Options

Panasonic kx-dt521

Hi there!
I've got some problems / issues with our new phones panasonic kx-dt521:

1. digital screen is show only 0 numbers, but should show date, time, user name or number and when we call somewhere the digit number.

2. the phone theoretical is working and we can make calls and also answers coming calls but phone does not make any sound when someone is calling and also digital screen does not show anything.

3. all the time intercom light is lighting. In our previous model the same light was lighting but only when we pic up the phone so we thing this could be the main issues why our phone does not work.

I will be very grateful for any help!

Comments

• Options
    Gerry1Gerry1 Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's being used on a residential direct exchange line, it sounds like you may have dodgy extension wiring.

If you have a linebox, undo the screws, withdraw the lower panel and plug the phone into the test socket, using only the lead that came with it.

If you still have problems, return the phone to the retailer.

However, if you're using it with a PABX you need to contact your maintainer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Yes, we are using PABX but before we have not any problems with added a new device.

When we plugged a new phone to the central device we've got the some problems as above.

And our central device for phone is PANASONIC KX-NCP 1000 - maybe we need to reprogram some of them?
  • Options
    Gerry1Gerry1 Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately the manual describes it as a Digital Proprietary Telephone, so you probably have a compatibility issue. I'm afraid it's down to studying the manuals for your PABX and the phone.

System settings and / or a software update may solve it, otherwise it's a call to your local friendly PABX maintainer or the Panasonic helpdesk.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Our phone has PDXA outcomes so it should works uner/ with a PBCA with no problems. We still have got several KX-DT321 phones and they are working perfectly.
    Hope that information will help to sort it out.
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did you get it to work? Old post I know but I fit these systems and the last time I had this type of problem. Was because there were to many Panasonic Keysets on the system. These systems are modular in construction and you can add cards to give you more extensions. However the PSU can only run so many and sometimes you need to put a bigger PSU in the system to make additional phones work.