Resistance 2 - reviews are in

Comments

• dreamfishdreamfish Posts: 1,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm playing through this today. Already to Idaho which I believe is level 4 of 8 (so all in all it looks like the game is short). Since I'm not keen on multiplayer (IMO Gears 2 and COD play better online) I might trade this baby in once I'm done with the campaign mode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how long is the original resistance?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how long is the original resistance?

10-15 hours depending on which level of difficulty you do.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its a shame that player 2 in a splitscreen game cannot level up as well, my friend has levelled up a couple of times but that all just gets reset when we turn off the game :mad: Its only a minor problem as the coop mode is really good fun and having a splitscreen option is a huge bonus, it would just be nice if we could both level up.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    8/10 in the latest gamesTM :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first resistance storyline is awesome!!!!!
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I'll get this at the weekend :)
  • rehmanmohamedrehmanmohamed Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved the beta of this. I must go back and complete the first Resistance before getting stuck into no.2

So many games, so little time!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So.. i've had this game a few days and i've played single player for about 45 mins... not alot i know. However i can already tell this is gonne be a cracking storyline.. "I Like It aaallott"!

Now.. hmm .. the issue i'm having.. Multiplayer.

Now i wasn't a massive fan of the multiplayer of Resistance 1. There was some good aspects like the connection and lobbies etc.... but wasn't a hude fan of the gameplay. I.. (Like most people) prefer COD4 and this is because (when connection is good) .. its sharp.. quick and smooth. The online games are gamemodes are also cracking.

The main problem i have with FPS's like Halo, Quake, UT3 and now RFOM. Its not realistic and before people say.."Its not meant to be" .. well i know that. .. but taking literally more than a full round of a clip to kill someone is pretty darn poor! The maps that i've played are good and enjoyed some of the guns too.. (correct me if i'm wrong) but it takes ages to kill someone and its basically two people having a stand off and whoever starts shouting first kills the other person. A sniper gun should literally be one shot kill... yet its not.. It takes me 5 shots with the Marksmen to kill someone!!

I don't really know what the perks do for the guns.. as they kindda don't make sense to me... I know RTFM!! (read the fookin manual)

I believe after doing a lil bit of reading about the multiplayer for Res 2.. is that you can't unlock more guns and perks? Is this correct.

If it is.. well thats pretty darn poor to be honest.

If COD5 wasn't so poor with connection and is the most annoying game i'v ever played then i would probably sack off Res 2.

I can see alot of people not even bothering with the multiplayer aspect to be honest.

I have a couple mates waiting for me to give them my verdict and then they'll decide whether to buy it. Poor thing is .. i know they hate the Halo's UT3 etc.. which is a shame.. coz its pretty impressive is the single player game.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't be playing competitive multiplayer because of the health level situation.

I want single player and the online co-op. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aaronon wrote: »
    I won't be playing competitive multiplayer because of the health level situation.

I want single player and the online co-op. :D

Don't blame ya..

But to me.. Next Gen consoles.. is about about playing online with ya mates.. so co-op is good..

but i wanna be playing against other peeps..

Hence COD4 was outstanding.

Thing is.. i would probably enjoy it more.. if some of the guns were more damaging!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree totally.

People should die when you shoot them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree totally.

A big downfall to be honest..

It ain't lag.. so its just poor design really..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    Out of the games you mentioned geordie, i really liked HALO 3, i never felt you had the killing side was that bad. Is RES 2 multiplayer worse.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoping to get my copy sometime later today, but I am looking forward to it. I enjoyed the first one, even though I completely crap online.

I was going to buy Tomb Raider Anniversary, but having read what other people have said about it on other forums (bearing in mind these were people saying they thought it was good!?) I'm now going to wait til it drops below £20. I refuse to pay 40 notes for a game you can complete in a day, has no online mode, and the best part of the game (finding all the secrets) just gives you concept art?

Sod that, and I love Lara, but crystal dynamics ruined Tomb Raider for me
  • SonyJunkieSonyJunkie Posts: 1,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree totally.

A big downfall to be honest..

It ain't lag.. so its just poor design really..

Have you tried creating your own game and setting the damage level?

I remember in R1 we would have shotgun only games and set the damage to 200% & one shot kills!

I haven't set up my own game yet (only joined lobbies already running) so I don't know if you can still tweak the settings.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SonyJunkie wrote: »
    Have you tried creating your own game and setting the damage level?

I remember in R1 we would have shotgun only games and set the damage to 200% & one shot kills!

I haven't set up my own game yet (only joined lobbies already running) so I don't know if you can still tweak the settings.

No mate i ain't as yet.

They aren't ranked games if you create them yourself though?

I wasn't a fan of halo to be honest. I think the game itself is better.. its just the fact it does take a while to kill someone.. and while your popping them you end up getting killed by someone else..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am loving this game, but I stopped after Chicago so I could complete resistance one so I knew the full story as some parts in R2, I was like eh??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe after doing a lil bit of reading about the multiplayer for Res 2.. is that you can't unlock more guns and perks? Is this correct.

In the coop as you level up you get access to new weapons and also skills which you can buy at certain levels, I have not tried the competitive mode so I dont know whether you can on there, but I will be disappointed if you cannot also earn new weapons in that mode
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am loving this game, feels old school but yet satisfying too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am loving this game, feels old school but yet satisfying too.

I agree about the old school comment, its refreshing to play a game that is about over coming large numbers of enemies rather than trying to learn AI patterns. AI is claimed to be great these days but often only requires a little trial and error to learn there limits and outwit them everytime, the hordes of enemies in Resistance reminds me of Doom or something.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah the spinners are frightening just by the sheer number of them.
  • dreamfishdreamfish Posts: 1,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only have one level left. I'm currently in Iceland!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dreamfish wrote: »
    I only have one level left. I'm currently in Iceland!!

is that the part with the anti aircraft guns, if thats the case I have nearly finished
  • ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also back in Iceland now.