Options

Colorado shooting suspect's insanity plea allowed by judge!

Comments

• Options
    BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    That's to be decided - it's certain that if he is found insane the NRA will breathe a sigh of relief

You must be torn between whether to roll your eyes at the possibility of him being found insane or the possibility of him being executed. :eek:
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welsh_pete wrote: »
    He was just a patsy.

I read that as 'he was just a pasty' .. doh ..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    da3bool wrote: »
    Naive and gullible some people are...

No, no, you're absolutely right. What he did sounded pretty level-headed to me. In fact, I'm off right now to check on mother.
  • Options
    BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    da3bool wrote: »
    Naive and gullible some people are...

Are you Yoda?
  • Options
    GetFrodoGetFrodo Posts: 1,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you can't fake being insane.

Maybe, maybe not. But can you prove that you're not insane? Coincidentally, I first came across the Mollath case today.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    Whether in jail or a padded cell, locked away is locked away.
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The guy looks mad as a box of frogs.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    Try telling Jack Nicholson that.

:D:D:D
    I read that as 'he was just a pasty' .. doh ..

:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So according to the replies in this thread be default you must be "insane" to be a spree killer.

Un-be-lieve-able.

The liberal disease really has infected the sane. This is a guy who posed with a model behind him and casually asked girls on dating sites if they'd still be interested in him if he were in prison.

In my opinion I hope Holmes is found guilty and executed. He killed a a kid of 6 years old :mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AndyJK wrote: »
    So according to the replies in this thread be default you must be "insane" to be a spree killer.

Un-be-lieve-able.

The liberal disease really has infected the sane. This is a guy who posed with a model behind him and casually asked girls on dating sites if they'd still be interested in him if he were in prison.

In my opinion I hope Holmes is found guilty and executed. He killed a a kid of 6 years old :mad::mad::mad:

what other explanation do you think there is for someone to go mental with a gun and kill people?
  • Options
    confuddledconfuddled Posts: 3,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what other explanation do you think there is for someone to go mental with a gun and kill people?

doesn't make him insane! makes him an evil, calculated killer...the two are not the same.
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member

Why do you want him to be executed?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    Why do you want him to be executed?

if more people like him were routinely juiced then more 6yr old's would be safe...i know who i'd rather have in the world.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    confuddled wrote: »
    doesn't make him insane! makes him an evil, calculated killer...the two are not the same.

what, if not some kind of mental issue, makes a person evil and calculating?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Un-be-lieve-able.

Oh yeah, sounds completely sane.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    if more people like him were routinely juiced then more 6yr old's would be safe...i know who i'd rather have in the world.

Yes, that policy works well in those countries that have the death penalty.

Not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what, if not some kind of mental issue, makes a person evil and calculating?

please, your question does nothing for the understanding of mental illness. is being evil an illness now? is every schizophrenic predisposed to kill?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    Yes, that policy works well in those countries that have the death penalty.

Not.

because it doesn't stop others doesn't mean we shouldn't dispose of those that have. why should you expect to live if you take a life in anything other than a tragic accident?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    because it doesn't stop others doesn't mean we shouldn't dispose of those that have. why should you expect to live if you take a life in anything other than a tragic accident?

What sort of life is prison or mental institution?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You brought up the whole keeping children safe thing, not me.

What does executing him solve? A quick, relatively painless death is what I would choose over a lifetime in prison, that's for sure.
  • Options
    PPhilsterPPhilster Posts: 1,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That poster you are replying to is likely referring to America (which she will probably deny but reason says otherwise) where she obviously doesn't realize or is ignoring the fact that the death penalty is not universal and is not consistently applied, even in states that have the death penalty. You can't simply say something works or doesn't without consistent and universal application.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    PPhilster wrote: »
    That poster you are replying to is likely referring to America where she obviously doesn't realize or is ignoring the fact that the death penalty is not universal and is not consistently applied, even in states that have the death penalty. You can't simply say something works or doesn't without consistent and universal application.

Nonsense. I didn't say or imply anything of the sort. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    PPhilsterPPhilster Posts: 1,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    geniusgirl wrote: »
    What sort of life is prison or mental institution?

For the former, a life the tax payer has to pay for unnecessarily.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That poster you are replying to is likely referring to America where she obviously doesn't realize or is ignoring the fact that the death penalty is not universal and is not consistently applied, even in states that have the death penalty. You can't simply say something works or doesn't without consistent and universal application.

It doesn't matter if we are talking about America or any other uneducated country - the death penalty does not prevent crime.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    For the former, a life the tax payer has to pay for unnecessarily.

An execution is free, is it?