A Thread For Anyone, Any Gigs, and A More General Discussion of Everything (Part 4)

Comments

• mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,976
    Forum Member
    I'm off all next week :D

It will be nice to have it off.

I'm in retail so we don't get any real holiday. It's one of the many reasons that I want a full time job. It at least sets you up a bit more than where I'm at at the moment. Retail's probably fine if you are only looking to top up your money or if you are a proper member of staff with real hours as opposed to being a temp.

My contract could be ending on the 3/1 but they sometimes renew them week by week. One of my collegues was a christmas temp last year and didn't know where she stood until May this year.

Got any plans for Christmas?
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I technically don't have any Christmas hols as I have three essays to write. College will be closed but I can take books out of the library.
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    I'm in retail so we don't get any real holiday. It's one of the many reasons that I want a full time job. It at least sets you up a bit more than where I'm at at the moment. Retail's probably fine if you are only looking to top up your money or if you are a proper member of staff with real hours as opposed to being a temp.

My contract could be ending on the 3/1 but they sometimes renew them week by week. One of my collegues was a christmas temp last year and didn't know where she stood until May this year.

Got any plans for Christmas?

No plans, just rest and relaxation.

I do have a night out on Saturday so I went to Derry yesterday and got myself a nice shirt and a blazer/jacket to wear :)
    Forum Member
    No plans, just rest and relaxation.

I do have a night out on Saturday so I went to Derry yesterday and got myself a nice shirt and a blazer/jacket to wear :)

I'm supposed to be going to our staff Christmas party on Saturday night but we don't get paid until the 22nd, so nobody has any money. It's on a Saturday night so in that respect it's good planning because Xmas parties tend to be during the week but nobody has money until the 22nd.

Plus I have work early the following day, and I'm not off until Xmas day. Most people can work through a hangover. I can't, sadly.
    Forum Member
    Afternoon! I'm a bit annoyed at my favourite lecturer at the moment. I'm supposed to have Equality Law with her on Mondays after Christmas but she's gone and changed the class times. Some of them will be on Wednesdays now and that includes the first week back :cry: I'm kinda upset at her.

I had been anticipating the class and now she's gonna keep me waiting another two days before I see her. Her class times are up n' down and I feel like an alien, but then I'm not the only slave, er student, affected so I'm not alone not alone not alone. She's about to lose me as a student if she does it again and she'll get a piece of me. Perhaps I could email her heart and let her know what I think, but then she was born to make me happy and she's heaven on earth to me so I don't know what to do. She drives me crazy and sometimes I'm scared of her but the truth is that she's my brightest morning star and I don't know what I'd do if I ever lost her. I don't want things to become toxic between us. Maybe I should forget about it and go out dancin' till the world ends, but then it'll be preying on my mind. Over to you now...
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm supposed to be going to our staff Christmas party on Saturday night but we don't get paid until the 22nd, so nobody has any money. It's on a Saturday night so in that respect it's good planning because Xmas parties tend to be during the week but nobody has money until the 22nd.

Plus I have work early the following day, and I'm not off until Xmas day. Most people can work through a hangover. I can't, sadly.

I hate staff parties so I don't bother with them any more. Must be an age thing. We had a team lunch last week so that will do me.
  • starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    If you like Christmas concerts check this out. Stunning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv9i0e5OLlo
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey all it feels like an age since I've posted :). How is everyone :)?
    Forum Member
    Up to my eyeballs in work (bitvh) and anticipating classes with L.A. after Christmas. I was angry with her earlier but I've forgiven her now :) Her wand hasn't been too active lately.
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Hey all it feels like an age since I've posted :). How is everyone :)?

Hello! We were talking about you the other day (all good things!!). We were wondering where you'd been. How are you?

I'm good thanksq, but tired from working a lot. No time off over Christmas for me, asides from Christmas day. I have a couple of days off over New Year though thankfully.
    Forum Member
    Morning!
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kaspersky AV/Internet Security is quite good. You pay for it but it's worth it. It's the AV software of choice in my house. If you don't want to pay for antivirus then AVG Free is ok too. What Windows version are you using?

I use Windows 8.1, as I was able to upgrade from the Windows 8 that came with this laptop.
    Hello! We were talking about you the other day (all good things!!). We were wondering where you'd been. How are you?

I'm good thanksq, but tired from working a lot. No time off over Christmas for me, asides from Christmas day. I have a couple of days off over New Year though thankfully.

I may be working Christmas Eve but have been promised New Year's Eve off. I would find working New Year's Eve worse than Christmas Eve. Whereas Christmas Eve is the day before Christmas, New Year's Eve is the very day when Big Ben strikes at 12, so the day that we experience the change of year!
    Forum Member
    I haven't stopped today!

Glad to be curled up in bed watching "Home Alone 2". Got another long shift tomorrow.

What are you all doing?
    I use Windows 8.1, as I was able to upgrade from the Windows 8 that came with this laptop.

I may be working Christmas Eve but have been promised New Year's Eve off. I would find working New Year's Eve worse than Christmas Eve. Whereas Christmas Eve is the day before Christmas, New Year's Eve is the very day when Big Ben strikes at 12, so the day that we experience the change of year!

We always have a party on NYE so that's why I've requested it off. Plus I've worked a lot more hours than the other Xmas temps so they've given me a couple of days.
    Forum Member
    I'm busy essay writing. I know it's Christmas and all that but it needs to be done!
    Forum Member
    Evening.

I'm curled up in bed watching "The Holiday". I always watch this film around Christmas. I'm preparing for another manic day at work tomorrow. Thankfully it's a shorter shift but it's going to be busy because it's Christmas Eve. Hopefully by the time I get in it would have quietened down a little bit. I can't feel excited about Christmas until I finish tomorrow.

How are you all?
    Forum Member
    Evening!
    Forum Member
    Evening!

How are you all?

I'm curled up on the sofa with Baileys watching "Love Actually". It's a Christmas Eve tradition. :)

Merry Christmas everyone.
    Forum Member
    I'm just having some tea and browsing the web before going to bed. I'm laying off the essay writing now 'til Boxing Day probably. Merry Christmas!
    Forum Member
    Happy Christmas guys!
    Forum Member
    Merry Christmas :)

I'm just waiting for the dinner to be cooked. I love turkey :)

Everyone's eating a prawn starter but I can't stand fish so I'm skipping the starter.

How are you all spending Christmas?
    Forum Member
    I'm just eating and browsing the web. TV is crap! We're having duck and that's in the oven. What did you get for Christmas?
    Forum Member
    I'm just eating and browsing the web. TV is crap! We're having duck and that's in the oven. What did you get for Christmas?

I got Britney's Fantasy Twist perfumes :) there wasn't really anything else that I wanted. :D

What about you? :)
    Forum Member
    I got Britney's Fantasy Twist perfumes :) there wasn't really anything else that I wanted. :D

What about you? :)

Nice! I got Britney perfumes as well.I got Fantasy,another bottle of Midnight Fantasy and a Fantasy gift set.I got loads of other things as well :D
    Forum Member
    Nice! I got Britney perfumes as well.I got Fantasy,another bottle of Midnight Fantasy and a Fantasy gift set.I got loads of other things as well :D

Sounds good :)

I'm not that far away from my bed. I have work tomorrow sadly. :( shops shouldn't be open on Boxing Day. Christmas is a time for family.
    Forum Member
    Sounds good :)

I'm not that far away from my bed. I have work tomorrow sadly. :( shops shouldn't be open on Boxing Day. Christmas is a time for family.

Well I need them for college :D I find Britney perfumes keep certain lecturers away from me. What time do you have to go to work at?