The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 45)

Comments

• Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaute's performance improves as it goes along.
  • orchoverorchover Posts: 1,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear i'm wide awake in bed and I can't get Skyline out of my head! Grrr...
  • contejascontejas Posts: 8,958
    Forum Member
    orchover wrote: »
    Oh dear i'm wide awake in bed and I can't get Skyline out of my head! Grrr...

May I suggest a gentler tune...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM3-aWJ5xvM

;)
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh that interval act was funny! :D
  • AxGAxG Posts: 25,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "It's been a very eventful evening and we would like to once again apologise for the premature publication of the Maltese results earlier tonight. This was due to a human error and rest assured we did not know the result beforehand. As you can also see in the final article, we do not have the powers to forecast the future, not even at the Eurovision Song Contest…"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't struck with Anina's performance, loved Winta's turn.

OMG the dancing bunnies!:D The Sirkus act is fantastic and the song comes alive with that routine.

I want a dancing bunny.:D
  • gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's an interesting map showing some info on where traffic to Eurovision.tv came from tonight. It seems Eurovision is very popular in the Baltics, the British Isles and Nordics, a bit popular in Southern Europe and not very popular everywhere else! :D

https://twitter.com/SietseBakker/status/297824831519481856/photo/1

I guess the darker areas have the best grasp of the English language so that probably accounts for it.
    Forum Member
    Wasn't struck with Anina's performance, loved Winta's turn.

OMG the dancing bunnies!:D The Sirkus act is fantastic and the song comes alive with that routine.

I want a dancing bunny.:D

Doesn't it just...I really was meh about the song...and now I love it...:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    contejas wrote: »
    Doesn't it just...I really was meh about the song...and now I love it...:D

If the Norwegian's have a collective brainstorm and don't pick Margaret, it has to be the bunnies instead.:cool:

Adelen's vocals were bad the first time, but even worse on the reprise, but that could be put down to the excitement.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    Iceland: Not a fan of this atm. It's quite forgettable.

Malta: I wasn't expecting Malta to send a song like this, it's different for them. It's nice enough.
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iceland is a big ugh. Malta is OK as I said on the night of the semifinal but staged very wrongly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    Not really sure tbh. It just sounded wishy washy.

It sounded like she had a sore throat to me, she was a bit hoarse and croaky at the start, which is a bit of a shame.
    And that won the semifinal? What the hell are the Norwegian voters on this year? :eek:

I have this theory that rubbish like X-Factor has destroyed children's ability to understand and appreciate music - most of them probably think that you're *supposed* to sound like you're making up a tune as you go along, picking notes at random that bear no relation to the backing track.

Well, it's either that or all those artificial sweetners and colourings in their drinks really is rotting their brains... ;)
  • rosetta12rosetta12 Posts: 4,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my, two shock winners for the morning :eek: Well, at least surprise winners... Was expecting Birgitta for Iceland and... well, someone else for Malta :p

If Egg of Life DOES get chosen I hope it makes Finland think twice about sending Mikael Saari as they both fill similar demographic slots (plus I looooove Krista)
    Ehh..? What "demographic slots" exactly - they're both ballads sung by males, that's all they have in common! :p And that Icelandic song is so boring, Mikael's is immensely better. :cool: (Plus I hate Krista's song...)

And like someone said, ordinary voters aka non-fans (in any country) won't know what's been chosen in other countries.
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have already done a complete U-turn on Skyline. I bloomin love it
  • LongBallPleaseLongBallPlease Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listening to Skyline now, I love it but on cos the dancing is awesome, chorus goes on a bit, could win though.
    Forum Member
    rosetta12 wrote: »
    Ehh..? What "demographic slots" exactly - they're both ballads sung by males, that's all they have in common! :p And that Icelandic song is so boring, Mikael's is immensely better. :cool: (Plus I hate Krista's song...)

You mean the "long hair and beard" look doesn't do it for you? ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    globbits wrote: »
    You mean the "long hair and beard" look doesn't do it for you? ;)

Long hair I love, but that doesn't change the fact that the song is boring :p
    Forum Member
    Long hair I love, but that doesn't change the fact that the song is boring :p

Oh Rosie...but THAT hair...really....REALLY?????????????? Must clearly be a fetish of yours...:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ What do you mean "THAT hair", I can see nothing wrong with his hair..? :confused:
    And yeah, I like long hair, wouldn't call it a fetish though :p
    Forum Member
    ^ What do you mean "THAT hair", I can see nothing wrong with his hair..? :confused:
    And yeah, I like long hair, wouldn't call it a fetish though :p

Egg and Leaf's singer (EDIT: Oh you see nothing wrong with his hair -- :confused: -- yup fetish ;))...on Mr. Saari it suits him...on Egg and Leaf man...well I want to chop it all off!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ Well, then it's you who have a (chopping-off) fetish, not me! :p
    Forum Member
    ^ Well, then it's you who have a (chopping-off) fetish, not me! :p

You can say whatever you want today -- I'm on such a high after Malta...:)

I need to find the video for Eric Gadd's performance -- I love that song...

And the dancing bunnies in Norway -- well bloody brill -- you could say dancing bunnies are a fetish of mine...:cool: After all name me a song that wouldn't be improved with dancing bunnies in the background...exactly...;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can say whatever you want today -- I'm on such a high after Malta...:)
    I'm only saying the truth, that's all... It was you who accused me of fetish to start with. :cool:
    Forum Member
    Watching over we're still kids (the MF version) ... shame it didn't get through -- preferred it to Gosa...
    Forum Member
    I need to find the video for Eric Gadd's performance -- I love that song...

The whole show is available on the SVT site at the moment:
    http://www.svtplay.se/video/995307/karlskrona/
This discussion has been closed.