Man United Supporters Thread (Part 47)

Comments

• batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »

Bloody awful and testimony to the global branding we now have - you cannot actually buy a Chevy in the UK anymore. They tried and failed as both Chevrolet and with Daewoo.

Yeah having a UK or even a local company as a sponsor would be great, but we have to be realistic here, we are always going to go with the company that will past us the most, and I wouldn't really expect anything else, I don't think it really matters if what they sell is available over here or not, that is not our problem, that is their problem or idea, all that is important is for them to be able to send the correct amount of money our way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheMunch wrote: »
    I knew what that was going to be before clicking it. :p

Harsh, but fair some say! :D ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Henriquez Id forgotten all about him, he wont make it here, strike him off the list.

Maybe he won't, but he is still here with us last the moment, and until he is sold or loaned out, then he is part of the first team squad, so is included on the list, whether I think he will make it or not is not up for debate (with all of the competition for places, I don't think he will either) within my point that I was making earlier.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kingjeremy wrote: »
    I actually quite like it, logo aside.

I like the neck and the sleeves.

I am glad that I am not on my own!
  • kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    Harsh, but fair some say! :D ;-)

I don't understand this post, what do you mean?
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,486
    Forum Member
    I'm not too bothered about that. Our last two sponsors have been US firms with little brand awareness in the UK.

As long as they pay the money, more power to them.

The money is great - I'm only bothered as it associates my beloved club with a really shi**y product
  • zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    Maybe he won't, but he is still here with us last the moment, and until he is sold or loaned out, then he is part of the first team squad, so is included on the list, whether I think he will make it or not is not up for debate (with all of the competition for places, I don't think he will either) within my point that I was making earlier.

What about Bebe?
  • Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What am I talking about?? I am talking about the positivity that he has brought to the club, you cannot seriously tell me that it is the same as a year ago when Moyes was announced as our new manager?
    This appointment has got a certain level of gravitas, that was so lacking with the Moyes appointment.

No, I can't. And haven't. And won't.

We haven't 'shown' our rivals anything yet. Van Gaal could be a bigger flop than Moyes.
  • TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    Osusana wrote: »
    The money is great - I'm only bothered as it associates my beloved club with a really shi**y product

Could be worse. You could be sponsored by someone like Carlsberg.
  • JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    f_196 wrote: »
    I like the style of the shirt but that logo is horrendous. The hollow white mock ups I saw are much better.

Don't underestimate how hot a lady in a well fitting United shirt looks Jo. It's second only to a lady in a red dress.

All a flutter I get :D

I'm takling more football shirts with leggings and cheap flip flops! Those kind are only ever snug due to excess lard :D
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,486
    Forum Member
    TheMunch wrote: »
    Could be worse. You could be sponsored by someone like Carlsberg.

Thought that post would be removed so thanks for quoting it Munchy - I only put shirty - not my fault that the forum stuck the asterisks in!
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was neither 'insane', or 'attention-seeking'.

Krul is a much more imposing figure, he would have been totally fresh, and it put a doubt in the minds of the Costa Rican players.

It was a bold move, but a clever one.

only downside possible now is if cijlason is below par in the semi because hes lost a bit of confidence.
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Actually like the new strip
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    only downside possible now is if cijlason is below par in the semi because hes lost a bit of confidence.

I don't see why that would be the case. The fact that he's first choice, ahead of a quality 'keeper like Krul, should be enough to give him confidence.

As long as the reasoning is explained to him, I don't see any issues.
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No No No No No No - he is not and has never been a part of our first team squad

I cant believe you actually believe this and have wasted time typing this, he is a member of Manchester United, but he is nowhere near the first team squad, evidence that he has near enough pent all is time out on loan, and has had no sniff of a first team chance.

He is not part of the first team squad, and never will be, he wont make it at Old Trafford.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see why that would be the case. The fact that he's first choice, ahead of a quality 'keeper like Krul, should be enough to give him confidence.

As long as the reasoning is explained to him, I don't see any issues.

well nothing was explained to him beforehand so their might be some anger/trust issues playing on his mind.

probably not though, it seems to have been a success.
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member

Doubtful considering he was the first one running on the pitch when Krul made the final save and celebrated with him like he'd just been told by his wife that he's getting a steak and a blowjob when he get's home.

He'll be fine.
  • JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    well nothing was explained to him beforehand so their might be some anger/trust issues playing on his mind.

probably not though, it seems to have been a success.

If I was him I'd see as a let off! The pressure was huge - I'd be glad to avoid it. Yes we know if it a went to plan you're the hero but being responsible for your country in a world cup must be awful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zieler wrote: »
    What about Bebe?

Bebe is a winger, or that is how I see him, so I didn't include him in my list of potential strikers at the club.
    No, I can't. And haven't. And won't.

We haven't 'shown' our rivals anything yet. Van Gaal could be a bigger flop than Moyes.

Yes van Gaal could be a flop, anyone could could, but come on be realistic here, what has he shown you to not be positive about the upcoming season?
    This time is already better than this time last year, we have made two very good signings for a start, which is vastly different to last summer.
    What we have shown our rivals, and the other clubs is that we are not prepared to take last seasons shambles lying down, we have come out fighting.
    There is more needed if we are to fully mount a title challenge, but at the moment things are looking very good as far as I can see.
    No No No No No No - he is not and has never been a part of our first team squad

I cant believe you actually believe this and have wasted time typing this, he is a member of Manchester United, but he is nowhere near the first team squad, evidence that he has near enough pent all is time out on loan, and has had no sniff of a first team chance.

He is not part of the first team squad, and never will be, he wont make it at Old Trafford.

He hasn't been in the past a part of our first team squad as he has been loaned out, but until such a situation happens (or he is sold), then I guess he could be an older age member of the Under 21 team, but until things are made clear as to his future with us (or non future as the case may most likely be), then it only really makes sense to me to include him in the overall squad of first team members.

If you disagree, fine, but that is just how I see things related to him at the moment.

I do agree with you in so much as I don't think that he will make it with us, so on that point, I am not going to disagree with you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes van Gaal could be a flop, anyone could could, but come on be realistic here, what has he shown you to not be positive about the upcoming season?
    This time is already better than this time last year, we have made two very good signings for a start, which is vastly different to last summer.
    What we have shown our rivals, and the other clubs is that we are not prepared to take last seasons shambles lying down, we have come out fighting.
    There is more needed if we are to fully mount a title challenge, but at the moment things are looking very good as far as I can see.

I am positive about the forthcoming season, where have I said otherwise?

The reality is that anything could happen, once he actually starts work. Maybe the players won't like his methods, maybe his tactics won't suit the Premier League, maybe Van Persie, Rooney and Hernandez will all come down with a serious illness and we'll HAVE to play bloody Henriquez up front. Who knows? That's the point, nobody does, so crowing about 'showing our rivals' anything is premature at best.
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The shirt is getting absolutely panned on the Official United Facebook post. :D

Co-incidently, most people also saying that the hollow white variant would be so much better.

Utterly vile. I hope they do something. It's time I bought a new shirt - but I'm not buying that vile dogshit.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is signing 2 long term targets (/ with protracted negotiations) a 'good start' or a 'sign of intentions'? I'm not sure. Going signing Vidal and a top CB like Hummels would be though.
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am much more positive about this season then I was last season no question.

But I also think that we should not be crowing about things saying that we are going to show our rivals a thing or two.
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,957
    Forum Member
    I am much more positive about this season then I was last season no question.

But I also think that we should not be crowing about things saying that we are going to show our rivals a thing or two.

Yeah i'm not expecting us to win the league next season but i expect an improvement on Last season, if we can get top 4 next year and maybe a cup, i would be over the moon. Not expecting miracles but like you more positive than last season due to the fact we have a world class manager in Van Gaal rather than an average manager like Moyes.
  • Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,466
    Forum Member
    Do not sign Vidal, Do not sign Vidal.

Please.
This discussion has been closed.