Tvs without analogue tuners?

2»

Comments

• Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,335
    Forum Member
    mlayzell wrote: »
    I am not sure if this is standard but on my 2 years old Sony TV now there are no Analogue available channels it always defaults to Digital even if you press the Analogue/Digital button on the remote. I can live with this especially after the thread I started a few years ago on this forum called Digital Only TV's that gave me a bit of flack:)

That's a 'feature' (and a VERY good one), as there are no analogue stations tuned in the set disables the analogue digital switching (thus preventing accidentally switching back to analogue).

I wonder if this is perhaps what's confusing V?.
  • 1andrew11andrew1 Posts: 4,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a 'feature' (and a VERY good one), as there are no analogue stations tuned in the set disables the analogue digital switching (thus preventing accidentally switching back to analogue)

Best of both worlds.
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a 'feature' (and a VERY good one), as there are no analogue stations tuned in the set disables the analogue digital switching (thus preventing accidentally switching back to analogue).

I wonder if this is perhaps what's confusing V?.
    That would of been very useful for my F-in-law. The times I've had to talk him through on the phone where to find the right button on his remote to switch back to digital. Bless him!
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,335
    Forum Member
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    That would of been very useful for my F-in-law. The times I've had to talk him through on the phone where to find the right button on his remote to switch back to digital. Bless him!

I'm continually getting calls at work from customers who have switched the set back to analogue :D

It's taken over from customers who've pressed the i+ button and switched channel ID permanently ON.