Options

Ever played this game?

Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
Forum Member
✭✭✭
They meow at the front/back door, so you open it to let them in.

Instead of coming in, they sit there, three steps from the door, and look at you.

If you approach them, they run away.

If you close the door, they meow again 5 minutes later, you open the door again, and they ignore you, and so on, until they decide you've suffered enough, at which point they saunter in.

Comments

• Options
    rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep..I've just spent half an hour doing this with my cat

It was all the more enjoyable for her because my dog wanted to go out there, but wouldn't walk passed her

Shes now sitting on the sofa purring and doggy is sitting in his bed sulking
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When we used to have cats we played another game - I would start cooking and put the cats out of the kitchen, they would go out the cat flap and by the time I was back in front of the cooker all 5 of them were on the worktop helping themselves to what ever they fancied (boggers came in the kitchen window) this could be repeated several times a day ). :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bedsit Bob I know this game well.

It the look of complete smugness they give you that really makes the game fun!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    Yes indeed! One of mine likes to exit via the cat flap in the back door, then come to the front door and miaw to be let in. Of course, when you do open the door, he then likes to sit there smiling, and stretching, and scratching on the door mat. After a few minutes of this, you close the door as he refuses to enter. Then, five minutes later - repeat. This may continue until either a) cat has enough and comes in, or b) I have to answer a call of nature/the telephone (or whatever) and he then re-enters via the cat flap and sulks at me.

I love cats. :D:D
  • Options
    technology_lovetechnology_love Posts: 3,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EDITED:

Checked out http://www.simonscat.com/films.html

"Let me in" is my fav - enjoy!! :D

TL

ps: Yes, my cat loves that game too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 387
    Forum Member
    Yes, My cat always does this makes me laugh though i find it funny:o
  • Options
    gertrude hubblegertrude hubble Posts: 1,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine do a slight variation of this game and miaow at the back door to be let in then come through the house and sit at the front door miaowing to be let out again. They repeat this several times until I have had enough!!
  • Options
    Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They repeat this several times until I have had enough!!

Surely you mean until they've had enough :confused::D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sometimes i wish i had a revolving door :D I open and close it up to 50 times a day :D