Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 9)

Comments

• piratapirata Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    DreC wrote: »
    That Mayo comment doe, same person that was crying over "transphobic comments" but I'm sleep...

Yeeeeep. And lol at Demi being a huge worldwide star with major hits. She's successful stateside because she was given a huge Disney marketing boost and closely associated with the Jonas Brothers when they were big. It's no surprise she was able to garner stateside success, but internationally? Her singles chart about as well internationally as Little Mix's do. Maybe luner has some sales numbers I can look at to know for sure.

Also, I'm curious to know your point about what happened after the Neon Lights Tour? The girls returned home to perform a successful arena tour in their home country and released a third single? Are we acting like them not being popular in America is their only barometer for success now?
  • Melissa.Melissa. Posts: 1,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    luner_45 wrote: »

Is Zayn even interested in diverse girls or does he prefer old rotten Mayonnaise?

Trash. Then you have the nerve to come in here talking about racist comments.

You've shown your true colours.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pirata wrote: »

Also, I'm curious to know your point about what happened after the Neon Lights Tour? The girls returned home to perform a successful arena tour in their home country and released a third single? Are we acting like them not being popular in America is their only barometer for success now?

Yes, America is the only country that exists to Luner45 lol. If you're not on Billboard, you can't be successful.
  • casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is what the girls came home to.

89 Little Mix O2 Arena London, U.K. May 25, 2014 $772,257 13,716 / 15,380 1 / 0 $58.89, $42.06 SJM Concerts

89 Little Mix Phones 4u Arena Manchester, U.K. May 27, 2014 $437,039 7,936 / 8,210 1 / 0 $56.41, $39.57 SJM Concerts
  • piratapirata Posts: 324
    Forum Member

89 Little Mix O2 Arena London, U.K. May 25, 2014 $772,257 13,716 / 15,380 1 / 0 $58.89, $42.06 SJM Concerts

89 Little Mix Phones 4u Arena Manchester, U.K. May 27, 2014 $437,039 7,936 / 8,210 1 / 0 $56.41, $39.57 SJM Concerts

Not bad for a bunch of flops supposedly no one cares about. 15k seems quite small to me but the max capacity is 20k and I think for tennis, which is the only time I pay attention to the O2 mostly, it's probably around 15k or so. The big tennis stadium near me holds a little under 12k, and aren't the O2 and MSG roughly the same size? I'm thinking too much in terms of soccer stadiums, Real Madrid's stadium holds around 85k now. But that's a HUGE stadium, not a normal concert venue. Keep things in perspective, Pirata :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ Down, girl!

This was nice:

@CamillePurcell 8h
    I swear I'm so proud of @LittleMix. Love u girls so much ❤️ #strongerthanever
  • ShaynaJayShaynaJay Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *ignores the last pages* Hello hello, any new MUSIC things come out and about?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *crickets*
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Melissa. wrote: »
    Trash. Then you have the nerve to come in here talking about racist comments.

You've shown your true colours.

'Mayonise' is hardly racist in fact it's laughable to think someone would see it as racist when WOC and POC have had to endure far worse comments. Maybe when white people get attacked for their 'skin colour' and have experienced the prejudice and ignorant comments that WOC and POC have then get back to me with 'that's SO racist'. Absolutely disgusting...
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    JustArun wrote: »
    'Mayonise' is hardly racist in fact it's laughable to think someone would see it as racist when WOC and POC have had to endure far worse comments. Absolutely disgusting...

It's all about how you define racism. I'm a POC but I think calling white people "mayonnaise" is racist especially with the boom of popularity on Tumblr with using the phrase to ridicule white people that they don't like.

Anyway...

Can't wait for new music...hurry up girls so the topic can change in this thread 😝
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    It's all about how you define racism. I'm a POC but I think calling white people "mayonnaise" is racist especially with the boom of popularity on Tumblr with using the phrase to ridicule white people that they don't like.

Anyway...

Can't wait for new music...hurry up girls so the topic can change in this thread 😝

You're in the minority who view that comment as 'racist' I guess - but acting like that comment oppresses an entire race is laughable when far worse things are being said about POC and WOC on a daily basis.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    You're in the minority who view that comment as 'racist' I guess - but acting like that comment oppresses an entire race is laughable when far worse things are being said about POC and WOC on a daily basis.

Of course there are worse words than Mayo being used but it doesn't detract from the fact that the term is used to insult someone's race but we have too differing opinions, i'm happy to be "in the minority".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah soo..

I recognize Zerrie has brought alot of attention to the group. We all do. But if Perrie ever wanted (or could get) out now is the time. I can imagine Modest having a panic attack if they split up.

But this is why you have a backup publicity spot that you can milk(hello pretty girls)

So, have we started release date predicitons again?
  • shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    I love how people forget he dated 2 woc prior to Perrie.
    Anyway their relationship is the worst thing that happened to Little Mix. End it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty Girls Theoretical timeline updated

@InvisibleMenUk · Apr 1
    @MaeganCottone: @InvisibleMenUk I loved today so much! Team effort @LittleMix xx” < likewise

@MaeganCottone · Aug 8
    OMG

@LittleMix Aug 14
    Ok mixers all around the world.. We have a little surprise coming up for ya! All I'm going to say is keep your eyes peeled.. 👀 x leigh

(Possibly Cottone and LM find out Britney is picking up their track)

Sept. 5 MTVUK reports
    "Britney Spears has sparked speculation that she's working on her ninth studio album.

"The Womanizer hitmaker took to Instagram to share a snap of herself in a recording studio yesterday (September 4), much to the excitement of her die hard fans."

@InvisibleMenUk · Sep 17
    Great to have our gurl @IGGYAZALEA back in London!

thenewclassic
    6 months ago (Sept. 17)
    Simmer down #ItsIggySzn @aleherself #DidntWantMyPictureTakenAfterTheStudio
    https://instagram.com/p/tEzhyMrqFC

The Sept. UK visit puts her in the same location as Invisible Men, who produced Pretty Girls.

Nov 20
    @IGGYAZALEA would you work with Britney Spears?

@IGGYAZALEA
    i did and it was amazing.

Feb. 2 MTVUK interview with Iggy
    "There are pretty epic plans underway for the song that's all I'll say."

"We recorded a few different things and then one of those just ended up being, I think, undeniably great. Hopefully everybody will get to hear it at the beginning of next year.” [note: this was from a previous interview in 2014]

The Aussie rapper concluded: "I think people are really going to love it and enjoy it. It's a really fun track."

Feb. 23 - at The Brits, Jesy Nelson tells reporters that the Iggy song was written for themselves, but they "didnt feel it was really us so we put it out there for other people and apparently she [Iggy] wants it" (note careful exclusion of Britney involvement)

Mar. 4 - Extra interviews Britney about single
    "Its really exciting. It's very cool, I'll say that." When asked by Pauly D if it was something that he could play in the club during his DJ sets, Spears enthusiastically replied, "Oh, definitely!" Spears then added, "I'm going to meet her [Iggy] next week."

Mar. 14 - Dan Wootton reveals in The Sun that LM wrote Pretty Girls which will be Britney's upcoming lead single

A "reliable insider" posts
    "It was a coincidence that Brit and Iggy ended up with it. As far as I know The Invincible Men showed it to Britney while they were working on a different track and she immediately wanted to record it. So as you already said LM didn't have much of a choice in the end. But I'm sure they're more than happy about Britney releasing a song they wrote (by the way, I didn't know she was releasing this song first. But seems like she will it The Sun already heard about it.)"

Mar. 28 KCAs in LA -- hypothetical LM appearance, Iggy performing own track

Mar. 29 iHeartRadio Awards in LA -- Iggy nominee, hypothetical single promo with Britney

Possible radio premiere following???
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here I'm going to point out that this is as bigoted a sentiment as when Sammy Davis Jr and Sidney Poitier married outside of their race in the 1960s and got terrible grief over it. I'm calling out all those Twitter and Tumblr girls who are spewing the same line to "stay within his race".

People are attracted to whomever they're attracted to. This country had a civil rights movement to overturn outdated anti-miscegenation laws. And everything turned out fine.

Seeing as Zayn is Biracial both White and Asian if he dates white girls it isn't outside of his race. People are very quick to try and define Biracial people as one race over another when they're both. Are people saying because he's part Asian, he should only date Asian girls?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe they want him to date "brown". I see that sentiment a lot on Tumblr as I look for other things. Here's some on Twitter:

pretty sure Zayn wasting his gene potential on goras is illegal like idc if it's not me just marry a brown girl already pls

I JUST WANT ZAYN W BROWN GIRL TBH IMAGINE IF HE GOT W A HIJABI EVEN OH MY GOD THAT WOULD BE AMAZING

has zayn forgotten the colour brown

when you realize how many brown girls zayn could go with but he keeps going for blondes

IF ZAYN AND PERRIE FOR SURE BROKE UP WHY CANT HE GO FOR A BROWN GIRL DAMNIT

You can do a search for yourself.
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    Why though? He's multiracial himself.

How do I know? On the surface it looks like they're looking at skin color instead of the person.

I'm going to say this once and be done. I only know about this because of remarks made about Leigh-Anne and how more suitable she is instead of Perrie because of her ethnicity. I think its an ugly crap thing to say and it alarms me that I also read comments of people liking LA and Jade more than Perrie and Jesy because of their ethnicity. Like people because you admire their qualities, not their skin color. I am done.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe they want him to date "brown".

Why though? He's multiracial himself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My prediction..

IF they attend the kcas...

Last week of March- film first single video in LA

Premieres a month later (late april).

Out mid to late May.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My prediction..

IF they attend the kcas...

Last week of March- film first single video in LA.

Possible, but if the girls film outside of the country its going to be involved logistically. Plus are they going to bring all their male dancers out too or do something different this time? If they do a video in LA, I hope they dont do the trite frolic on the beach or out in the Joshua tree desert every other singer has done from the UK.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they would film it in a warehouse... In la. Lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^You have 5 minutes more for this world. Start praying.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just hope they do align single 1 with a BGT preformance. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Mayonise' is hardly racist in fact it's laughable to think someone would see it as racist when WOC and POC have had to endure far worse comments. Maybe when white people get attacked for their 'skin colour' and have experienced the prejudice and ignorant comments that WOC and POC have then get back to me with 'that's SO racist'. Absolutely disgusting...

Whatever. I'm mixed race and it's still insulting to that race regardless. I didn't say it was worse than what others have had to endure. But it's still a derogatory term, to insult another racial group. You don't end racism by being racist towards a race that made you oppressed. It's silly.

You and Luner love to come in here taking a moral high ground when you both, have thrown around some of the most vile insults. Who are you trying to fool? Lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The naysayers don't like when you show them that lol.

If they tried 1K venue sizes in the US, the tour could have been possible but they wouldn't have made much money at all. Not compared to the UK tour anyway.
This discussion has been closed.