Options

get well soon, John Hurt

adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33151261

Sadly John Hurt has been diagnosed with cancer, but his doctors are hopeful of a good recovery, and he intends to keep working throughout his treatment. Good for him!

Comments

• Options
    Isambard BrunelIsambard Brunel Posts: 6,598
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately, it's pancreatic, so it's all the more worrying.

I'm not really one to feel any more about celebrities than I would anyone else, but I'm sincerely hoping John Hurt says "No more" to this and gets better.
  • Options
    adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, as cancers go, that's one of the worst.
    But Hurt is a tough old sod.
    He survived goodness knows how many years of hellraising drinking, he even survived having that Alien in him, so fingers crossed he'll survive this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A top man and great actor. He will fight this well.
  • Options
    AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They caught it in the early stages, so it is definitely treatable. I'm sure we all wish John a very speedy recovery in what will be a very traumatic period for him. God bless you John.:)
  • Options
    ThamwetThamwet Posts: 2,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope he survives. Pancreatic is among the worst of all cancers, but as it's been caught early, he stands a better chance. He said his medical team was optimistic, so hopefully he will recover.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get well soon, Doctor.

John Hurt is one of my favourite actors.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3126482/Sir-John-Hurt-says-diagnosed-early-stage-pancreatic-cancer.html
    In a statement , he said: 'I have always been open about the way in which I conduct my life and in that spirit I would like to make a statement.

'I have recently been diagnosed with early stage pancreatic cancer. I am undergoing treatment and am more than optimistic about a satisfactory outcome, as indeed is the medical team.

'I am continuing to focus on my professional commitments and will shortly be recording Jeffrey Bernard Is Unwell (one of life's small ironies!) for BBC Radio 4.'
  • Options
    krikkiter68krikkiter68 Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    I'm very saddened to hear this. As others have said, he's a lovely man and a wonderful actor. Hoping he makes a full recovery, very soon.
  • Options
    tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So sad to hear this news! :(

I really hope he gets well soon and that he makes a full recovery! Cancer is a nasty word and disease! No-one should get it.

The sooner a cure is found, the better!
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    So sad to hear this news! :(

I really hope he gets well soon and that he makes a full recovery! Cancer is a nasty word and disease! No-one should get it.

The sooner a cure is found, the better!

I agree, I had it myself but only a minor version.