Options

Man United Supporters Thread (Part 47)

Comments

• Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member

This comment amused me:
    @ManUtd WHERES VIDAL THERE

I must have missed the part where you signed him. And before getting photographs of the new kit.
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For the life of me, I can't imagine why they would have placed Kagawa at the front, with Rooney and Van Persie....
  • Options
    Mike TeeveeMike Teevee Posts: 35,574
    Forum Member
    The Chevrolet logo is the problem, apart from that it's a pretty straightforward kit

I dislike it less than ours, though that could be because I don't like Standard Charter lettering
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    Need to remind Asian fans he's still at the club maybe..:blush:
  • Options
    JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member

I just think of the money they've paid and the fact that I won't be wearing it :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    I just think of the money they've paid and the fact that I won't be wearing it :D

I agree with you about the money. In the grand scheme of things, the kit doesn't really matter much, but I do prefer a 'V'-neck.
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yep. As long as it's red they can do what they like with it tbh. I don't mind it compared to some previous efforts but I'd not ever actually buy it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree with you about the money. In the grand scheme of things, the kit doesn't really matter much, but I do prefer a 'V'-neck.

I quite like a V but now Giggs and that god awful love rug have gone they probably don't feel the need for one.
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    Yep. As long as it's red they can do what they like with it tbh. I don't mind it compared to some previous efforts but I'd not ever actually buy it.

Its not hideous - its just the logo is too big. I think I bought one when I went to the Amsterdam tournament bit thats about it for me. Girls in football shirts when they're not going to the game is a bit Jeremy Kyle for me.
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If we sell Hernandez, we still have RvP, Rooney, Welbeck, Henriquez, and Wilson, so more than enough just for the one out and out striking role.

Henriquez Id forgotten all about him, he wont make it here, strike him off the list.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Henriquez Id forgotten all about him, he wont make it here, strike him off the list.

I've had longer lunch hours than Wilson has played for the first team so I wouldn't include him as an option this season either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had longer lunch hours than Wilson has played for the first team so I wouldn't include him as an option this season either.

Me neither, ive been stuck on a bus longer then Wilson has played first team football.
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the style of the shirt but that logo is horrendous. The hollow white mock ups I saw are much better.
    Its not hideous - its just the logo is too big. I think I bought one when I went to the Amsterdam tournament bit thats about it for me. Girls in football shirts when they're not going to the game is a bit Jeremy Kyle for me.

Don't underestimate how hot a lady in a well fitting United shirt looks Jo. It's second only to a lady in a red dress.

All a flutter I get :D
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nike's kits get more derivative and duller by the year. It's basically the same kit with a few changes to the collars and cuffs :D. Gimme Umbro any day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like the new kit, I wont be buying it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite like it. Don't want to see Fellaini in it.

If others don't, at least it might reduce the amount of FKWs at games.
  • Options
    kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    I actually quite like it, logo aside.

I like the neck and the sleeves.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Girls in football shirts when they're not going to the game is a bit Jeremy Kyle for me.

Same applies to blokes imo, at least once they're over the age of about 16 anyway. The exception is if you're playing.
    dmuk wrote: »
    I quite like it. Don't want to see Fellaini in it.

Fellaini's quite prominent in that advert they've released with it.

The cynic in me would suggest it's so that if he leaves he can be photoshopped out and replaced with a new signing....
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,511
    Forum Member
    We've apparently had a £4m bid for Daryl Janmaat rejected.

Feyenoord want £7m.

LVG has dropped him during the WC, he hasn't exactly looked great. De Vrij seems a much better option to me

Bloody awful and testimony to the global branding we now have - you cannot actually buy a Chevy in the UK anymore. They tried and failed as both Chevrolet and with Daewoo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »
    Bloody awful and testimony to the global branding we now have - you cannot actually buy a Chevy in the UK anymore. They tried and failed as both Chevrolet and with Daewoo.

I'm not too bothered about that. Our last two sponsors have been US firms with little brand awareness in the UK.

As long as they pay the money, more power to them.
  • Options
    kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    A girl in a football top and not much else can be quite sexy at times.

More this...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t1.0-9/s720x720/387139_391175434281891_1241639980_n.jpg

than this...

http://i52.tinypic.com/2lu76yt.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a suspicion of what that last picture was going to be, yet I still clicked it! :eek: :D
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What on Earth are you talking about? We haven't 'shown' anything of the sort. We've not played a match under Van Gaal!

Yes, you're right. I'd completely forgotten about the goal machine that is Henriquez.

Regardless of it being a tactical move, it was still a bold one. Tactical changes can be bold as well.

What am I talking about?? I am talking about the positivity that he has brought to the club, you cannot seriously tell me that it is the same as a year ago when Moyes was announced as our new manager?
    This appointment has got a certain level of gravitas, that was so lacking with the Moyes appointment.
    The goalkeeping substitution was simply indicative of a manager who isn't afraid to make big calls.

The raised expectation in sensible United fans comes from the fact that Van Gaal has a proven track record of success, combined with the obvious self-confidence that comes from it. None of that guarantees a thing though, and I'm sure that most of us appreciate that.

All of this is the polar opposite of Moyes, hence the optimism amongst us.

Totally agree with your last line, by the way.

The goalkeeping substitution showed that he was the man in charge, and he had full belief in his way of doing things, yes it might not have worked, there was always that chance, but to even go through with it, shows that he is a far better manager than Moyes.

To have someone come in and totally remove the doubts that Moyes had implanted into us, is great, and only bode well for our future.
    We've apparently had a £4m bid for Daryl Janmaat rejected.

Feyenoord want £7m.

Being honest, I haven't heard of him, but thanks for the update, it sounds like another link to yet another Dutch player though, perhaps there is something more tangible than that though.
    TheMunch wrote: »
    You could also sell van Persie and Rooney. You'll get plenty of money to spend on the midfield and defence and it won't matter about losing RvP and Rooney since you have the mighty Wilson and Henriquez ready to slot in right away.

I was only merely showing that we have the numbers in those positions, to not need anymore signings, not that all of a sudden Henriquez, or Wilson are suddenly going to be first team regulars.
    Until they get sold or loaned out, they are part of the first team squad of players, and so I was only saying that we have more than enough if we were to sell one striker (Hernandez), to not need to go out and buy another one to replace him.
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen that image loads but i've only just noticed it is comparing her to the statue :blush:
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Apart from the massive logo, which was always going to be there, the actual kit design is not that bad I think.

Better than a few previous kit attempts anyway.
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    kingjeremy wrote: »

I knew what that was going to be before clicking it. :p
This discussion has been closed.