Options

Snakes on a Plane

MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
Forum Member
✭✭
How did they get away with it? It could have been good but it was total bollocks. The snakes didn't even look real. Or am I missing something and was it supposed to be funny?

Comments

• Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't believe the hype.

Although the mile high club scene was great.:D

Edit.. and the annoying little dog.
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't this written by people on the internet?

I must admit that it was better than I expected and I think not to be taken too seriously.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
    Forum Member
    Why what is it about?

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WHAT? Did the title not give it away? I absolutely loved it, cheesy, ridiculous story line? Samuel L Jackson told them he would do it just on the strength of the title alone, no script required!

Actually, it was surprisingly good, some great action, gore and laughs. Oh, and Samuel L Jackson obviously:D
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not a film that is meant to be taken seriously, more just a bit of fun for a couple of hours.

I loved it, went to see it when it came out. :)
  • Options
    gorgeousgirlgorgeousgirl Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    I love love love this film! Its worth watching just for the bit when Samuel L Jackson says "Enough is enough, I've had it with these mother f**king snakes on this mother f**king plane!"
  • Options
    NectarNectar Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Menk wrote: »
    Or am I missing something and was it supposed to be funny?

It's called Snakes On A Plane. What, apart from snakes on an aeroplane, were you expecting? And at what point did you think it wasn't supposed to be funny?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love love love this film! Its worth watching just for the bit when Samuel L Jackson says "Enough is enough, I've had it with these mother f**king snakes on this mother f**king plane!"

"Oh, that's just great... snakes on CRACK..." :D

I think the film does exactly what it says on the tin - an entertaining action thriller that doesn't take itself seriously at all - if only other films could've done this (Day After Tomorrow maybe?!).
  • Options
    MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nectar wrote: »
    It's called Snakes On A Plane. What, apart from snakes on an aeroplane, were you expecting? And at what point did you think it wasn't supposed to be funny?

You are right. :o

I posted a little way into the film when I didn't realise what it was about. I thought it was going to be scary/tense.
  • Options
    nate1970nate1970 Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thing I find distracting with SoaP is that it's REALLY obvious where they did the reshoots / extra audio to up the rating from PG13 to R. Completely snaps you out of the film.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    treefr0g wrote: »
    Wasn't this written by people on the internet?
    No, but the title was just a working title and they were going to change it for release. Fans heard about it and made them stick with it. It's a great title. Unfortunately the film didn't live up to it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was one of those films that was supposedly going to change the way films were made.

Someone on the internet who loved the title came up with a spoof trailer and it became an internet phenomenon. Internet types adopted the film and wanted changes made to it and a lot of the suggestions (more gore, more nudity, the "I've had it with these etc" line) were incorporated into the film as reshoots.

It was all set to be an enormous box office hit and then when it opened no-one went to see it. why? well, it wasn't very good for one but also because everyone who spends as much time on the internet as those campaiging for the film did just illegally downloaded it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kupo_nut wrote: »
    Samuel L Jackson told them he would do it just on the strength of the title alone, no script required!

The title was changed after the film had been shot & they realised it was a grade A turkey in need of viral marketing.

Plus considering some of the guff he's been in lately "no script required" is Sam Jackson's modus operandi.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    revans9 wrote: »
    It was all set to be an enormous box office hit and then when it opened no-one went to see it. why? well, it wasn't very good for one but also because everyone who spends as much time on the internet as those campaiging for the film did just illegally downloaded it.

Good explanation... this is what the phrase "Hoist by your own petard" was made for, non?
  • Options
    moonvisagemoonvisage Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    I found it funny when i watched it the other night.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    nate1970 wrote: »
    Thing I find distracting with SoaP is that it's REALLY obvious where they did the reshoots / extra audio to up the rating from PG13 to R. Completely snaps you out of the film.

Yeah, but "Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherf*cking snakes on this motherf*cking plane!" is an absolutely genius line. When i saw it at the cinemas this actually got a round of applause! :D
  • Options
    ChanfronChanfron Posts: 430
    Forum Member
    I remember some interview with Sam Jackson's and he said some of the other dubs to MoFo snakes on MoFo plane line.

Enough is enough! I have had it with these monday to friday snakes on this monday to friday plane!"

or

Enough is enough! I have had it with these monkey fighter snakes on this monkey fighter plane!"

These were used to be able to show it on TV in certain countries.

The film is supposed to be funny and cheesy, I mean come on, its called Snakes on a Plane:D.

I did some a bit of some Z grade film on one of the Zone channels on sky called Snakes on a Train.
  • Options
    iainiain Posts: 63,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

one of the all time greatest moments in cinema!

Iain :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chanfron wrote: »
    The film is supposed to be funny and cheesy

Was it?

Julianna Margulies acts like she's appearing in a serious film the whole way through & all the mo-fo stuff was very obviously added post production.

If it wasn't for the title Snakes On A Plane would have been forgotten about 2 weeks after release.
  • Options
    Charcole911Charcole911 Posts: 6,353
    Forum Member
    I can't wait for spiders on a runaway train
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was a fun film. The cast and everyone involved knew exactly what kind of movie they were making and just had a real laugh with it. It's a great watch if you want some easy giggles.
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    moonvisage wrote: »
    I found it funny when i watched it the other night.

Just saw this earlier and cracked up at the guy going for a p**s and a snake pops up out of the toilet and bites his willy.

Now THAT is what you call a trouser snake! :D:D:D
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madusa!
  • Options
    Red-EyeRed-Eye Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    leaby wrote: »
    if only other films could've done this (Day After Tomorrow maybe?!).

I think South Park did that job for them perfectly! ;):D
  • Options
    PES 2009PES 2009 Posts: 1,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭