Band Aid 30 Drops Out Of The Top Ten

Comments

• Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    Today!

I'd be very surprised. It's been out of the top ten already.
  • Options
    JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,103
    Forum Member
    Just looked on iTunes and it is at number 24 just behind Sam Smiths version of Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    Just looked on iTunes and it is at number 24 just behind Sam Smiths version of Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas!

That's what I mean. How can it be number 2 like the other poster said?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    That's what I mean. How can it be number 2 like the other poster said?

The physical single was released on Monday. It's behind Uptown Funk at number one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The physical single was released on Monday. It's behind Uptown Funk at number one.

Oh OK. I stand corrected.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,966
    Forum Member
    The top 10 sales this week is actually down on last year.

But saying 'record sales are not what they were' when last year they were at an all time high is completely innacurate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But saying 'record sales are not what they were' when last year they were at an all time high is completely innacurate.

If you count up music sales as a whole including albums and singles it is in decline.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If you count up music sales as a whole including albums and singles it is in decline.

True. But this is a single, not an album.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh OK. I stand corrected.

I think the confusion is that the iTunes chart shows Band Aid at number 24 but the bbd midweek chart update which include the CD copies sold show it at number two.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/updatesingles

So maybe the CD release will keep it in the top five at Christmas.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw the cd of Band Aid 30 in Sainsbury yesterday. I wondered what other tracks were on there as at £3.99 there cannot be just the one track. There are four tracks:-

Do They Know Its Christmas (2014 version)
    Do They Know Its Christmas (2004 version)
    Do They Know Its Christmas(1989 version)
    Do They Know Its Christmas(1984 version)

So it like a Band Aid greatest hits cd!

Probably the first time Band Aid II has been released on CD.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »

That's not true. I have it on CD from when it came out.
  • Options
    MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Greatest HIT morelike
  • Options
    IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can you donate to the charity without purchasing the single? What about if wanted to donate more than just a couple of quid? What about if you donated through Oxfam?
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IWasBored wrote: »
    How can you donate to the charity without purchasing the single? What about if wanted to donate more than just a couple of quid?

The Disasters Emergency Committee has you covered.
  • Options
    marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe if he pissed off and wrote a new christmas tune people would buy it. Instead we get the same lyric churned out again. I dont need another band aid version. What we need is better christmas songs. Its not that hard to write one. He should put more effort into it and not recycling the same crap!
  • Options
    marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »

Well i wont be buying, i dont want to listen to feed the sodding world over and over and over and over and over again!
  • Options
    Paul_PPaul_P Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    Wasn't Geldof pretty skint before Band Aid? Boomtown Rats not selling anything, house liable to be reposessed etc?

He did pretty bloody good from all the speaking engagements by the look of it.
  • Options
    Ally_BowieAlly_Bowie Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw the cd of Band Aid 30 in Sainsbury yesterday. I wondered what other tracks were on there as at £3.99 there cannot be just the one track. There are four tracks:-

Do They Know Its Christmas (2014 version)
    Do They Know Its Christmas (2004 version)
    Do They Know Its Christmas(1989 version)
    Do They Know Its Christmas(1984 version)

My other half bought the CD copy of Bland Aid yesterday, and listening to them all, a few times over the 1st version is still by far the best, it has somthing really sincere about it compared to the other versions i reckon...., although the 2004 version is not too bad either, ive never really got why that one was slated....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Paul_P wrote: »
    Wasn't Geldof pretty skint before Band Aid? Boomtown Rats not selling anything, house liable to be reposessed etc?

He did pretty bloody good from all the speaking engagements by the look of it.

Yes, he has certainly benefitted quite a lot from it.
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ally_Bowie wrote: »
    My other half bought the CD copy of Bland Aid yesterday, and listening to them all, a few times over the 1st version is still by far the best, it has somthing really sincere about it compared to the other versions i reckon...., although the 2004 version is not too bad either, ive never really got why that one was slated....

Rapping in the middle of it ARGGGHHHHHHH.:D
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member

I really liked Band Aid 20 too. That was released at a time I was big into music so it features artists who I really liked. The first one is the best of the bunch, but I wasn't alive when that one came out.

I still can't stand the latest one though. It's so dull, and just a complete lacklustre attempt to copy the sucess of whats gone before. It's lazy and downright shite.
  • Options
    sjamessjames Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been working every day in the middle of busy shopping centre since the middle of November at a Santa's Grotto, and surprisingly apart from seeing Band Aid 30 on X Factor, I've not heard the song played once in the shopping centre, but have heard both the original and Band Aid 20 played quite a lot.

I never got the hate for BA20 either, it certainly has more oomph and go to it than the latest offering!
  • Options
    TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We had Band Aid in '84, Band Aid II in '89, Band Aid 20 in 2004, and Band Aid 30 this year. What happened in 1994, 99 and 2009? Crops must've been good those years in Africa or maybe Geldof didn't need the publicity.
  • Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I felt the original had real emotion and they all cared about the people it was helping
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Currently at number 30 on iTunes and number 11 on midweek charts so it now look like Band Aid 30 will not even get a place in the Christmas top ten.