Options

Amazon Prime - A number of films for only £3 in HD.

I succumbed to some of these as it's quite a good cloud backup system. These were Amazon Video titles not Blu-Rays.

I got for £2.99 in HD

Home Alone 2: Lost In New York
The Simpsons Movie
Mrs Doubtfire
Borat
Groundhog Day

The Parent Trap was another one, and there was quite a few for £3.99 too such as Forrest Gump, Bridget Jones Diary & The Truman Show all in HD.

They're advertised as "Cyber Monday" not sure how long they will stay at the low price for. Quite nice to have as instant playback from your Fire Stick, your PS3/PS4 app & the Android app if you've managed to install it as it's not on the Play Store.

Comments

• Options
    David_Flett1David_Flett1 Posts: 9,309
    Forum Member
    I succumbed to some of these as it's quite a good cloud backup system. These were Amazon Video titles not Blu-Rays.

I got for £2.99 in HD

Home Alone 2: Lost In New York
    The Simpsons Movie
    Mrs Doubtfire
    Borat
    Groundhog Day

The Parent Trap was another one, and there was quite a few for £3.99 too such as Forrest Gump, Bridget Jones Diary & The Truman Show all in HD.

They're advertised as "Cyber Monday" not sure how long they will stay at the low price for. Quite nice to have as instant playback from your Fire Stick, your PS3/PS4 app & the Android app if you've managed to install it as it's not on the Play Store.

Were these purchases or rentals?

These prices only reflect what physical movies of this age have been availble to buy for over a number of years. Unfortunately since a move from the video store to rental downloads even purchases the prices are much higher. Not exactly fair on the consumer as there isn't the same overhead such as manfufacturing and distribution costs let alone guesswork associated with downloads.
  • Options
    steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    I was going to rent bourne legacy - £3.50 hd or £2.60 for a used blu ray from amazon? Hmmmm yep I got the blu ray! Guaranteed excellent image quality though amazon video quality is excellent - wuaki was rubbish - sub 720/sd

You could probably pick those up on blu ray for similar prices.