Susanna Reid

xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,877
Forum Member
Susanna has been nabbed from the BBC and
Charlotte Hawkins has been nabbed from Sky TV ...
The big launch of ... Good Morning Britain.... is next Monday... 28th April .... dont miss it ....
( think it starts at 6am )

The BBC forced Susanna to commute to Salford to present their morning programme, her switch to ITV has put an end to that mad dash north.

Not sure whether Kate G is enthusiastic about the big changes, but she will still be around and a lot of the other familiar faces too.

Susanna and Charlotte... a hot blonde and a gorgeous brunette.... the new format has got to be a massive success for ITV .... roll on Monday morning !

go here
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2613056/Susanna-Reid-unveiled-ITV-ahead-new-400-000-role-Good-Morning-Britain-host.html

Comments

• mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is brought to you by ITV Press Centre.

BTW, no-one "forced" Ms Reid to go anywhere, she had a free choice, just as Sian Williams did, and she happily took on the commute, the additional day that went with being main presenter, and the relocation allowances.

She also had a free choice to move her home closer to Salford, which she decided not to do.
  • xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,877
    Forum Member
    Monday will be the glitzy launch of a new look for
    morning ITV .... it will put the BBC breakfast into the shade .... once and for all !
    ( lets not even think about the Famous Five )
  • lubaluba Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am wondering what they can do that has not been done before and failed.
    It has already been said, the BBC did not force Susanna make the move she made that decision herself.
    How can it put BBC Breakfast in the shade, they have much better presenters.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xxtimbo wrote: »
    Monday will be the glitzy launch of a new look for
    morning ITV .... it will put the BBC breakfast into the shade .... once and for all !
    ( lets not even think about the Famous Five )

Nothing that ITV do have ever put BBC in the shade, not as far as News and current affairs are concerned, or even Breakfast tv.

ITV's output has always had an amateur, cheap vibe.I mean Lorraine Insincere Kelly...need I say more.;-)
    Forum Member
    Susanna is on £400,000 per year... cheap vibe ?
  • jojoenojojoeno Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So long that she shows plenty of leg and cleavage she will be OK as her personality will shine through.
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just saw an advert for it and they are all behind a huge desk. I want at least the glimmer of hope of an upskirt amid the death and misery they will be reporting.
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    jojoeno wrote: »
    So long that she shows plenty of leg and cleavage she will be OK as her personality will shine through.

But she will be behind the huge desk, dunno what different this new show bring but it will go down same way as Daybreak
    Forum Member
    Was nt that the death knell for Frank Bough and his crew... when they changed over from the couch to the desk ?

Dont say Susanna and Charlotte.... Ben Shepard and Sean Fletcher are going to become
    ... the Famous Four .... ! as ratings drop and ITV get the jitters............
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing that ITV do have ever put BBC in the shade, not as far as News and current affairs are concerned, or even Breakfast tv.

ITV's output has always had an amateur, cheap vibe.I mean Lorraine Insincere Kelly...need I say more.;-)

ITV as it is now maybe, but TV-AM in it's day had 70% of the audience share and was the most profitable TV station in the world and won awards for its news.
  • Goblin QueenGoblin Queen Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She hasn't been "nabbed", how silly. She was offered a better deal and she took it - can't blame her for that at all.

That said, I can't stand the woman. Boy does she ever love herself. I have this problem with most TV presenters, though. Rarely such a collectively smug and self-satisfied bunch of people has there ever been. I can probably count the ones I do like on one hand.
  • fanstar77fanstar77 Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    This thread is brought to you by ITV Press Centre.

BTW, no-one "forced" Ms Reid to go anywhere, she had a free choice, just as Sian Williams did, and she happily took on the commute, the additional day that went with being main presenter, and the relocation allowances.

She also had a free choice to move her home closer to Salford, which she decided not to do.

She could have sold her house down south and bought a similar one for about a 1/4 of the price.
    Forum Member
    She hasn't been "nabbed", how silly. She was offered a better deal and she took it - can't blame her for that at all.

That said, I can't stand the woman. Boy does she ever love herself.
    I can probably count the ones I do like on one hand.
    So thats Anthea Turner and ... who are the other 4 ?
    Forum Member
    skp20040 wrote: »

ITV as it is now maybe, but TV-AM in it's day had 70% of the audience share and was the most profitable TV station in the world and won awards for its news.

Yes , probably a diff world back then in the days of Parky and Frosty.. the Famous Five were so smug, they thought they just had to turn up to win the ratings war,
    but old Frank Bough and his woolly sweaters had them beaten from the get go.

Probably TV AM were a seperate ... and small... TV company with shareholders nervously watching the ratings... ratings meant advertising... advertising meant money ..... whereas Frank had the endless zillions of the BBC behind him so he had no such worries.

I dont think Susanna and the Famous Four will have any similar pressures as in the days of TV AM so no need to call in that rascal Roland Rat this time !
    Forum Member
    OP, Famous Four, what do you means you on about?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »

I'm hoping the OP is just trolling - can someone really be so clueless?

Their comments about Charlotte being "nabbed" too...we need the rolling eye smilie.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So thats Anthea Turner and ... who are the other 4 ?

What?

Yep, absolutely trolling.
    Forum Member
    Goblin either stay on subject or butt out of this thread
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goblin either stay on subject or butt out of this thread

And now baiting, oh dear.
    Forum Member
    GOBLIN why do you have to post into a thread in a back biting way ?
    if you dont like the thread or the subject, dont post in it, ignore it , nabbed is just a turn of phrase... no need to make an issue out of it
    go start your own thread ... its that easy

This is a simple thread about susanna reid and the new show that starts on monday
    why do you post in this way ?
    I'm hoping the OP is just trolling - can someone really be so clueless?Their comments about Charlotte being "nabbed" too...we need the rolling eye smilie.

why post abuse ?
    ... wot is your problem ?????
    Forum Member
    GOBLIN why do you have to post into a thread in a back biting way ?
    if you dont like the thread or the subject, dont post in it, ignore it ,
    go start your own thread ... its that easy

This is a simple thread about susanna reid and the new show that starts on monday
    why do you post in this way ?

... wot is your problem ?????

But you start many threads about women.
    Forum Member
    Goaty wrote: »
    But you start many threads about women.
    is that verboten in the DS forum ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since I don't want a ban, I'm not playing.

Back on topic, will anyone be tuning into Good Morning Britain purely out of morbid curiosity? Maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised but I can't see it being any better than Daybreak. In fact I think it will be worse.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes , probably a diff world back then in the days of Parky and Frosty.. the Famous Five were so smug, they thought they just had to turn up to win the ratings war[/B],
    but old Frank Bough and his woolly sweaters had them beaten from the get go.

Probably TV AM were a seperate ... and small... TV company with shareholders nervously watching the ratings... ratings meant advertising... advertising meant money ..... whereas Frank had the endless zillions of the BBC behind him so he had no such worries.

I dont think Susanna and the Famous Four will have any similar pressures as in the days of TV AM so no need to call in that rascal Roland Rat this time !

The 70% and most profitable part came after Sir David Frost and the others it was with the likes of Lorraine Kelly and the unforgettable Roland Rat