Liverpool Supporters Thread (Part 20)

Comments

• GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gerrard went off at the first training session, tight groin.
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't be the only one monumentally bored by this nonsense.
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just read that Ian St John is battling cancer, hope that he can recover from this. :(

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-football-legend-ian-st-3668177
  • ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just read that Ian St John is battling cancer, hope that he can recover from this. :(

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-football-legend-ian-st-3668177

Agreed, absolute legend. Seems like he's been battling a while, hopefully he comes through it.
  • edduk1981edduk1981 Posts: 2,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liverpool's bid to sign Alberto Moreno hits the rocks as Sevilla ask for chunk up front

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2653358/Liverpools-bid-sign-Alberto-Moreno-hits-rocks-Sevilla-ask-chunk-front.html#ixzz34DrPHIR9
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
  • MalbrenMalbren Posts: 3,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like the Moreno deal is happening then.

Good signing in my opinion, will offer us something down the left and give Flannagan a chance to push Johnson, which I think Johnson needs.

Was away when the Lambert stuff broke. Didn't believe it at first. 4m is nothing in today's terms though, so decent signing.

Never heard of Can before we were linked, so unsure on that one, but have faith that Rodgers knows who he wants to bring in.

Yes, that even includes Lallana, just not for more than 20m.
    As edduk post below I've heard it's now not a done deal with more negotiating necessary, time will tell.

I agree about Lambert, I was surprised at first but I'd rather have him as an option coming on than Aspas/Borini to be fair.

With regards Lallana I believe we've already gone up to 25M but wont go past that. I'd love us to get him but not for 30M, that surely is too overpriced!
    edduk1981 wrote: »
    Liverpool's bid to sign Alberto Moreno hits the rocks as Sevilla ask for chunk up front

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2653358/Liverpools-bid-sign-Alberto-Moreno-hits-rocks-Sevilla-ask-chunk-front.html#ixzz34DrPHIR9
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
  • Richie1001Richie1001 Posts: 8,217
    Forum Member
    £20m is high enough for Lallana. He's a good player, but he's not worth £20+ given what you can get elsewhere for that and we're not in need of English players given our squad make up.
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Several websites reporting that Porto are interested in Suso. Apparently he's only interested in being here next season if we can offer him a regular place in the team.

Very talented but still a bit raw (although I guess the same could be said of Coutinho). I'm not sure Rodgers will be able to guarantee him what he wants.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Parthenon wrote: »
    Several websites reporting that Porto are interested in Suso. Apparently he's only interested in being here next season if we can offer him a regular place in the team.

Very talented but still a bit raw (although I guess the same could be said of Coutinho). I'm not sure Rodgers will be able to guarantee him what he wants.

Liverpool should sell Suso to Porto with sell on and buy back clauses and use his sale to express an interest in their left back Alex Sandro. Give Seville a judge.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This news seriously worries me, I hope he doesn't do more damage for our pre season!

World Cup 2014: Luis Suarez doing 'triple shifts' for Uruguay

Striker Luis Suarez is working overtime to be fit for the World Cup as he recovers from knee surgery, says Uruguay team-mate Cristian Rodriguez.
    Uruguay open their Group D campaign against Costa Rica on Saturday, and coach Oscar Tabarez does not know when the Liverpool player will be available.

But winger Rodriguez said Suarez, 27, is doing all he can to return quickly.
    "He is very focused. He is working in double and triple shifts and we hope to have him with us soon," he said.
    Suarez had keyhole surgery to repair meniscus damage in his left knee on 22 May.
    After facing Costa Rica, Uruguay meet England on 19 June, before completing their group games against Italy five days later.
    Tabarez said Suarez is "responding very well" to his training programme and is in good spirits.
    He added: "As we have no set deadlines, I don't know if we'll have him for the first match, for the second, for the third.
    "If it were up to me, Suarez would play tomorrow."

BBC Sports News
  • LONERIDER37LONERIDER37 Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Should stop reading rumours on LFC, can be quite annoying. I see we are linked (again) with Victor Valdes a transfer I see no point whatsoever in or to be honest the 23yr old Notts Forest keeper who we are also linked with. I'd much rather have Reina back properly challenging Mignolet than Valdes!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    0rch1deam wrote: »
    This news seriously worries me, I hope he doesn't do more damage for our pre season!

World Cup 2014: Luis Suarez doing 'triple shifts' for Uruguay

Suarez won't be doing much pre-season in any event I'd say, luckily he doesn't need games to get up to speed. Remember how it would take Owen 4/5 games after his latest injury before he looked like scoring?
  • Super Dog ManSuper Dog Man Posts: 4,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would be disappointed if Suso was sold, especially with the amount of games we will has next season.

Rumours are doing my head in now though. Can't wait until the window shuts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dejan Lovren has handed in a transfer request according to some media.
  • Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    mike65 wrote: »
    Dejan Lovren has handed in a transfer request according to some media.

He might be the most sought after player this summer. Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal have all expressed an interest (allegedly).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Liverpool will grab him.
  • misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Should stop reading rumours on LFC, can be quite annoying. I see we are linked (again) with Victor Valdes a transfer I see no point whatsoever in or to be honest the 23yr old Notts Forest keeper who we are also linked with. I'd much rather have Reina back properly challenging Mignolet than Valdes!

Valdes is quality!!!
    Forum Member
    Looks like we'll end up on about page 30 before long, with all the utterly pointless threads sprouting up.

In the meantime, here's Sakho doing a bit of skill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_azl4K0_gE
  • OrchideamOrchideam Posts: 5,477
    Forum Member
    Parthenon wrote: »
    Looks like we'll end up on about page 30 before long, with all the utterly pointless threads sprouting up.

In the meantime, here's Sakho doing a bit of skill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_azl4K0_gE

I don't know a fraction of the names, and have no interest in most of these 'new & pointless' threads either. Hopefully our sane normality will resume on the other side, and everyone will click back into their own little niches once again.

PS: On topic, hope we hold onto Sakho, he quietly and efficiently gets the job done.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    Talks ongoing with Shaqiri apparently.
  • Draca_NoirDraca_Noir Posts: 1,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought Lovren had a good game last night, hopefully we can snap him up before Spurs inevitably go for him. If we don't get Shaqiri or Lallana, the right winger Perisic looks a good player.
    Forum Member
    Draca_Noir wrote: »
    Thought Lovren had a good game last night, hopefully we can snap him up before Spurs inevitably go for him. If we don't get Shaqiri or Lallana, the right winger Perisic looks a good player.

I've got a particular admiration for Perisic as I love genuinely two-footed players (Lallana qualifies too, I thought he was left footed until I saw him take a corner with his right).
    Forum Member
    A very respected journalist (usually spot on with transfers) on Twitter has said we're in talks with Bayern over Shaqiri. Nice to hear it from a reliable source.

https://twitter.com/DiMarzio/status/477416666654322688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep good to see, hopefully a deal will be struck before he scores a hat trick against France.
  • feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Draca_Noir wrote: »

Barcelona looking to hijack Liverpool's move for Dejan Lovren after cashing in on Fabregas

LIVERPOOL are in danger of missing out on Southampton star Dejan Lovren after Barcelona unexpectedly joined the race for his signature using the funds made from former Arsenal man Cesc Fabregas' move to Chelsea.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/482261/Barcelona-looking-to-hijack-Liverpool-s-move-for-Dejan-Lovren-after-cashing-in-on-Fabregas
This discussion has been closed.