Susanna Reid

Comments

• moogheadmooghead Posts: 771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is paid to read off an autocue..nothing more or less. BBC breakfast do exactly the same but I would rather look at Susanna telling me this stuff than the 'serious' BBC
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mooghead wrote: »
    She is paid to read off an autocue..nothing more or less. BBC breakfast do exactly the same but I would rather look at Susanna telling me this stuff than the 'serious' BBC

Want to point out to me when a BBC news team member not named Susannah Reid has transparently acted like a starstruck schoolgirl when doing an interview with a celebrity? She was flirting with Alex from the Arctic Monkeys transparently and literally asked Luke Evans to bite her on the neck. It's uncomfortable viewing and unprofessional. If she wants to do that, wait until the cameras are off and she's not getting paid for being on the clock, it's meant to be a daytime morning show with news items, not The Word's I'll Do Anything To Get On TV segment or a dating show matching up horny mothers with younger actors and musicians.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Want to point out to me when a BBC news team member not named Susannah Reid has transparently acted like a starstruck schoolgirl when doing an interview with a celebrity? She was flirting with Alex from the Arctic Monkeys transparently and literally asked Luke Evans to bite her on the neck. It's uncomfortable viewing and unprofessional. If she wants to do that, wait until the cameras are off and she's not getting paid for being on the clock, it's meant to be a daytime morning show with news items, not The Word's I'll Do Anything To Get On TV segment or a dating show matching up horny mothers with younger actors and musicians.

If ITV had found the right person to become GMB's darling presenter, then it may have worked, but the public need to like her and want to tune in everyday, but it needs to be someone fresh, genuine, and loved by the public, and a plain looking middle-aged presenter, who's only talent is she can put on a nice dress, and who thinks every man wants to go to bed with her is not it.
  • boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    myscimitar wrote: »
    If ITV had found the right person to become GMB's darling presenter, then it may have worked, but the public need to like her and want to tune in everyday, but it needs to be someone fresh, genuine, and loved by the public, and a plain looking middle-aged presenter, who's only talent is she can put on a nice dress, and who thinks every man wants to go to bed with her is not it.

Middle aged but only 3 years older than your darling Charlotte.. I used to assume that you were a bloke, not so sure now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boksbox wrote: »
    Middle aged but only 3 years older than your darling Charlotte.. I used to assume that you were a bloke, not so sure now.

Maybe, but you never guess, Charlotte looks fresh and younger, the orange Ms Reid, looks very middle-aged.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Dearie, dearie, dearie me. Seriously, I mean, really?

I actually think she's fairly attractive - but even if she isn't to your taste, should 'plain middle aged' women be consigned to the dustbin now? Should all female TV presenters simply be aesthetically attractive:confused:
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe, but you never guess, Charlotte looks fresh and younger, the orange Ms Reid, looks very middle-aged.

This is getting old we know u dont like Susanna so I think it is time u gave it a rest
  • xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,870
    Forum Member
    let myscim have his say

he s entitled to his opinion too !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    stv viewer wrote: »
    This is getting old we know u dont like Susanna so I think it is time u gave it a rest

Ahhh it would seem youre the only one allowed an opinion
    :confused:
  • Bob_KnoobbBob_Knoobb Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miss Reid will be on Celebrity Juice Christmas Edition with Paddy McGuinness. I think it was always a question of when not if for Susanna regarding an appearance on Juice as ITV do seem rather keen on having other ITV presenters as guests on their various shows. Also while many presenters/ journalists wouldn't appear on this type of show Susanna no longer seems arsed about what people think about her and her pursuit of fame.
  • tony-wtony-w Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    stv viewer wrote: »

I am sure he would 'give it a rest' if you agree to stop posting pictures incessantly of all these female presenters - I was under the impression this was a discussion forum, not a picture repository :p
  • tony-wtony-w Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    Bob_Knoobb wrote: »
    Miss Reid will be on Celebrity Juice Christmas Edition with Paddy McGuinness. I think it was always a question of when not if for Susanna regarding an appearance on Juice as ITV do seem rather keen on having other ITV presenters as guests on their various shows. Also while many presenters/ journalists wouldn't appear on this type of show Susanna no longer seems arsed about what people think about her and her pursuit of fame.

Oh dear, I envisage Miss Reid on I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here to raise her ITV profile, No doubt in a bikini to appease the Twitter 'saddos' :D
  • kelvokelvo Posts: 3,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tony-w wrote: »
    Oh dear, I envisage Miss Reid on I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here to raise her ITV profile, No doubt in a bikini to appease the Twitter 'saddos' :D

That would probably get the viewers in... and that must make me one of the Twitter 'saddos' then, I happen to quite like Susanna so can I now not appreciate her or any other female who I happen to think looks beautiful or is wearing stunning outfit... and I have always been complimentary.
    Forum Member
    She would nt look out of place as a judge
    alongside Simon and Amanda
    Forum Member
    Sue has a massive 40 pages on this thread that I started in
    April

Poor Charlotte is still only 3 pages !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tony-w wrote: »

I said that ages ago, when she get's dumped by GMB, she go into,the jungle as the older female celb they always have, mind not sure she be happy in a bikini, as there would be a much younger celb looking stunning in one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I said that ages ago, when she get's dumped by GMB, she go into,the jungle as the older female celb they always have, mind not sure she be happy in a bikini, as there would be a much younger celb looking stunning in one.
    Susanna could shoot the younger female celebs out of the water with her killer body.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xxtimbo wrote: »
    Sue has a massive 40 pages on this thread that I started in
    April

Poor Charlotte is still only 3 pages !

Hang on... *wanders over to the Charlotte thread*

Charlotte is lovely, not sure what else there is to be said, although the Daily Mail usually do seem particularly fond of her at the moment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kelvo wrote: »
    Hang on... *wanders over to the Charlotte thread*

Charlotte is lovely, not sure what else there is to be said, although the Daily Mail usually do seem particularly fond of her at the moment.

Charlotte is lovely and great at presenting, so not much more to be said, unlike the naff presenter SR.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Meow...

She's 43 so I would hardly describe her as the 'older female' and she certainly showed up some of these younger 'celebs' in both that gold dress at the Pride of Britain awards (only have to look at the column inches it received... ;-)) and the red dress she was wearing at the TV awards a few weeks back - you don't need a see-through lace dress, slashed to the waist with a hem line an inch below the bum to make an impact, so why shouldn't she looked equally stunning in a bikini or swimsuit...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kelvo wrote: »
    Meow...

She's 43 so I would hardly describe her as the 'older female' and she certainly showed up some of these younger 'celebs' in both that gold dress at the Pride of Britain awards (only have to look at the column inches it received... ;-)) and the red dress she was wearing at the TV awards a few weeks back - you don't need a see-through lace dress, slashed to the waist with a hem line an inch below the bum to make an impact, so why shouldn't she looked equally stunning in a bikini or swimsuit...

Dead right.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Susanna would not be the older celeb examples from the past are Mo from Eastenders who is about 60.
    Janice Dickinson and Kim from kim and aggy are both about 60 too. Susanna is about 20 years younger than the ones i have named above.
    Forum Member
    Sue in that amazing gold Hollywood dress...

vid clip 1 min 13 sec

http://uploaded.net/file/7noec3om
  • SirMickTravisSirMickTravis Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she's a capable news/current affairs presenter but there's something about these news people. If you remember the sketches the BBC news team used to do for Children In Need, they were cringeworthy. It's as if some of the people in the unglamorous world of news want to break away from their geek status and get showbizzy.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't be bothered to watch GMB, it all goes over my little head. I just know Susanna is gaw-jas
    Thanks timbo!