Comments

• rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can pick up a DVD of Jaws for 3 quid
  • lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with Rybev - for as long as I can remember, TV schedules have been amended to take into account for current affairs. I also don't think ITV pulling the film is "censorship" as the OP puts it. Get things in perspective

The OP does have things into perspective...
    Originally Posted by MrKingfisher
    i do sympathise with that poor woman who has lost her husband as i say i'm not that insensitive

Originally Posted by MrKingfisher
    Fair comment mate...sorry...my disappointment is greatly overshadowed by that poor womans loss

No one in this thread is the monster they have been painted to be by a few. No big bad.

P.s. OP the Jaws blu-ray is rumoured to be coming out next year. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jaws-Blu-ray-Roy-Schneider/dp/B003AQCZK4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313865689&sr=8-1

It is probably worth getting it on blu ray rather than waiting for it to be played on itv, who'll probably cut it to pieces any ways. They are one of the worst channels for films anyways.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    rick182 wrote: »
    You can pick up a DVD of Jaws for 3 quid

That's all I paid for mine. I have Jaws 2 as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quote: Originally Posted by Scubamonkey
    I agree with Rybev - for as long as I can remember, TV schedules have been amended to take into account for current affairs. I also don't think ITV pulling the film is "censorship" as the OP puts it. Get things in perspective

The OP does have things into perspective...

Lala - You have misquoted me.

If you read my post, it says "I also don't think ITV pulling the film is "censorship" as the OP puts it. " Please note the full stop after the word "it".

My post then goes on to say..... "Get things in perspective - Jaws has been shown about 4 times in the last 6 weeks."

I stated that I disagreed with the OP view that this is censorship. I then went on to say that the cancellation of a film on one night when it had been shown 4 times in the previous 6 weeks or so should be put in perspective. There is no connection between the two sentences.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    OK..so as OP atleast allow me the 'final' word!! Last night i was looking forward to watching one of my favourite movies in HD for the first time, and yes i was disappointed to find out that it had been rescheduled, granted having had one and a half bottles of wine it was perhaps not the best time to post a thread on here...but for the record, i am not malicious, insensitive or shallow nor am i stupid! I read and have listened to the story of that poor couple and was moved to tears. I apologise to all that i have caused offence to in starting this post, if i could delete it i would...i thought that this was a fun site but obviously there are some vitriolic people on here, i'll be careful when and where i post again