Mrs Brown's Boys D'Movie

123457»

Comments

• MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radio1 are doing a piece about this right now on the Scott Mills show. Callers are phoning to admit they have seen the film and actually liked it and found it funny - they're disguising their voices and giving them fake names so they won't be recognised by anyone who knows them! :D
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The BBC has expressed an interested in making a sequel after the huge success of this one.
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    Went and saw this last night with the missus & we both enjoyed it as we both enjoy crude humour. I will watch it again, but will wait until it gets released on Blu-ray.

How long will it be before its out on DVD...I loved it but my husband wont go to see it with me . My grand daughter loves Mrs Brown but shes only 8 so cant take her either lol...
  • Rozzi RainbowRozzi Rainbow Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    I went to see this yesterday and really enjoyed it. I wasn't going to go at first because I'm not really a fan of the TV show, mainly because of the language. But I do think he makes a good woman and I'd heard the film was good (I'm glad I hadn't seen this thread before I went!). My dad went a couple of days ago and thought it was hilarious, and he hadn't been to the cinema for years and only went because he likes the TV show. So I decided to go and see what it was like.

At the beginning of the film I thought it was ok and not bad but nothing special. But I thought the end was brilliant - maybe it just took a while for me to "get" it as I haven't really seen much of the TV show. I don't normally like stuff that's too silly, but I thought this was done really well. I enjoyed the music and dancing, and thought it was a feel-good show. The cinema was almost full despite it already being out for a while, and everyone around me seemed to be laughing all the way through.

I might even start watching it on TV now ...
    Forum Member
    I went to see this yesterday and really enjoyed it. I wasn't going to go at first because I'm not really a fan of the TV show, mainly because of the language. But I do think he makes a good woman and I'd heard the film was good (I'm glad I hadn't seen this thread before I went!). My dad went a couple of days ago and thought it was hilarious, and he hadn't been to the cinema for years and only went because he likes the TV show. So I decided to go and see what it was like.

At the beginning of the film I thought it was ok and not bad but nothing special. But I thought the end was brilliant - maybe it just took a while for me to "get" it as I haven't really seen much of the TV show. I don't normally like stuff that's too silly, but I thought this was done really well. I enjoyed the music and dancing, and thought it was a feel-good show. The cinema was almost full despite it already being out for a while, and everyone around me seemed to be laughing all the way through.

Did you cry?????
  • Rozzi RainbowRozzi Rainbow Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    LaineyT wrote: »
    Did you cry?????

No, I didn't, but I can see why people might. It is quite moving. Normally it doesn't take much to make me cry, I think the overall comedy element rather than emotional/dramatic throughout stopped me.
    Forum Member
    No, I didn't, but I can see why people might. It is quite moving. Normally it doesn't take much to make me cry, I think the overall comedy element rather than emotional/dramatic throughout stopped me.

It was a good job I had some kitchen roll in my bag .....cant help being an old soppy sod :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    LaineyT wrote: »
    How long will it be before its out on DVD...I loved it but my husband wont go to see it with me . My grand daughter loves Mrs Brown but shes only 8 so cant take her either lol...

Who let's an 8'year old watch Mrs browns boys!?!
  • EmolgaEmolga Posts: 46,944
    Forum Member

I'd recommend watching the past seasons on DVD.
    Forum Member
    dbob wrote: »

Id sooner she watched Mrs Brown boys than Miley Cyrus twerking...swinging off a ball...or generally walking around half naked
  • Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are those the only two choices?
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dbob wrote: »

I saw them live once and there were hundreds of kids there. Brendan O'Carroll wished happy birthday to a 9 year old and a 12 year old in the crowd at the end.
    Forum Member
    JCR wrote: »
    I saw them live once and there were hundreds of kids there. Brendan O'Carroll wished happy birthday to a 9 year old and a 12 year old in the crowd at the end.

Ive seen him live as well and at the end of the show he brought his grand sons on stage. And yes I will let my 8 yrs old grand child watch Mrs Brown D Movie.
  • darren221980darren221980 Posts: 498
    Forum Member
    I went to watch this at the cinema last night even though i've never seen the tv series. I wouldn't have bothered but the other half wanted to watch it and thought i would like it.

It's the second time i've fallen asleep during a film at the cinema over the years. I was hoping i would like it so i could go back and give the tv series a watch. But i'm not so tempted to do that now.

The other half stayed awake to watch but wasn't as impressed with the film as she is the tv series.
  • abigail1234abigail1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw this the other day - I'm a fan of the TV series.

Once you get used to the total lack of swearing and TV studio laughter (I missed that!) and the fact that the story revolves around the market and not in the home...it's a fun movie and exactly what I expected. There were some real laugh-out-loud moments and a silly but fun story, with some weepy moments too! "Mammy" was brilliant, and there were good moments from Buster, Cathy, Winnie and of course Dermot. Rory was a sight to behold in his pink mankini and I shall never forget his floppy bared bottom as he ran down the beach - very brave! He was pretty awful though: he is NO actor! lol
    My main disappointment was that the rest of the cast spoke little or not at all. There was the gorgeous Trevor in full dog-collar and cassock, and he was in a lot of scenes - yet he was mute throughout! Not even one line. This applied to a large chunk of the cast, who were seen but rarely heard.

One of the best parts was the bloopers at the very end which were hilarious, especially the very last one - so if you see this movie, make sure you wait until the end!
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went to watch this at the cinema last night even though i've never seen the tv series. I wouldn't have bothered but the other half wanted to watch it and thought i would like it.

It's the second time i've fallen asleep during a film at the cinema over the years. I was hoping i would like it so i could go back and give the tv series a watch. But i'm not so tempted to do that now.

The other half stayed awake to watch but wasn't as impressed with the film as she is the tv series.

Mrs Brown is a strange thing to categorise. The tv series is littered with fecks and also the "bad" f word but its a kind of cartoon inoffensive swearing dressed up in a family environment which is still very warm and welcoming. The film is quite weird in that it is (imo) a bland version of the tv series where maybe you might expect it to be the other way around. The raucous bawdy belly laughs I found from parts of the series were (for me) non-existant in the film and like you I was struggling to keep awake and concentrate from about three quarters through. Obviously people see things from different angles, but overall I thought the film needed a lot more thought and was a rushed effort.

I would still say give the series a try, it has a completely different feel with the tight studio set up (and live audience) which Brendan owns and dominates brilliantly yet still augmented by the excellent ensemble cast.
  • pmbondpmbond Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Late October for the dvd release looking on Amazon.