be nice not to have to see Cameron or Paul McCartney again.
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't celebrate the death of anyone tbh. Although I won't exactly be sobbing and tearing my hair out when that disgrace of a human being Joseph Ratzinger cops it.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never saw such a celebration of Margaret Thatcher with her death. So what about the following people when they die. Would you have a street party for those

David Cameron
    the surviving British prime ministers
    The 2 George Bushes
    Rupert Murdoch
    Mikhail Gorbachev
    Pope Benedict XVI
    Bruce Forsyth
    Gary Glitter
    Simon Cowell
    Paul McCartney
    Roger Moore
    Gerry Adams
    Ian Paisley
    a member of the Royal Family
    Ronnie Biggs
    Richard Branson

Only idiots would have celebrated the death of Maggie Thatcher. Loads of people up here disliked her a LOT, but only a minority would have been celebrating her death. You'd think she'd ordered the killing of thousands of people the way the minority were carrying on. The same goes for those who protested at her funeral as well. This sounds like I'm defending her but I'm not. It just comes across as very callous indeed! Also, Cameron's worse than Thatcher was, so what will people up here be like after he's gone? The right thing to do (for the people of the North and Scotland) would have been to have given their negative opinion of her and leave it at that. Glenda Jackson was a great example of doing this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't celebrate that Thatcher died. She had long ago become irrelevant.

From the OPs list, I wouldn't celebrate any of their deaths, but I would celebrate that Cameron wasn't PM any more.
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To celebrate the death of anyone would make me feel sub human. So the answer is no.
  • Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    Never celebrated a death and never will. Not even my scumbag first husband. I think there's something a bit odd about a person who could celebrate someone's death.
  • whitecliffewhitecliffe Posts: 12,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    Never celebrated a death and never will. Not even my scumbag first husband. I think there's something a bit odd about a person who could celebrate someone's death.

Agreed, no matter who they are they is someone who will miss them and someone that is hurting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    Only idiots would have celebrated the death of Maggie Thatcher. Loads of people up here disliked her a LOT, but only a minority would have been celebrating her death. You'd think she'd ordered the killing of thousands of people the way the minority were carrying on. The same goes for those who protested at her funeral as well. This sounds like I'm defending her but I'm not. It just comes across as very callous indeed! Also, Cameron's worse than Thatcher was, so what will people up here be like after he's gone? The right thing to do (for the people of the North and Scotland) would have been to have given their negative opinion of her and leave it at that. Glenda Jackson was a great example of doing this.

Well yeah, only hundreds.

Protests at her funeral were not so much about her, but public money used to pay for it. That was a disgrace. But this government gets away with pouring public money into all sorts... Al Qaeda in Syria now, it appears.

I didn't celebrate her death... but funnily enough the Conservative Party did, as it gave them a full week to flood the media with their propaganda and rub our noses in it. :mad:
  • spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never saw such a celebration of Margaret Thatcher with her death. So what about the following people when they die. Would you have a street party for those

David Cameron
    The 2 George Bushes
    Rupert Murdoch
    Mikhail Gorbachev
    Pope Benedict XVI
    Bruce Forsyth
    Gary Glitter
    Simon Cowell
    Paul McCartney
    Roger Moore
    Gerry Adams
    Ian Paisley
    Ronnie Biggs
    Richard Branson

No celebrating, mainly indifference, but the only death there that would upset me would be Paul McCartney's.
  • LiamforkingLiamforking Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

David Cameron
    The 2 George Bushes
    Rupert Murdoch - Yes for what he did to Anne Diamond after her baby died.
    Mikhail Gorbachev - didn't he do a lot of good for world peace?
    Pope Benedict XVI - made the world a safer place for Gary Glitter, so yes.
    Bruce Forsyth
    Gary Glitter - Yes
    Simon Cowell - no but my ears will.
    Paul McCartney
    Roger Moore - Why?
    Gerry Adams
    Ian Paisley - see Simon Cowell.
    a member of the Royal Family - no but if they ALL died at once I'd dance naked through the streets.
    Ronnie Biggs
    Richard Branson

Others listed aren't worth thinking about, but seriously wtf has poor Roger Moore done to anyone? Plus as a child he was a victim of scum similar to Gary Glitter.

edited.
  • manickangaroomanickangaroo Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »

Nothing wrong with being glad someone is dead if you really hate them with every bone in your body. Just one person I feel that about and would have a party if he died.
  • jim4bbjim4bb Posts: 3,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I celebrated Margaret Thatcher's death but not in the sense I think the post was intended. Funerals should be a celebration of the persons life not the fact they are dead. Perhaps its my age but I find the post funeral tea and biscuits (piss up) can be not as depressing as you expect but an opportunity to reflect on the good life someone had and a chance to meet old friends.

So celebration is not really the expression to be used here, perhaps jubilation, pleasure not sure but whatever it is hopefully I will live to see a certain smug Labour PM meet his maker.
  • Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    Nothing wrong with being glad someone is dead if you really hate them with every bone in your body. Just one person I feel that about and would have a party if he died.

I'm glad I don't feel like that. I have enough emotion to deal with most days without adding more.

I hate only one person as well, the shite who abused my daughter. When he dies, it won't really mean anything. It won't remove the memory of what he did. The consequences of it will still be here.

So what's the point in having a party?
  • Ben_CoplandBen_Copland Posts: 4,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you wouldn't celebrate their deaths, would you mourn it if they did nothing that affected you? Not aimed at anyone in particular.
  • Simon JacksonSimon Jackson Posts: 8,687
    Forum Member
    My first post here since the opening post. The reason why I put Roger Moore on there was just being associated with the comedy era Bond films which fans often despise

A few new ones from me to go along with the original list

Fidel Castro
    Robert Mugabe
    Angus Deyton
    Stuart Hall (after the recent scandal)
    Cilla Black
    Bono
    Bernie Nolan
    Esther Rantzen
    Angela Merkal
    Donald Trump
    Noel Edmonds
    Bashar al-Assad
    Clint Eastwood
    Ian Huntley
    Boss of Yorkshire police at time of Hillsborough disaster
    Peter Sutcliffe
  • lubaluba Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only Gary Glitter. I think he is a preying mantis.
    Dreadful person, people who harm children are
    like cigarette butts you find on the pavement, you just
    just put your foot on them and crush them to ash.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

David Cameron
    The 2 George Bushes
    Rupert Murdoch
    Mikhail Gorbachev
    Pope Benedict XVI
    Bruce Forsyth
    Gary Glitter
    Simon Cowell
    Paul McCartney
    Roger Moore
    Gerry Adams
    Ian Paisley
    Ronnie Biggs
    Richard Branson

Plenty there I'm not keen on, but none of them who's death I'd celebrate.

Incidentally, why Roger Moore ? What's he ever done to anyone ?
    Forum Member
    blueblade wrote: »
    Plenty there I'm not keen on, but none of them who's death I'd celebrate.

Incidentally, why Roger Moore ? What's he ever done to anyone ?

see post 92
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My first post here since the opening post. The reason why I put Roger Moore on there was just being associated with the comedy era Bond films which fans often despise

A few new ones from me to go along with the original list

Fidel Castro
    Robert Mugabe
    Angus Deyton
    Stuart Hall (after the recent scandal)
    Cilla Black
    Bono
    Bernie Nolan
    Esther Rantzen
    Angela Merkal
    Donald Trump
    Noel Edmonds
    Bashar al-Assad
    Clint Eastwood
    Ian Huntley
    Boss of Yorkshire police at time of Hillsborough disaster
    Peter Sutcliffe

Maybe I'd feel a sense of satisfaction if Huntley and Sutcliffe snuffed it, but not enough to have a street party. Not keen on the rest but I wouldn't feel anything either way.

Why isn't Jeremy Clarkson on your list ?
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't celebrate their deaths, but I wouldn't be grieving either. I'd actually be pretty ambivalent about most of them. I'd feel a moment of sadness for Roger Moore, but I wouldn't be in tears about it - that's the truth.

In the case of someone like David Cameron - I don't like his policies one iota, and my opinion of him isn't high, but I wouldn't celebrate his death. It wouldn't upset me - although if he died young, I would feel sad for his family.
  • chuckleberrychuckleberry Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robert Mugabe

I would be very happy if this man was six feet under and I am sure a very great many fellow Zimbabweans/Southern Africans feel the same
  • neversaydieneversaydie Posts: 1,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While the death of certain people might make the world a safer place, I still would not celebrate anyones death. To celebrate the death of someone is the most uncivilized behaviour possible in this day and age.
    As much as I disliked Saddam and Gaddafi their deaths where barbaric and a disgrace,.life imprisonment would have been more civilized
  • Scott PoplarScott Poplar Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't celebrate anyone's death. That's just Neanderthal. However, if a complete fiend died, I would feel some relief and closure, as would someone who thought I was reprehensible, when I died would, no doubt
    Forum Member
    more people since this was last posted

Andy Coulson
    Rebecca Brooks
    Oscar Pistorious
    Max Clifford
    Stuart Hall
    Rolf Harris
    Mark Bridger
    Amanda Knox
    King Juan Carlos of Spain