Retail Workers - What do customers do that annoys you? (Part 3)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,750
Administrator
ForestChav wrote: »
If this was on private land then you can't "fine" anyone, nor are any "special" spaces enforceable.
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1322994

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,324
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      The 1p coin is legal tender for amounts up to 20p.
    • c4ll3mwc4ll3mw Posts: 947
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      The 1p coin is legal tender for amounts up to 20p.

Is it? We take payment in whatever denomination its offered.

They chuck me on without any real training so ive took forged notes and allsorts without knowing! Keep asking to be trained but they are doing away with the cashiers service so wont train any of us! They just chuck us on and hope we balance!
    • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      hello all
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
      Forum Member
      Had a customer (and a member of the co-op society) complaining about the lack of security tonight and I thought she was going to lose it after I told her the place had already been robbed that week. And what happens later? The place gets robbed AGAIN but this time the same guy (it was him who robbed the place previously) pulled a knife.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,324
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      motsy wrote: »
      Had a customer (and a member of the co-op society) complaining about the lack of security tonight and I thought she was going to lose it after I told her the place had already been robbed that week. And what happens later? The place gets robbed AGAIN but this time the same guy (it was him who robbed the place previously) pulled a knife.

did he get anything nice?
      Forum Member

Only some champagne.
    • MrsWatermelonMrsWatermelon Posts: 3,209
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Everyone was remarkably pleasant yesterday. Maybe the Christmas spirit has got into them?
    • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Did nightshift last night to get January Sales on for Christmas Eve opening, and we had people queued up outside the shop at 6am this morning - couple charged in through the doors as asked if they were the first customers in the shop and when they were told yes, they looked really pleased and were smiling.

Why would anyone queue up outside a shop just sos they can be the first ones in, at such an ungodley hour.
    • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      On Fri, 23 Dec I posted the following
      The good weaather seems to be bringing out customers in the load full, and xmas eve looks like it going to be a bumper time for the shops

Xmas sales for Thu 22 Dec......£400,000, and were expecting atleast £500,000 for 23 Dec, and maybe if enough customers come through shop on Xmas Eve....a cool £750,000

Some of the other bigger stores reported sales of £500,00 for 22 Dec, and expect to take £1,000,000 on 24 Dec

So it begs to question, where is everyone getting the money, arent we all skint

Today 23 Dec has been a very strange day, and a very pleasant one aswell

First of all, sales for 22 Dec was £490,000, £10,000 short of the £500,000 mark, now the targe tfor the 23 Dec had to be revised, as we were very quite, and as our manager put it, where are the customers, he recons we will take just under £400,000

Today at the till we had one customer plus one, where as 22 Dec it was one customer plus 7-10, and you wertent ablke to move freely round shop, where as today, you could, and even count the customers

Customers realy friendly and chatty for a change, only one gripe, as we were about to close, an asian came to one of the checkout, with 100 loafs reduce to 1p each, and 50 cakes reduced to 1p each...now I wonder what he going to do with them all

Now at home, relaxing with my feet up
    • deev1ne0nedeev1ne0ne Posts: 2,161
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      roland rat wrote: »
      Customers realy friendly and chatty for a change, only one gripe, as we were about to close, an asian came to one of the checkout, with 100 loafs reduce to 1p each, and 50 cakes reduced to 1p each...now I wonder what he going to do with them all

He came to my store next, bought two fish, and then fed several thousand.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 435
      Forum Member
      Worked in a betting shop for 8 years. I had people in general and gamblers are the lowest of the low.
    • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
      Forum Member
      Why do some people find it so hard to walk past a barrier without knocking into it? the number of times this happens each day and we have to get up in between customers, shut the barrier and switch the alarm off. Alot of the time the people who set it off are the ones bloody moaning about the noise!
      Yes sometimes its children or people in wheelchairs etc. but the vast majority of time its adults not looking where they are going.
      Also it is so annoying when people ignore closing signs on checkouts. We have homes to go to aswell and we don't actually get paid for the extra 10 minutes or so after the time we are supposed to have finished.
    • gemmaovwales03gemmaovwales03 Posts: 7,183
      Forum Member
      I don't go back until thursday happy days!
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

Im back on Wednesday :)
    • hobbleithobbleit Posts: 10,709
      Forum Member
      ✭✭

I'm not back until the 2nd January. The joys of being on the sick.

I went in yesterday to get my shifts and the place was heaving. I was glad I wasn't there as I really don't have the energy atm.
    • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,700
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      When a customer asks do you have this in stock? Knowing the shop well you know it's never been sold in your store so you suggest trying Argos? You turn around and they ask another colleague the same question only to get "No I don't think we stock this".

In other words you are clueless so they ask another member of staff hoping the item magically is in stock.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      When a customer asks do you have this in stock? Knowing the shop well you know it's never been sold in your store so you suggest trying Argos? You turn around and they ask another colleague the same question only to get "No I don't think we stock this".

In other words you are clueless so they ask another member of staff hoping the item magically is in stock.

All the time, customers just dont trust us and think we are lying, and thatif they ask another colleaguegthey will magically make an item appear out of thin air.
      Forum Member

Only released (this is the same guy who'd robbed the place already during the week and pulled a knife out) to rob the place again on the next day (Christmas Eve).

No doubt Head Office'll want to know WTF's going on at the one I work at due to lack of customers and the thefts.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 305
      Forum Member
      When you hold your hand out to take the money off them, and instead they just put it on the counter.

Winds me up more than it probably should haha! :D
    • x_malibubabex_malibubabe Posts: 2,261
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      sarahlil wrote: »
      When you hold your hand out to take the money off them, and instead they just put it on the counter.

I hate this too! :D They're the first to hold their hands out for their change though! I just do the same to them lol :o
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 305
      Forum Member
      I hate this too! :D They're the first to hold their hands out for their change though! I just do the same to them lol :o

Hahaha I sooo want to, but I'm too scared!! :o

Another change related one is, say the total comes to £10.37 and they hand you a £20 note. Then they wait til you've just about got their change together when they go "Do you want the 37?" No, I've counted your change out now, bugger off!
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,559
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I was insulted once by a customer, I have red cheeks. And I have always hated this. The customer shouted at me what the F***s that on your face. :( I now wear foundation to cover it up everyday without fail.
    • TigerpawsTigerpaws Posts: 11,165
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      sarahlil wrote: »

Yeah it's one of my pet hates too even worse though is when they throw the money on the counter at you.
    • Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
      Forum Member
      Glad today's over with, lots of bored customers wandering around picking stuff up and putting it down elsewhere.

All day, all we had was bored students, bored schoolkids and bored families, schoolkids and students just arsing about, throwing stuff about giggling and snorting at each other trying stuff on, photographing it on their phones, told a good few get the fook out, and a happy new year.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Hate it when customers go around the shop eating things while they are shopping.

If they are that hungry they should eat before they leave the house, not stuff their faces while they are doing their shopping.

I just think its nasty and bad mannered, and technically they havnt paid for what they are eating.

What checkout operater wants to pick up a mars bar wrapper and scan it after someones slobbering chops have been all over it. :mad:

Thats if they even go to pay for it, quite a lot of the time you will find empty wrappers around the shop and people havnt paid for them
    This discussion has been closed.