Alesha has fitted in perfectly

Comments

• barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, her laugh is definitely like marmite. I love it though! :cool:

For me, I admire her for being so enthusiastic about the show as a whole. You can tell she's in her element, and I'm not sure why but I can relate to her a lot more than the other BGT judges (it was the same when she was on the SCD panel). For someone who's had such a tough life, she makes me smile every Saturday for picking herself up and getting to where she is now. Some probably think she's only good as eye candy, but she's actually quite an informed and intelligent judge. I also think she has a lovely trait of laughing at others' jokes to make them feel better. She exudes lots of warmth and spirit - top judge!

Tough life? You make it sound like she was raised in a 3rd world country.:eek:

I do get what you mean. She has done well with all that stuff that went on during Strictly etc...
    She seems nice on Twitter, i must add.
  • Rose-AddictRose-Addict Posts: 1,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barcajaden wrote: »
    Tough life? You make it sound like she was raised in a 3rd world country.:eek:

I do get what you mean. She has done well with all that stuff that went on during Strictly etc...
    She seems nice on Twitter, i must add.

Yeah, I probably overexaggerated a little. :p I just meant with her having an upsetting upbringing (being bullied, witnessing domestic abuse) and then the Harvey heartbreak, being dropped from her record label, the ageism row at Strictly etc. I just admire her for keeping strong. I'd have probably given up by now!

Yeah, she always seems normal on Twitter. Very down to earth! :cool:
  • Vister:)!Vister:)! Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I probably overexaggerated a little. :p I just meant with her having an upsetting upbringing (being bullied, witnessing domestic abuse) and then the Harvey heartbreak, being dropped from her record label, the ageism row at Strictly etc. I just admire her for keeping strong. I'd have probably given up by now!

Also i Love how Alesha is so genuine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vister:)! wrote: »
    Also i Love how Alesha is so genuine.

Aww, yeah, love how she keeps in touch with her fans through webchats etc. She's wicked! :D She doesn't really seem like a celebrity to me, just a normal person!
  • Vister:)!Vister:)! Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww, yeah, love how she keeps in touch with her fans through webchats etc. She's wicked! :D She doesn't really seem like a celebrity to me, just a normal person!

YES! thats exactly what i said on a different forum, thats why i love her. Plus her laugh is the best! :p
  • barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yup. She's seems a good person. Not going to deny that.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just said elsewhere how well she has fitted in. I also think latterly she was coming into her own on SCD but I am glad she has moved over and would love to see her as an X factor judge. I think she would be excellent but I don't suppose she could do the two shows
  • JohnCurryJohnCurry Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, her laugh is definitely like marmite. I love it though! :cool:

For me, I admire her for being so enthusiastic about the show as a whole. You can tell she's in her element, and I'm not sure why but I can relate to her a lot more than the other BGT judges (it was the same when she was on the SCD panel). For someone who's had such a tough life, she makes me smile every Saturday for picking herself up and getting to where she is now. Some probably think she's only good as eye candy, but she's actually quite an informed and intelligent judge. I also think she has a lovely trait of laughing at others' jokes to make them feel better. She exudes lots of warmth and spirit - top judge!

Agree absolutely - and a beautifully-written comment.
  • littlebootieslittlebooties Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked her originally, didnt really like her as a judge on SCD, but think she fits in very well on BGT.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She fits in better with the fun element of BGT

SCD was restricting her too much
  • HazelKeelanHazelKeelan Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :):):):):)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Thought it very funny that she said she expected the ballroom dancing act to be boring (when that's what she judges on Strictly), but to her surprise it wasn't!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Alesha is covering herself in glory on this show. Every week she is more glamorous to look at and more interesting and likeable to listen to. I have been a fan of hers since she won SCD, and she just gets better and better.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked her until she was oddly nasty to Geisha last night. A simple no would suffice, there was no need for the bitchy attitude.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she was oddly nasty or bitchy at all - she was blunt and uncompromising but still reasonably pleasant. She never puts through rubbish acts, which this was. Judge for yourselves on YouTube search.

"[FULL] Geisha Davis - Britain's Got Talent 2012 Auditions"
  • Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alesha = Thumbs up!
  • Rikki65Rikki65 Posts: 8,449
    Forum Member
    sammyvine wrote: »
    She was crap on SCD.

It's good she left.

Piffle!!
    Forum Member
    sammyvine wrote: »
    Erm what?
    You honestly think more people watch SCD because of Alesha Dixon lol?

Didn't she get a whole load of complaints when the show started?

I watched SCD more once Alesha joined the panel, except for the year when she was a contestant when I didnt miss a second of that series, and she's the main reason I'm watching BGT this year as I'm not usually a fan of the programme. I cant imagine I'm her only fan.
    Forum Member
    AJ3 wrote: »
    I wonder how she got the job......

Same as anyone who gets a job. She was offered it, arranged between her people and Simon's people no doubt.
    Forum Member
    I liked her until she was oddly nasty to Geisha last night. A simple no would suffice, there was no need for the bitchy attitude.

Geisha, she scared the sh*t outta me. I agreed with Alesha:D
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I think she's doing well on this show. BGT is a bit more "fun" than SCD and it suits her better. I hope they keep her on in the future as a judge. They should also keep David Walliams on the panel.
  • jackiebopsjackiebops Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rikki65 wrote: »
    Geisha, she scared the sh*t outta me. I agreed with Alesha:D

I am positive that Geisha was on Snog Marry Avoid so seems to me like someone just wanting to be on telly for their 10 mins - perhaps Alesha recognised her !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched SCD more once Alesha joined the panel, except for the year when she was a contestant when I didnt miss a second of that series, and she's the main reason I'm watching BGT this year as I'm not usually a fan of the programme. I cant imagine I'm her only fan.

No, you're not! I notice that the camera is being kept more on Alesha these days - she is becoming the face of BGT.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JohnCurry wrote: »
    No, you're not! I notice that the camera is being kept more on Alesha these days - she is becoming the face of BGT.

Couldn't agree more!
  • ParnebParneb Posts: 5,676
    Forum Member
    Parneb wrote: »
    You are so right.

I had never seen Alesha before BGT, and am now a fan of her wonderful sense of good fun, humour and humanity.

I had never seen Alesha before BGT and wholeheartedly agree with you.........she is perfect for BGT.