Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, nice up-to-date pic in The Independent, showing Jones with Tom Barnaby! See the DS story for a pic of the new guy. Not seen him in anything before, but looking forward to the next series.
  • NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,150
    Forum Member
    It'll be interesting to see how the new partnership works. I'm sorry to see Jason Hughes leave but I don't think his partnership with the new Barnaby works so well. I realise it wouldn't be the same as before but I feel they've made him seem a bit dim.
  • Andy_EnglandAndy_England Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    It's not the same now that the original Barnaby has gone. His best partnership was always with Troy. The earlier episodes were also far more eccentric (and sunny!). The newer eps are a bit too run-of-the-mill for my liking. Almost like it's another series of drudgery for everyone involved.
  • susan24susan24 Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah no. I like Jason Hughes as Ben Jones. I agree that they've made him seem a bit dim since Tom Barnaby left, but I don't want another change. I thought they were lining him up to be with the new pathologist. Anyone know if he left, or was axed? I'm not sure I will bother with both characters renewed, I like Neil Dudgeon but he isn't Tom.
  • chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    susan24 wrote: »
    Ah no. I like Jason Hughes as Ben Jones. I agree that they've made him seem a bit dim since Tom Barnaby left, but I don't want another change. I thought they were lining him up to be with the new pathologist. Anyone know if he left, or was axed? I'm not sure I will bother with both characters renewed, I like Neil Dudgeon but he isn't Tom.

He left to make a career in hollywood
  • malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,161
    Forum Member
    He left to make a career in hollywood

Didn't he get a part in a pilot for the 2013-4 US TV season, so took the gamble and moved his family to Hollywood. No idea if the show got picked up although I don't think they announce what is been taken to series for a few months.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    malcy30 wrote: »
    Didn't he get a part in a pilot for the 2013-4 US TV season, so took the gamble and moved his family to Hollywood. No idea if the show got picked up although I don't think they announce what is been taken to series for a few months.

Yes thats it.
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just want Tully back - MSM isn't the same without her and her string of personal failure, thwarted ambition and dodgy squeezes. :p
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,374
    Forum Member
    Does anyone else think Neil dudgeon looks like an older version of David cameron
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Ben Jones as well. Always preferred him to Troy myself. Wish he was still in it but, as we know, everyone moves on.

Of course I will still be watching, I just hope and wish they would make more new ones. It's very well ITV keeps repeating the old ones but be good to have more than one/two a year to be honest.
  • Molly HuntMolly Hunt Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deleted - brain death !
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else think Neil dudgeon looks like an older version of David cameron

Yes, I do, when I first saw him in the role I thought he could be Cameron's older brother
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How offensive to neil lol !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    I just want Tully back - MSM isn't the same without her and her string of personal failure, thwarted ambition and dodgy squeezes. :p

Cully!
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No. Sorry can't see any resemblence myself..Neil is WAYYY better looking.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Cully! But she did get married to Sam Hazlewood's character! He played the farmer dad in Lightfields, complete with overpowering moustache!