Carb Free Tips

SunnyBearsSunnyBears Posts: 70
Forum Member
Hey,

Has anyone tried a low carb diet (not dukan) diet before?

What is your best advice for treats/snacks etc? I am a non-vegetable (I know, I know) eater but I eat meat and unfortunately love pizza and pasta.

Thanks in advance.

S

Comments

• maggie thecatmaggie thecat Posts: 2,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can make cheese crackers by gently frying shredded cheddar or Parmesan shreds in a non stick skillet or bake them in a moderate oven until the fat is rendered out. Larger ones are good for a toast substitute for breakfast. Small ones can be eaten as is or used as dippers.

Pork rinds have about a hundred different uses that don't involve dip. Google for suggestions.

Eggs are your friend. Boiled. Fried. Omelette. If you're used to sandwiches omelettes and fritattas go along way towards filling the void. Especially if lettuce wraps aren't your thing.

There are hundreds of low carb recipes out there that don't involve weird ingredients. Honestly, when you start looking you'll be spoiled for ideas, so try not to get overwhelmed. It's easy to want to try everything at once. Menu planning might be a useful tool.
  • maggie thecatmaggie thecat Posts: 2,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh since you mentioned liking pizza. You can pan fry or microwave pepperoni slices. Use lots of paper towelling to wick away the fat. All that's left is flavor. Dip in marinara sauce.
  • SunnyBearsSunnyBears Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    Mmm that sounds nice. I have spotted come chorizo egg muffins that look tasty too.

I am going to save real pizza for my cheat day :-)
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I go on a health kick I cut my carbs down drastically, well to nothing usually.
    I always feel better for doing so, but my love for such stuff is great so they will kick back in after a few weeks.
    I feel the best thing to do is just treat yourself as and when but do not go overboard.
    Are you doing it to diet or health reasons or a bit of both please may I ask?
    Forum Member
    I need to lose weight. Quite a bit. I have done Scottish Slimmers successfully in the past but my love for the gym has weaned and I think that as even if I am on a diet my day usually consists of toast for brekkie and a sandwich for lunch I am not going to lose anything as fast if I am not burning it in the gym. I also know that having such a heavy carb based diet is contributing to me being bloated and sluggish.

I fully intend to exercise for both health benefits as well as weight loss but I don't see me going back to my double classes ans 8 classes a week that I used to do.
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a thread in 'Advice' that may be of interest for you...
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2035289
    Forum Member
    Thank you! :-)