Options

Resistance 2 - reviews are in

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    got my copy of Resistance 2 today :D and have to say what iv played of it has been great. only had one match online but seems pretty good to
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    US import?

Not restricted to US servers or anything then?
  • Options
    ZaphodskiZaphodski Posts: 4,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the beta multiplay only?
  • Options
    SiebenburgenSiebenburgen Posts: 3,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got the first one with my machine and I am in the middle of it just now [again]. Just to refresh my mind in preperation for Resistance 2. But there is no way in **** that Resistance 2 will better the first one. Better graphics and added gameplay elements or not. The first one is set in the UK with lots of countryside sections, and it is set in the UK. This next one is set in the US.

Seeing games set in US settings has been done to death now. That was why I liked the first Resistance more as it was fresh, for the areas you are in anyway. Yanky yanky yanky yanky. You hear too much about one thing and it does start to test you tollerance. Resistance 1 is really good for the locales of the game. No matter how good or bad we find Resistance 2 when it arrives it wont ever better the original. But yanks will say different as it is set in their land this time round.
  • Options
    ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Siebenburgen - It starts off in Iceland, then moves onto the USA.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    US import?

Not restricted to US servers or anything then?

yeah its an import not sure bout being restricted i dont think there is any because in R1 they released a patch to play multiregion.but dont think uk servers are online yet
  • Options
    SiebenburgenSiebenburgen Posts: 3,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Siebenburgen - It starts off in Iceland, then moves onto the USA.

It doesn't matter pal. It is still being based in the US for some of the game.

There is more to gaming that the US and there is more to the world in question than just the US and it's narrow minded gamers not willing to accept anything besides US themed games. This is why most developers make games US themed in one way or another so as to satisfy the simpletons there. And the rest of us are forced to take it or leave it, yet they dont say that to the yanks, they dont tell them to take it or leave it.

It would be really nice to see a game series that isn't infected by the US in any way what so ever. GTA, Resident Evil, Resistance, Saints Row, Far Cry, Just Cause, Syphon Filter, Tomb Raider [Lara's ****** co-workers that talk to her in her ear piece], these games all have yanky rashes in them. There are places and stories that will work in europe but are not used as often as they should be. No, it's the idea of lets make sure yankie boy gamers are taken care of, that's a must above all else it seems. And it isn't just American developers making US themed games, EVERYONE IS AT IT.

And one thing I must add about Resistance 2. It better have an improved saving system, and better check points. The check points were POORLY PLACED in the first one, something like fifity miles apart. And if they dont allow you to save anywhere, the check points should be closer together. That is a throat punching offence not to put them closer to each other.
  • Options
    the_polar_bearthe_polar_bear Posts: 709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    can't decide between resistance 2 or cod 5.

not a money thing, it's a having the time to play it thing!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter pal. It is still being based in the US for some of the game.

There is more to gaming that the US and there is more to the world in question than just the US and it's narrow minded gamers not willing to accept anything besides US themed games. This is why most developers make games US themed in one way or another so as to satisfy the simpletons there. And the rest of us are forced to take it or leave it, yet they dont say that to the yanks, they dont tell them to take it or leave it.

It would be really nice to see a game series that isn't infected by the US in any way what so ever. GTA, Resident Evil, Resistance, Saints Row, Far Cry, Just Cause, Syphon Filter, Tomb Raider [Lara's ****** co-workers that talk to her in her ear piece], these games all have yanky rashes in them. There are places and stories that will work in europe but are not used as often as they should be. No, it's the idea of lets make sure yankie boy gamers are taken care of, that's a must above all else it seems. And it isn't just American developers making US themed games, EVERYONE IS AT IT.

And one thing I must add about Resistance 2. It better have an improved saving system, and better check points. The check points were POORLY PLACED in the first one, something like fifity miles apart. And if they dont allow you to save anywhere, the check points should be closer together. That is a throat punching offence not to put them closer to each other.

Its 1950's America and not a lot of it is left standing!!

There is a fair amount of countryside levels and apart from the difference in cars could be anywhere.

Reserving judgement if its "better" or not until I complete the SP this week, but graphics are way better and the AI is very good even on normal mode. Superhuman will be tough on this one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gulf i cant pull myself away from my other game at the minute to even up wrap this its just looking at me saying play me :confused::confused:

then WAW on Friday

**chaos stands in the corner rubbing his head all confused not knowing what to do**
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    gulf i cant pull myself away from my other game at the minute to even up wrap this its just looking at me saying play me :confused::confused:

then WAW on Friday

**chaos stands in the corner rubbing his head all confused not knowing what to do**

Chaos i know your not that daft ? send it back and stay true to your heart :D

Oh and can you point me in the way of the hideout ? I got a message for that cnut shauny, i swear to god if that cnut kills me just one more god time time :eek::cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Jingles wrote: »
    Chaos i know your not that daft ? send it back and stay true to your heart :D

Oh and can you point me in the way of the hideout ? I got a message for that cnut shauny, i swear to god if that cnut kills me just one more god time time :eek::cry:

LOL stop reading my mind papa :D:D

ill PM u mate link

other game all the way LOL
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    papa your in mate
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playr reviewed it today - it looks sensational.

9.5/10
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just had a text off shopto, my orders been shipped.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reviews lie, the beta was 6/10 at best
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reviews lie, the beta was 6/10 at best

dont forget what the beta is....a cut down version of the proper game and its at beta stage so not quite finished, dont base your whole opinion on a beta is my advice...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have had this since mid last week as I inported it and I will be doing it alot more as it saves me waiting :D

anyways for people who get the game all I will say is on the chicago level its just like I am legend the film.
  • Options
    SonyJunkieSonyJunkie Posts: 1,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got my imported copy on Sunday and have yet to play it!!

I not that interested in the single/coop game mode, I'm far more concerned with the online side of things.

Has anyone played online yet and what's it like?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SonyJunkie wrote: »
    I got my imported copy on Sunday and have yet to play it!!

I not that interested in the single/coop game mode, I'm far more concerned with the online side of things.

Has anyone played online yet and what's it like?

Smooth as silk, I dont know how insomniac have developed the net code but CoD games would love to be this lagless.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smooth as silk, I dont know how insomniac have developed the net code but CoD games would love to be this lagless.

two words.

Dedicated Servers.

P2P doesn't work for online, COD proves it. Unfortunately they thought lets do this again to piss off our fans a second time.

Muppets.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shopto do it again - recieved mine just in the post 3 days before the UK release.

Got some revision to do at the moment, but them in going to give it a whirl this afternoon.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Games TM magazine have reviewd it. Gave it 8/10 whilst picking on some shoddy textures and constantly comparing it to Halo and Gears of War and used these as benchmarks to mark it against. Strange how Games TM give their front cover to the new Halo game, reviewed Banko kazooie as the first main review and then marked Resistance down based on 360 games?

They did the same with Unchartered, LBP etc.

Think I'll be cancelling my Sub rather than pay for a blatantly bias mag.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Mistake, must have got it mixed up with another game somehow :confused:

If it wasn't Haze I can't recall what it was, but I do recall one PS3 game getting good reviews but then been rather dissapointing once I got my hands on it.

Haze got a lot of hype in previews mate but when they actually got their hands on the finished game it got panned.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The single player levels are well concieved and very Orange Box influenced but the graphics are still rather PS2.5 in places.
    For every piece of pretty woodland there's a bland featureless interior of a house to roam through.
    Still, it plays well as does the multiplayer and the revised controls are welcome.